To Recover the Past... [OW/DW] OOC Thread

hahaha I forgot Slipstreams is a mod here biggrin.png I guess I can't write censored.gif with 1 instead of the "i". Good thing SMs don't say censored.gif, censored.gif, mother:cusser or :cuss or we'd be in trouble

edit: removed an actual swear word that was shown msn-wink.gif

All of you thus far as knocking the story out of the park with your posts!

Wow; I need to get a post up shortly this week. I just wanted to wait and see how things go overall in the remaining PC's to post their actions before moving things along storywise.

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried to post a few different times but end up feeling like my posts are lacking in comparison to the others and deleting my posts lol. Doing my best to work on my hanger entrance now.

Slipstreams, I was just listening to the False Gods audio book (HH book 2) and during the fight with the technocracy (when the Luna Wolves and World Eaters storm the breached walls and Angron gets buried under "a mountain" and rises up from it again). Angron was described as wielding an immense chainglaive, the biggest that Loken had ever seen.

Then in Galaxy in Flames (very early Chapter 2 I think), Loken, Torgaddon and Khârn are in the Vengeful Spirit's trophy room all looking at a chainglaive a xenos "the size of a tank" had used.

...so maybe they weren't AS rare in 30k as they people seem to think. Loken at least didn't make a comment on the oddity of Angron's weapon other than the size

I thought Lord Heremes was in need of making a post before things continued?

Sorry, I am rather busy; as it is, the Strike Cruiser is going to be heading out soon(ish), once that post is made, and things will start to happen again, in time.

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried to post a few different times but end up feeling like my posts are lacking in comparison to the others and deleting my posts lol. Doing my best to work on my hanger entrance now.

Just bang something out man, we're not writing a novel here we're playing a game

I guess Im past due to introduce myself, but obviously Im playing the blackshield. This will be my first pbp and entry into not only the Deathwatch RPG, but RPGs in general. Looking forward to it and enjoying the game so far.

I initially thought about only posting in the IC thread to reinforce the cold, brooding blackshield archetype, but figured I can drive that point home without being a jerk in real life too. Im still debating sharing my stats, talents and skills with everyone to maintain the illusion of secrecy. It probably wont be too hard for the team to ascertain what hes capable of after this mission however. Thoughts?

Req:

Astartes Bolt Pistol - (incl)
Astartes Inferno Pistol - (incl)

Frag & Krak grenade x3 - (incl)

Bolt Pistol Mags x10 - (incl)

Bolter Mags x10 - (incl)

Stalker Bolter - 15

Astartes Chainsword - 5
Astartes Combat Webbing - 3
Dipole Maglock, Astartes Chainsword - 5

Camo Cloak - 20

Stummer - 5

Stalker Shells - 5 (1 mag)

Fire Selector - 2

Total - 60

Big shout out to Slipstreams and Karack for getting me up to speed and answering my many questions. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of rpgs, if there is anything I can do go help feel free to let me know; even if it is about rpgs unrelated to 40k. I have run or participated in games for most of the 40k rpgs and about half a dozen other systems.

Welcome Reckoning. I'd say it's totally fine to share the stats and talents etc. it even might be a pretty good idea to do so because you're new and might make mistakes, forget you've got something or how it affects another thing. We're old hands at this so we can separate IC and OOC. Like IC my character enjoys violence, causing terror and chopping off heads pirate.gif , and IRL I've only killed very few people ph34r.png

Figured Id post here instead of the thread from last month.

Characteristics:

WS 60

BS  44

S    40

T    45

AG  54

INT 40

PER 46

WP  46

FEL 31 (-3 Lone Survivor)

Wounds - 23

Fate Points - 4

Aptitudes:

WS

BS

T

WP

Ag

Fin

Lead

Off

Def

Talents:

WS Advancement, simple - 100 xp

Whirlwind of Death - 300 xp

Two-Weapon Wielder - 300 xp (Melee)

Two-Weapon Wielder - 300 xp (Ranged)

Sidearm - 400 xp

Deed - Lone Survivor - 100 xp / Hatred - Chaos Space Marines (RoB p.87)

MK VII with Legends of War - Last Survivor

Waiting on approval for the talents from Karack.

Also, Id like my character to have a bionic arm. Just common craftsmanship, nothing that grants any bonuses.

Figured Id post here instead of the thread from last month.

Characteristics:

WS 60

BS  44

S    40

T    45

AG  54

INT 40

PER 46

WP  46

FEL 31 (-3 Lone Survivor)

Wounds - 23

Fate Points - 4

Aptitudes:

WS

BS

T

WP

Ag

Fin

Lead

Off

Def

Talents:

WS Advancement, simple - 100 xp

Whirlwind of Death - 300 xp

Two-Weapon Wielder - 300 xp (Melee)

Two-Weapon Wielder - 300 xp (Ranged)

Sidearm - 400 xp

Deed - Lone Survivor - 100 xp / Hatred - Chaos Space Marines (RoB p.87)

MK VII with Legends of War - Last Survivor

Waiting on approval for the talents from Karack.

Also, Id like my character to have a bionic arm. Just common craftsmanship, nothing that grants any bonuses.

Looks good here.

That was curious indeed. Hopefully he's extra careful because I certainly wouldn't be against forcibly scheduling an appointment for him and one of our Chaplains :p

So, question: are people interested in combat, or, roleplaying more?

And, the next post is up. If the party is interested in RP, there's the mentioned dinner with the Captain and the Commissar; or, I can cook up something to happen here, involving combat.

I guess Im interested in both really. I like the dynamic between the group we have going so far. Its rather fun adding humanity to creatures almost entirely removed from their species.

But Id also like to do what Astartes are created to do.

Having a lot of fun so far. Anyone else checking their phone as often as I am?

I'm all for a stable mix. It's fun to flesh out these individuals and have them interact because there really is so much more to space marines then simply war. We were all once human before we were reforged for this bloody purpose. But in the end we forged for battle, and so battle must come.

Archived