The Berserkers of Uran - a thread from the past

Raktra

• 2 weeks later...
So, what do we want to show off about the Berserkers in the final exemplary, besides that they could work together with a few Legions? Their manouevrability, I think - but just infantry, or Skyhunters as well perhaps? We could also work in their use of Penal Legions.

Their brutality for sure, pin them as a horror story right from the start. Trampling civilians, indiscriminate collateral, the kinda thing to make a Salamander :cuss his pants. The Penal Legions will fit nicely into that, meatshields and suicide bombers.

Seeing as the Berserkersa are the closest thing we have to the Night Lords in the terror stakes, perhaps the Emperor dispatches them to utterly break an empire that stands against the Crusade, with a warning issued to the initial expeditions to get the hell out of the way.

Seeing as the Berserkersaare the closest thing we have to the Night Lords in the terror stakes,

*sniff* I am greatly disappointed that you have forgotten the 15th.

You beat me to it, Grifft. I was shocked that people have forgotten that we have our own version of the Night Lords in the Grave Stalkers.

I still haven't got the clearest image of the GS for raw terror, besides the pariah factor. Do they need/want any writing done at the moment?

Yeah. Thats fair enough. I don't do too much with them at the moment due to being mostly complete in terms of rules etc so there's not too much to discuss. Psychological warfare is a big part of their MO though so terror tactics are certainly in their area of expertise. I think that if you want something big and 'flashy' to set an example you'd send the Berserkers as they are obvious and will shatter their target absolutely. The Grave Stalkers are much less likely to be noticed, they'd act from the shadows and be more like rumours. The end result would likely be similar, but it'd probably be slower as it relies more on the rumours spreading to be effective.

Seeing as the Berserkersaare the closest thing we have to the Night Lords in the terror stakes,

*sniff* I am greatly disappointed that you have forgotten the 15th.

You beat me to it, Grifft. I was shocked that people have forgotten that we have our own version of the Night Lords in the Grave Stalkers.

It's probably because I'm pretty quiet so much of the time :P And The Grave Stalkers don't see much work any more, something that likely won't change until their next campaign, or until the Death of the Bear stuff is finalised.

What happens on Mexicatii stays on Mexicatii.

Armour-wise, Blunt, I kind of envisioned it being like a battering ram initially, transports to quickly throw the 'serkers into melee, but never much thought beyond that. 

Are Rhinos likely quicker than Land Raiders? I figure the Berserkers would favour gunships where feasible, but also favour hard-hitting tanks as well as Skyhunter squadrons.

On Mexicatii Alexandros is put in charge of after-op Compliance operations, including the eradication of the remaining priesthood

Edited by bluntblade

I'm not sure to be honest, maybe 8th ed's movement stats will give a clearer picture for that? I'm in favour of them being used heavily though, they'd fit the Mad Max side of the aesthetic. Maybe save the Mastodons for Raktra or Riktus or something. Gunships would work, yeah, it's far less daunting fighting a freaky-ass angel beast with thirty tons of adamantium around you.

That is true. Reminds me the Bears' LAV needs some work. The Berserkers would probably like one of those.

Would the VII favour Thunderhawks, Storm Eagles or Stormbirds?

It's never easy to tell that stuff from crunch. PoH had Sicarans and Land Raiders thundering away Fury Road-style in one battle, but then they were WS tanks.

Edited by bluntblade

According to the 40k Wikia, the Rhino hits about 70kmph at max and the Land Raider 55. Which seems :cussing slow for both, but it's the only real info I could find.

I don't like the Thunderhawk models, so let's put favour to the other two.

They can do that, I'll stick buzz-saws over mine. I just found a 3.5ed Chaos Codex and saw the one with killa kan arms on it. I need them.