m0nolith's WIP

Love the feel on those two!

A little bit of a comic-style with strong pronunciation of contrasts between highlights and shadows which are more important here than smooth blends. Colour selection is top-notch as always. And I never get tired of your signature overall "clean" look with the discreet nicks and scratches :thumbsup:

Thank you good kind sir!

I really love a lot of FW’s Necromunda model range and I plan on doing some more in the future.
One of the reasons I love it is because you can really have a blast doing all those nicks and scratches! I try not to overdo it because sometimes weathering too much can overtake the model to the point it ends up being something completely different, which to be fair can sometimes can look amazing, but it’s not what I was going for this time.
I was mainly playing around with different forms of leather and material with these two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So it's been a while since I've posted anything.

Working on some Corpse Grinder Cult for Necromunda. No paint yet, just building so far.

large.A9129A1C-68E7-4838-B81F-E5C92E4A75

large.5BEEA31F-B24D-4E8A-96CA-0868A83B7E

large.0E227312-FB8C-4BAA-B247-5ACABA54A1

I also finished building the Eightfold Harvest Lord.

Its a cool mini, but being FW resin, he's pretty much guaranteed to break during regular gaming given how spiky he is, so I figured I'd make more of an effort to see if I can make him a little more durable. First I replaced the spikes on his shoulderpads with pins, and then used green stuff to create spikes. I also got rid of the severed head because it was a little to much edgelord for me and it really threw off the mini IMO. Next I pinned a few more things like the banner poles and the single horn he has, as well as replacing the hooks on his side with metal ones. He's not indestructible, but he's definitely more durable than he used to be. I added the FW website photo of him so you can see the difference between the pure resin and the things I did.

large.IMG_7917.jpg.37c15c1f269152f1198c5  large.IMG_8222.jpg.04115677acc5b2c0182d9

large.IMG_7919.jpg.6946640c67d82c5d13ba1b4d1a5d52ff.jpg

large.IMG_8223.jpg.88abaa18569f49661f32f0e1427025b9.jpg

Finally I also did a Corpse Grinder Warp Horror Brute. 

I have to give credit to atarus3 and fluid_artwork_lab with coming up with the idea for the conversion.
The Chaos Accursed base of the model was a fantastic idea and I had to make one myself!

large.t8un59d8qcva1.jpg.1f03c6a2ea825be027a73f8dcea8382b.jpg