m0nolith's WIP

Could have sworn I've commented on your thread before... Oops :lol:

The new Inceptor looks awesome, as does the Van Saar. Very crisp and clean, fitting for both those factions. That Khârn though... :drool:

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the first out of two squads of Blood Angels Primaris Inceptors. The second one will be armed with plasma.

gallery_86352_14298_773639.jpg

gallery_86352_14298_719964.jpg

gallery_86352_14298_101348.jpg

gallery_86352_14298_105616.jpg

It really does blow my mind how clean and crisp your paint jobs are.

Thank you my good man :smile.:

Crisp as always! The Imperialis is a work of art.

Also really like the yellow on the Inceptor's helmet. What is the base yellow colour you're using?

Thanks! I'm using Vallejo Yellow Ochre Air as the base, but I should say that I also use gloss varnish first which does darken it a little bit and then army painter anti shine to make it matt again.

Could have sworn I've commented on your thread before... Oops :laugh.:

The new Inceptor looks awesome, as does the Van Saar. Very crisp and clean, fitting for both those factions. That Kh Edited by m0nolith

• 3 weeks later...

So, I quit my 30k Blood Angels.

Iv been thinking about my 30k BA and I'v come to the conclusion that my painting style (the fact that I spend an obscene amount of time per model) isn't conducive to playing one of the Legions (at least for now) if I actually ever want to play at a higher point value. So after thinking about it for a good long while, looking at the pros and cons, I'v come to the conclusion that the best course of action is to quit my BA...and start playing Custodes :biggrin.:

The fact is that I'v been a fan of the golden custards since they came out and actually long before they did. I always knew this was the army I was going to do after I finish the BA, but one issue was that I came to the conclusion I'm never actually going to finish the BA due to the time commitment required. There is also the fact that since I started painting my original BA, my painting style has changed significantly so I was seriously contemplating stripping and redoing all of the infantry models, and I think that would be a waste of hundreds of hours of work.

So I sold all my unpainted BA FW stuff and I'm still looking for a buyer for my painted 30k BA. Given the fact I spent around 12 to 15 hours per model, I'm asking for what I believe to be a fair price for them, so it may take me a while to find a buyer. 

All that being said, I am working on a BA Leviathan commission, so expect to see photos of it here sometime not too far in the future.

Edited by m0nolith

Whoa, serious decision but so it happens in this hobby. After all we do it for our own reasons and fun is the most important factor more often than not. We will definitely miss boys in red from under your hand, so it's good to hear, they might still pop up once in a while. 

Looking forward to your Custodes! 

And all the best on your new way of life, I guess! :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a BA Leviathan now, commission of course.

gallery_86352_12089_346825.jpeg

Whoa, serious decision but so it happens in this hobby. After all we do it for our own reasons and fun is the most important factor more often than not. We will definitely miss boys in red from under your hand, so it's good to hear, they might still pop up once in a while.

Looking forward to your Custodes!
And all the best on your new way of life, I guess! :biggrin.:

Thanks dude!

I still have some BA commissions coming up, so I wont exactly be going cold turkey on the BA :smile.:

I mean this in a good way: the red robes are on gold are going to look fantastic.

Yes they do :biggrin.:

Red shoulder pads as well :wink:

Edited by m0nolith

A bit off-topic, but what is Mephiston supoosed to be doing? Yawning? Coughing? I really don't get that pose.

Wiping blood from his mouth I believe.

Beautiful work on these blood angels-- the leviathan is shaping up to be a thing of beauty

Edited by The_Chaplain

The lower body is done! Now onto the arms now!

The only thing I want to point out that with the lights and the way the camera picks it up, the real life model's reds are a little darker than they seem in the photo.

gallery_86352_12089_256693.jpeg

Really nice work! :smile.:

Thanks

A bit off-topic, but what is Mephiston supoosed to be doing? Yawning? Coughing? I really don't get that pose.

Wiping blood from his mouth I believe.

Beautiful work on these blood angels-- the leviathan is shaping up to be a thing of beauty

I’m working hard on it, so I hope so :smile.:

I commend your painting skills.

Thank you good sir

Your work is incredible! Love it

Thank you very much :smile.:

Edited by m0nolith

• 2 weeks later...