• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the Lord Discordant should be standing over someone, crouching forward as if to speak quietly and ominously to them or to start an incantation over them, while the victim is trying to crawl away.

Great paint work, looks really good

Edited by Dantay VI

Impressive work on the Lord Discordant. The hooded cloak reminds me of the Dark Angels, though; is the Lord Discordant a Fallen Angel who joined the Word Bearers?

The converted Master of Possession? He's just a very twisted Word Bearer, corrupted mentally and physically by the dark pacts he has forged as he binds daemons into Daemon engines.

Like it, impressive conversion and good paintjob

Thanks, I enjoyed making him

It looks like the Lord Discordant should be standing over someone, crouching forward as if to speak quietly and ominously to them or to start an incantation over them, while the victim is trying to crawl away.

Great paint work, looks really good

The Pastor? That's a nice idea, I might try and create a display base for him that adds that touch. I've got the space marine body from belakor's base waiting for a use, perhaps I can create an objective marker/display base using that.

Well, the closing date for Brush Beat has passed and I entered the Lord Discordant in time. I shall hopefully be able to share the finished work in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my now complete and publishable Word Bearers Lord Discordant, built and painted for the Brush Beast 2021 competition on Facebook. Since they have now gathered all the entries and judging is underway I can now share the finished work. I tried to push myself as much as I could, refining techniques I already use to the best of my ability.

The model itself has a new rider, mainly built from the Dark Apostle model, but with some alterations.

gallery_62155_11151_302604.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_185064.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_447315.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_166176.jpg

I won't know until next week how I got on in the competition, but it was fun taking part.

Let me know what you think!