++FIGHT 3++

Epistolary Castiel of the Blood Angels.

Wargear: ML2, Jump pack, grav pistol, force sword, digital weapons + 2 re-rolls = 160 points. Rolls on Biomancy. 

Powers: Haemorrhage, endurance.

Chaplain Pontius Contristatus of the Angels Sorrowful 

Infernus pistol, jump pack, 2 re-rolls

++BEGIN++

Castiel entered the arena eying the Angel Sorrowful warily. He knew little of the Violet clad cousins of the Blood Angels, and rather than give the Chaplain a chance to attack, he resolved to end this fight fast, saving his energy for the greater challenges ahead. He leaned into a run, jump pack whining to life as he reached within himself for the power to exsanguinate the chaplain. Debilitate him, with no lasting effects.

“Abhor the Witch”

Contristratus raised his infernus pistol, and shot Castiel in the chest.

The Chaplain turned and rejoined his honour guard as Castiel collapsed to the ground, his chest plate a smoking ruin.

++Contristratus wins++

Wow, that was harsh. Castiel just had zero luck whatsoever.

Castiel goes first 9-7

Castiel moves forward and generates 4 warp charge total. Castiel attempts to cast force, fails with a reroll, attempts to cast haemorrhage on 3 dice, fails with a reroll, no more rerolls, misses with grav pistol!

Castiel makes a 6” charge on a 6!

Contristratus overwatches and hits with infernus pistol, wounds, causes 2 wounds, taking out Castiel as he charged.

Well ... that was unexpected.

Some rather un-Lamenter-ish luck on the dice there for/against Pontius Contristratus!

+++

Rage and grief. Fury and tears. The ebb and flow of the Angel Sorrowful soul. The combat had scarcely commenced before it was over. The ancient Infernus Pistol had struck true as the Brother Librarian had aggressively attacked. The fickle powers of the Warp had abandoned the Epistolary this day, it would seem. Pontius Contristratus returned to his honour guard as the red thirst gave way to the blackness. It was ever a delicate balance -- retreating to the familiar sadness would stay a fall into incoherent rage. Yet the chaplain knew well that more of his chapter's battle brothers fell completely into the madness of the Black Rage when meditating on the dolorous mysteries of Sanguinius' death.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Contristratus felt the pain of loss in both his hearts as he rejoined his honour guard. He did not feel the exultation of victory. He signalled to the Sanguinary Novitiate among them.

"Mucius," said the chaplain. "Go to Epistolary Castiel and ensure that he is not permanently damaged, and express to him the honour I had to face a Librarian of the Blood Angels."

"Yes, Brother Chaplain."

Contristratus now focused his attention on the arena to observe the next contest, knowing the winner would be his next opponent.

Edited by Nicodemus Doloroso

Captain Lazare stands ready for his fight. He is slent and resolute as ever in prayer as he always is on the eve of battle, for once he has briefed his brothers on the plan he utters not a word until the fight is over, only roars of hate and rage as he hacks the enemies of man into bits. He patiently waits and prays to the Emperor for his holy favor..

I'm glad the Blood Owls are in the "Angry Marines" part. That's sort of where I was aiming with the name, but everyone in my area goes with "Adorable Fluff Balls". Which I don't mind, per se. I'm an easy-going sort, really. But "Adorable Fluff Balls of Incandescent Fury" is closer to my intentions.

I'm glad the Blood Owls are in the "Angry Marines" part. That's sort of where I was aiming with the name, but everyone in my area goes with "Adorable Fluff Balls". Which I don't mind, per se. I'm an easy-going sort, really. But "Adorable Fluff Balls of Incandescent Fury" is closer to my intentions.

Would some official designation like 'Raptorae Sangueous' or the like work? Like Carachodons Astra instead space sharks.

Unfortunately perception of the owl is firstly, wise, then due to the rise of the internet, cute.

++FIGHT 3++

Captain Lazare of the 5th Company. Wargear: Terminator Armor, Iron Halo, Storm Bolter, Power Sword, 2 Re-Rolls.

Reclusiarch Hazriel the Oathsworn of the Carmine Blades. Wargear: The Fury of Baal, Jump Pack, 2 Re-rolls

++BEGIN++

Reclusiarch Hazriel of the Carmine Blades entered the arena, the air still heavy with the smell of burnt parchment and cooked meat. He pitied the librarian, and Contristratus’s attack was beyond the pale, however after the initial fight, it would be perilous to allow a psyker free reign to use the warp. The ground trembled as his opponent approached. Stone was pulverised under ceramite as Lazare of the 5th Company of the Blood Angels entered the arena, his short stature more than compensated by his blade, as long as a Space Marine was tall. A hiss of escaping pressure, and Lazare removed his helmet, tossing it to one of his attendants in the gathered audience: “I will look you in the eye as I end this streak of successor victories, Hazriel” called Lazare, a wry grin splitting his mouth, showing the barest hint of an over long canine. Hazriel’s impassive skull faced helm betrayed no emotion on his behalf. “We shall see, Angel, we shall see…” 

Hazriel Activcated his jump pack, bounding through the air, an angel of divine retribution. The Fury of Baal spat death, the ancient weapon so powerful that even Lazare’s tactical dreadnought armour, designed to withstand the environment inside a plasma reactor, was not proof against it, a fist sized hole blown in Lazare’s side as he turned into the fire. Raising his storm bolter, and wondering how Hazriel got the weapon from the forge Master’s armoury, he filled the air with bolt shells, all of which impacted harmlessly on the master wrought armour the chaplain wore, or the crozius he held before him.

As Hazriel reached the top of his arcing jump, he angled his pack and powered toward Lazare like a bolt of black lightning. Lazare was not a captain for nothing, though, and stepped into the assault with his oversized power sword, bypassing the chaplains guard, roaring his frustration as his debilitating strike was warded by the chaplains glowing rosarius. Rolling his body to the right and away from the captains blade, Hazriel began to pummel the captain with a series of vicious blows, each of which would have punched through the hull of a rhino, yet rhinos are not made of terminator armour, and Lazare emerged unharmed.

After what seemed an eternity of trading blows, neither Captain nor Chaplian seemed to have the upper hand, Lazares armour was too much for Hazriels Crozius, and that rosarius was proof against everything Lazare attempted. Both were tiring, and they would need this strength in the fights to come. Swinging his crozius savagely in a wide, backhanded arc, Hazriel’s eyes widened in surprise as instead of blocking, Lazare raised his right arm, opening his guard, the bludgeoning head crushing into his side. Gritting his teeth in pain, Lazare slammed his arm back down, pinning the crozius in place, the chaplain, now pinned, didn’t notice the tip of the powersword piercing his abdominal armour, it’s power field beginning to brown his skin beneath. “The slow blade penetrates the shield, Hazriel. You fought well, and with honour, but I have bested you.” Knowing he had lost this day, Hazriel nodded, and stepped away from the blade. Both warriors saluted, then shook hands in the warriors grip, forearm to forearm, and went back to their frater. Hazriel to ruminate on his loss, and Lazare to prepare for the next challenge.

The fight started fast but with these two evenly matched opponents, it then descended into a whole lot of hitting, full report spoilered:

In round two, Lazares higher I and WS paid off again, gaining 2 hits, 1 wound, saved by Hazriel's rosarius. Hazriel got 2 hits, not benefitting from Hatred this turn. This translated to 2 wounds, both saved by Lazare's TDA.

R3 Lazare 1 hit, no wound, Hazriel hit, wound, save

R4 Lazare 2 hits, double 6 to wound, double 6 to save!!! Hazriel 2 hits, 2 wounds, 1 fail, LAZARE GETS CONCUSSED! This could be the end if Hazriel can press this advantage,

R5 Hazriel goes first due to Lazare being concussed by his crozius. He gets 1 hit, 1 wound, which is saved. Lazare gets 3 hits, 1 wound, failed save

R6 Lazare 3 his, 2 wounds, 1 failed. Hazriel knocked out.

++LAZARE WINS++

Edited by Xenith

I was actually only talking about fights 2 and 3 which pitted Lamenters versus Blood Angels. I assumed both Owl and Blades were Angry Marines so that would be Angry vs Angry. The two fights of sad vs. Angry sad came out on top though. :)

Would some official designation like 'Raptorae Sangueous' or the like work? Like Carachodons Astra instead space sharks.

Unfortunately perception of the owl is firstly, wise, then due to the rise of the internet, cute.

I think I wrote something along those lines for the IA I did a while back, but I can't find it. Ah well. Sterigies Sanguine works pretty well, probably.

I was actually only talking about fights 2 and 3 which pitted Lamenters versus Blood Angels. I assumed both Owl and Blades were Angry Marines so that would be Angry vs Angry. The two fights of sad vs. Angry sad came out on top though. :smile.:

I guessed as much, but any excuse to talk about my Successor, eh? :P