+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Space Wolves Strategium+++

As the gates closed to the hall of the Annulus, Ulrik approached Grimnars throne and bowed to the Great Wolf.

"What news from our strike forces?"

"It was a hard fought challenge Jarl, and we lost many, but we were successful."

"Lost many, how can that be a success?"

"I am sure that when they return to the Fang, they will tell you Jarl. I know that for some, their mission priorities changed, and while this meant that they did not achieve the mission targets, their new objectives are of far more significance to the Rout"

"And what of the others?"

We took primacy over the other loyal chapters even though we were not overall champions. Our standing amongst the Chapters has risen immeasurably and we are finding our teeth.

Plus we have now a great many sagas and trophies to be shared amongst the Fang, and a great deal of feasting while the awards are given out to our most successful, strike force leaders"

"Well Old Wolf " grinned Grimnar "If there is a feast to be had, we should not tarry. Better get there before the Younglings devour all the wild boar!!"

And so we have reached the end of the ETL.

I have to say it has been a most enjoyable experience for me.

Even if you did nearly give me a heart attack with all the last minute vow completions.

The best part has been getting to know many of you a lot better than before and making new bonds of friendship.

I hope for next year, we can enjoy the same spirit & camaraderie.

This was the first year that I can think of where we all banded together properly, people say that as a forum we are close and we share our skills together in a proper brotherly kind of way. This year I think we really exemplified that, and for a single chapter we really showed what teamwork can achieve.

It is also the first year I can think of that we decided to make a concerted effort with guides, hint, tips & the like to try and help us prepare for the journey ahead, and also to try and be welcoming to those for whom this would be their first taste of a painting challenge.

I hope that this will be an on-going thing and those who were new to the ETL this year will continue to create bonds of friendship with those that come after, and the veterans amongst us can help guide those around us to have a fun & productive time amongst the Wolves.

I am interested to know if there was anything missing or some things which could get improved upon for upcoming ETL's & paint challenges. For example, more or different guides for painting pictures etc, better clarification in the info messages etc.

I can't thank you all enough though for just being a great bunch of guys and gals.

Anyway enough gushing from me, the real reason for this post, is that we promised badges & awards for your hard work and achievements.

Rather than giving a name and then a slew of badges after because this will take up way too much space, I will show a badge and list the names below, so check each one to see which award badges are yours to display

So without further ado, lets make a start:

BC1

The Blood Claw badge goes to those who successfully completed 1 vow, these fine fellows are:

Brother Crazywolf

Bulweih

Codyrstuart

Gnenthaal

Hammer Grimblood

Konnavaer

Lovesmuffins

Mactire

MJ

OnyxGuard

Rand Winters

RikuEru

rgr_maddog

Sturm Moonwolf

Svenghali

TheRatFink

Wolf Guard Dan

Wolf Guard Dan [/centre]

Yoyo Ninja

It's been a fun year and I can't wait for what next year brings with wolves dropping for 30k I'm hoping more brothers will join the call of the pack but staying true to this forum rather than heading over to reinforce the HH lot!!!

Amazing effort brothers, 3rd is nothing to be sniffed at. hopfully next year we can move up the rankings and come out even higher.

Massive thanks again to Semper and Dantay, with out you guys organising this place we wouldn't have had such a good 3 months.

Also I suppose I need to learn how to add badges to my profile.haha.

@Sturm Moonwolf (and any others who have lots of achievements in their signatures):

Well done on all your completions and achievements :) However, I must warn you that the signature rules have changed, with the maximum size taken up by pictures being now 990*100 pxl, plus ten lines of writing. I think the anouncement might have been a bit hidden, so I thought it was worth mentionning here.

Those symbols that can't fit into the signature can go in your "About Me" page :)

I know I'm not a moderator, but the deadline is coming up (end of the month) and we can all do our little bit to help out :)

Ok I'm a little simple when it comes to all this. How do you get all the file names for the badge and ETL banner?

Normally you can right-click on the images and "Copy Image Location" or "Copy Image URL" (or something like that), then you can paste it into the little box that appears when you try and integrate an image in a post or your signature. Otherwise:

[img=*PASTE HERE*]

Dantay, just checking but what was the 'tried to identify the fallen angel' for? :huh:

Thibk its for any of us that painted a Cypher model for ETL

That's what i thought, but I'm not on the list. Hmmmm, we shall see. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long... Think everyone is up to date now!!

Also apologies I completely forgot about the painted Cypher competition!!!

I will open a new topic for that.

Next RikuEru had an idea, which was fun.

Foe the ETL entrants, maybe.

I call it the colours of war!!

Basically all those who took part in the ETL whether they be oathbreaker or not an take part.

Plan is we each make a banner bearer, and then we pass it on to another ETL entrant, so each of us gets a little something :

I am thinking do it like a secret santa maybe? It also depends who would be up for it and if it went ahead, working out the santa part plus logistics.

Feel free to PM me about it and we can see what we can hash out.

Lastly a big thanks to all you guys for making this a stellar year for the Wolves!!

Archived