+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I only contributed a humble 485 points, but I enjoyed the ride a lot anyway and to see our community grow from strength to strength was amazing. 

485 points is not a 'humble' amount. That's a huge deal - about 5 promille of the entire amount. I'm serious. In the ETL, every point counts. Besides, the ETL is about quality first and numbers second. The fact that there's crazies among us now who vow 3000 points at the same time should not obfuscate the fact that 485 was considered a huge vow not three years ago.

Yeah, I went back and read the summaries for ETL I and II. In ETL II, Chaos painted just over 30,000 points with something like 36 participants. Interestingly enough though, the same principles of keep a high revow rate and stay a bit above the average vow size if possible held true even then.

I'll echo Augustus though: the size of your vow doesn't matter, so long as you finish it. Ultimately, it doesn't matter as long as you start it. The point of the ETL is the fact you actually get paint on to models, and the banter. Covering ourselves in glory is a happy side effect that needs the smaller vows just as much as the huge ones.

Dragonlover

I think I might take a break from Chaos next ETL. Not that I won't be playing traitors, but my Death Guard kits have been giving me dirty looks.

(Easier time painting though. Skull White spray everything, bronze trim, green shoulderpads, liberal amounts of typhus corruption, maybe my... passion Project from the Thousand Sons....)

Oh bugger...... Sorry if failed I had mostly everything painted just the damn contemptor dreadnought which I couldn't get right which lead to getting depressed about my painting skills and yeah didn't finish :( starting to think I should stop converting as much as I do as I can never finish painting it like compared to if I just assemble a kit normally like the Nurgle daemons which I finished easily

Soooooo since I'm an oathbreaker what is my punishment????

@ teutonic avenger - ahh that's a damn shame you failed your vow brother. You will have to wear the badge of oath breaker until years end.

I know what what you mean about kitbashing and paint planning! I've worked myself into plenty of tricky corners in the past. I've learned if something troubles me I just ignore it and hope a solution presents itself. Really bland colours help like dark brown or metal. Just hide the area away in shadow so you don't think about it ;)

It helps in the long run with your converting to start to think about paint planning; but it's very hard. You're on the right track! Just keep chipping away at it

Oh bugger...... Sorry if failed I had mostly everything painted just the damn contemptor dreadnought which I couldn't get right which lead to getting depressed about my painting skills and yeah didn't finish sad.png starting to think I should stop converting as much as I do as I can never finish painting it like compared to if I just assemble a kit normally like the Nurgle daemons which I finished easily

You get to put the Oathbreaker badge in your signature until year end as per the spiel in your vow oath!

Infinitely better than the Hubcap of Shame!

http://www.kenzerco.com/free_files/kodt/K142_preview.pdf

Edit: Included a nice pdf

Guys it has been a pleasure as usual.

I really like the opportunity to kick my own ass and paint my wayward figs during this "competition".

And I enjoy seeing all your great paintings.

Congratulations to everybody !

And many many thanks to Captain Semper and the Fraters for the ETL management. 

I'm glad I got to do ETL this year I've always missed the deadline to start. I think I will lot more of my armies since I go through a lot. Although I can't believe I finished over 7000 points in such a small amount of time. It really cleared my back log of models which will help me to make new armies:) now what exactly is the call of chaos thing. I might like to do that!

I'm glad I got to do ETL this year I've always missed the deadline to start. I think I will lot more of my armies since I go through a lot. Although I can't believe I finished over 7000 points in such a small amount of time. It really cleared my back log of models which will help me to make new armies:) now what exactly is the call of chaos thing. I might like to do that!

If you would like to participate in more events, please check out this page :)

I think I might take a break from Chaos next ETL. Not that I won't be playing traitors, but my Death Guard kits have been giving me dirty looks.

(Easier time painting though. Skull White spray everything, bronze trim, green shoulderpads, liberal amounts of typhus corruption, maybe my... passion Project from the Thousand Sons....)

well just cause the models are 30k you can still paint them for team chaos! they be perfect as chaos space marines or even plague marines. i know cause i asked, i was really worryed before the ETL had all these 30k models build and wanted to paint those, bit my loyalties is always gonna be to you guys on team chaos! so i asked if i had to be on the horus heresy team, and semper told me that it be fine as long as I pledged them as legal units, an excample is chaos cant have normal droppods so had to skip those ;)

My post-ETL plans are stripping a few Helbrutes (and maybe Warp Talons) in preparation for my Red Corsair allies for my Alpha Legion. The OTT mutated aesthetic simply doesn't fit with my Veterans of the Long War. I may also get my paws on a metal sorcerer and a metal Ahriman for my possible Thousand Sons allies, and another old non-CSM Chaos Sorcerer for my LatD. I may even add another Chosen or two to my squads. 

For my main Alpha Legion force, I'll be painting up my three Disco Predators. My 30k Alpha Legionnaires will be reinforced with 10 Cataphractii plus a Primus Medicae and a Praetor to go with them.

Obviously, those are my plans. Whether they'll all happen is another matter entirely.

well just cause the models are 30k you can still paint them for team chaos! they be perfect as chaos space marines or even plague marines. i know cause i asked, i was really worryed before the ETL had all these 30k models build and wanted to paint those, bit my loyalties is always gonna be to you guys on team chaos! so i asked if i had to be on the horus heresy team, and semper told me that it be fine as long as I pledged them as legal units, an excample is chaos cant have normal droppods so had to skip those ;)

Eh, I lack the rules for a Chaos Dredero, and I'd like to vow my Thousand Son Praetor as ... well, that.

Eh, I lack the rules for a Chaos Dredero, and I'd like to vow my Thousand Son Praetor as ... well, that.

you can do it as a hellbrute or big contemptor, but better that chaos get the points ;) and preator is just a fancy word for chaos lord or Ahriman

Oh bugger...... Sorry if failed I had mostly everything painted just the damn contemptor dreadnought which I couldn't get right which lead to getting depressed about my painting skills and yeah didn't finish :( starting to think I should stop converting as much as I do as I can never finish painting it like compared to if I just assemble a kit normally like the Nurgle daemons which I finished easily

*Squeals in girly voice* A Spanking!!!

Thanks again to Semper for another ETL, and well done to everyone who took part, its been a blast! :tu:

Also congrats to Chaeron for the full 15k. Well done brother, we should pat ourselves on the back for a job well done. :lol:

Win or Lose I painted 90% of my Chaos and started three new ones, so I still feel like a winner, and Ive totally fallen in love with my Iron Warriors. :wub:

The Etl consumed all my "bad husband/father" points^^;; so all other hobby projects will wait for my wife to pronounce the fateful phrase "You have all this beautiful miniatures, you should paint them!" or the sight of Sanguinius (her favorite Primarch)

But... Well, now I have a full  painted chaos army, still I have Termies and Raptors plus some vehicles in my backlog for the ruinous powers...And my lone painted Hellbrute could use some companions...

But probably I will switch to filthy Xenos... I have a full hyper competitive (^^) Harlequins only army with withe primer on waiting for a lot of diamonds^^;;;;

I always loved those guys! ( Sorry^^;; )

Maybe the Chaos stuff could await next year...

I loved this Etl, even if i really made a bad use of time. As Teutonic said, I got stuck with indecision about spawns for a long time and nearly missed.

But at last (did I thank my wife? Thanks wife!!) I succeeded, and only because I did not want to disappoint my Chaos Fratres

You...We... are a great community, a rarity on the Internet!

Thanks to you all

(and wife)

Ooh yea Ive got Bretonnians to finish, and some Slaanesh Daemons, and some Khorne marines, a small Noise Marine army to re paint... Then some Daemon World terrain to grace my games table.

Archived