Great stuff so far Xenith, keep up the cracking write ups.

I'm glad you're rolling these dice as mine have a tendency to fail me!

EDC

No problem, I'm glad you're all enjoying the writing!

Yes, my B&C Blood Angel dice seem a bit bipolar at times, like our chapter. All ones or all sixes...hopefully they average out over a fight!

Sergeant Lorenzo  Storm bolter, power sword, TDA, eight re-rolls

++FIGHT 5++

Veteran Vanguard Sgt Trous representing Scarlet Mantle, successor to the Blood Angels.

- Jump Pack- Storm Shield- Relic Blade- Six re-rolls

147pts

With both fighters having a single wound, and a load of rerolls, this would be an interesting, if possibly short fight!

Trous takes the initiative 7 – 6, thanks to the jump pack.

++BEGIN++

Trous ignited his crimson jump pack, eager to gain a swift victory for the scarlet mantle. Flying through the air at the ancient, venerable terminator sergeant, he unloaded his bolt pistol, sending metal screaming through the air. The mighty Lorenzo, however, knew his armour was proof against such a diversion and waded through the fire, returning his own, forcing Trous to jink aside, but not stopping his lethal momentum.

Trous dropped his empty pistol an instant before he crashed into Lorenzo, taking his relic blade in a two handed grip, his stormshield strapped to his forearm. A flurry of blows from Trous tear great chunks of ceramite from the Termiantor armour of Lorenzo, and a power cable is severed, hissing sparks cascading down Lorenzos armour, however it is simply one of many redundant features, and has no impact on the fight. Lorenzo punched forwards with his storm bolter, shunting aside Trous’s shield before an arcing swing of his sword, however Trous managed to get his shield into place in time to block the attack.

These opening swings were nothing but the two master swordsmen taking the measure of one another, each lunge parried and answered in turn with a vicious riposte, both warriors uttering oaths and prayers to the Emperor and Sanguinius to guide their blades, and proof their armour againt their opponents. To those assembled, their prayers seemed to work, as neither warrior could land a telling blow, despite the countless nicks and gouges where material had been rent from each of their armour, Lorenzos lighter blade stabbing in and out while Trous’s mighty Chapter Relic swung in huge crushing arcs.

As Trous wound back for a final, crushing blow, Lorenzo darted forwards, faster than could normally be expected of one in such heavy armour, his blade forward, he saw his opening, Trous’s exposed midriff and rammed the blade home. Trous was no normal swordsman, and only a wound that would kill a human wound incapacitate him. The power sword pierced the power armour, ceramite parting before the disruption field, and punched into Trous’s body in a calculated attempt to bisect the warriors Grendl’s Spleen. Surprise  flashed across Lorenzo’s face as his opponent did not fall. A left hand shot out, gripping the power sword, ceramite fingers crackling under the energy field, as Trous’s relic blade continued it’s deadly cresent. 

Trous knew he had his opponent, and pulled the blow, however the blade sliced into Lorenzos side, cutting deep in one of the few weak points in tactical dreadnought armour. Lorenzos HUD flashed up with multiple suit breaches and warnings that his tertiary appendix had been ruptures. He submitted. The fight was Trous’s. As the warriors disengaged, Lorenzo's advanced biology already sealing the gaping wound in his side, he simply asked "How?".

Trous turned to the sergeant, his baleful lenses glowing

"That was a good attempt, brother, and would have felled almost any other Astartes, however that spleen was already exorcised by a greenskin on Malren 13. Your attack did me no harm, and the power field has already cauterised the wound".

Shaking his head in disbelief, Lorenzo limped to the Sanguinary Priests, his armour red with his own blood.

The Rolling

Trous moves 12” toward Lorenzon. Bolt pistol hits, wounds with a reroll, saved

Charge, passed on a 7

Lorenzo’s overwatch hits twice with the rerolls, however wounds once, and the wound is ignored by Trous’s armour.

Combat R1: Simultaneous

Trous 3 attacks, 3 hits, 3 wounds, 3 saves. Lorenzo 1 hit, 1 wound, saved.

R2 Trous: down to 2 attacks now, 1 hit, wounds, saved. Lorenzo 1 hit, no wounds.

R3 Trous, 1 hit, 1 wound, saved. Lorenzo: 2 hits 2 wounds, saved with a reroll!

R4 Trous 2 hits, 2 wounds, 1 FAIL! Saved with a reroll. Lorenzo is out of rerolls. Lorenzo 1 hit, no wounds

R5: Trous Missed twice, getting 1 hit with the reroll, and Trous is out of rerolls. Fails to wound. Lorenzo double 6 to hit, 5 and a 6 to wound…5 and a 3 to save…

R6 Trous 1 hit 1 wound FAILED SAVE! Lorenzo then fails his ‘rugged save’. Lorenzo 1 hit, 1 wound FAILED SAVE! TROUS PASSES HIS RUGGED ROLL, :censored:!?

TROUS WINS

Edited by Xenith

Aye, the fight took a while to run, but when I seen what happened, I knew where the story was going. 

It was an incredibly close fight, and due to both being I4, I was concerned they would knock one another out at the same time...which is of vcourse what happened :sleep.:

But them Rugged roles... my word.:ohmy.: