"Cousin!!".

The echo of the word rolled around the arena as Zendrenael strolled purposefully across its floor towards his soon to be opponent. His smile was broad across his face, and his right hand was out held ready to embrace the Flesh Tearers forearm in a warriors handshake.

The first part of his strategy had been an overwhelming success, to patronise and antagonise all present, to raise their ire, and leave them questioning his faculties.

Phase two was to offset them all further with a welcome in stark contrast to his prior words and deeds. Should any assembled be novice enough to believe he had the intention of being less than ruthlessly efficient in this contest they would soon see the error of their way. Experience had taught him that battles were too often won in the hearts and minds of the combatants, more frequently than not before a foot had even been laid on terrain. He had moved to take advantage of this, and from the looks in the eyes of many of those gathered his feint had been bought.

"Cousin!!! You pay us an honour by heeding our call - Here's hoping both your body and pride survive the visit!"

His words had been chosen to belittle and antagonise, to imply the guests were at the Blood Angels beck and call, and naturally subservient.

Now to see just how far the son of Amit could be pushed away from the cold, hard, emotionless reasoning required to win a duel of this level...

Grann leaned over to Fayyad, a single eyebrow raised in interest.

"This one ought to be fascinating." He murmured, interest creeping into his voice. Fayyad tipped his head to the side, and examined the Baalite.

"What makes you say that, brother? The Captain of the Eighth is indeed a great champion, but no rising star. His opponent Sandriel is a warrior of at least as much skill."

Grann's rough features contorted into a grin as he offered the librarian a swig from his personal flask.

"Because, my friend, Zedrenael is the one who put hotsauce in all the refreshments."

Just call me a greater daemon of Slaanesh, because I'm not telling.

All I will say is that Chaplain Darr'knight's fight with Sergeant Dantorial was exhausting.

That's ominous, guess I had to use alot of my rerolls!

EDC

I'm so excited for this now!

Again, once the fight before ours has happened I'll enter the arena with some RP.

So Xenith, refrain from posting our fight until that happens :P

Just call me a greater daemon of Slaanesh, because I'm not telling.

All I will say is that Chaplain Darr'knight's fight with Sergeant Dantorial was exhausting.

That's ominous, guess I had to use alot of my rerolls!

EDC

I'm so excited for this now!

Again, once the fight before ours has happened I'll enter the arena with some RP.

So Xenith, refrain from posting our fight until that happens :tongue.:

Wait, you've painted something? :blink.:

++FIGHT 6++

Mightykin Slantien 1 mastery level 2 librarian in TDA with a force axe and a storm shield and 2 rerolls. Comes to 155 points.  Rolling on biomancy.

Vanguard Vet Sgt. Brutus of the Blood Revenants
- Jump Pack- Storm Shield- Power Fist- Six re-rolls

Sandriel rolls Iron arm and Enfeeble, potentially very powerful

Slantien rolls 7, Brutus rolls 9. Brutus goes first.

++BEGIN++

Wasting no time, Brutus fired his jump pack and emptied his bolt pistols magazine in the direction of his opponent. Several rounds hit, the impacts rocking the Librarian back, but none could penetrate the ancient dreadnought armour he wore.

With both combatants hefting oversized weapons, Slantiens axe and Brutus’s fist, combat was a slower affair than the last fight, which was a flurry of glittering AngelSteel. This was the strategic maneuvering of battleships compared to the duelling of assault craft seen previously.

Taking the initiative, and looking to end the fight quickly, Brutus leaned in as Slantien stepped backward, keen to press the attack, Brutus overextended his reach, the Librarians staff giving him the much greater range, however, and and as a reward, Slantien whirled his long axe, delivering the butt of the force weapon to under Brutus, chin, the ceramite cracking with a noise that echoed through the arena. In the moment afforded by Brutus’s stumble, Slantien whirled the  long axe around, bringing the razor edge in contact with Brutus’s helm. “I yield” spat Brutus through clenched teeth, as the paint on his armour began to peel from the ceramite under the power of the force staff.

The Fight:

Brutus jumps forwards, bolt pistol hits, wounds, saved. Brutus charges in on a 7.

Combat. Both are unwieldy, roll for Brutus first as he has the initiative.

Brutus 1 hit, even with rerolls, wound, saved by the shield.

Slantien 2 hits with rerolls, 2 wounds, double fail for Brutus, rerolls and still one fail, fails rugged, rerolls a 5, still fails.

Brutus is down. Slantien Wins

Edited by Xenith

Lol Brutus performed just like in real life... Those armor saves are tough, even with rerolls apparently...

"Excellent fight, brother. I knew you would not disappoint." Brutus exclaimed almost joyously as blood flew from his mouth. He always enjoyed a good beating, having been known to state "you learn more from a crushing defeat than a quick victory." This has lead to Brutus gaining a reputation for never making the same mistake twice among his brothers.

"It's an honor to have faced you. Hopefully one day I will have this honor again, and rest assured i will not let it be so easy for you next time." Brutus stated with a seemingly more cold and serious tone this time.

"May sanguinius continue to watch over you for the rest of the tournament."

And great write up!

Edited by Brother Lemartes

Hey, sorry, work is getting more and more chaotic and I don't have the energy for write ups in the evening...it feels like we're slowly being dragged into the eye...

Any news on the next write up? Zendrenael is getting board and thinking about playing the old "Krak Grenade in the exhaust pipe" joke on someone's combat bike...

(Sorry to chase and you are doing super work for what it's worth - just really keen to see how this thread plays out!).

Don't forget, Zendrenael, marine bikes have 4 exhausts!
Edited by Xenith