Duz does RG

duz_

I thought this was the edition of MSU? I didn't realise bulk Obsec was still required? 

I bulked out the tac squad to 10 man (which was my original goal), had to drop the Landspeeder and MM off the Storm Raven. 

Unfortunately it looks like I get the Storm Eagle or Levi, squeezing both in while trying to run an RG themed list is tough, people might think I'm playing Iron Hands otherwise :sick:

From this list I have to buy! and paint some Incusors (apparently I only have Infiltrators), paint the Intercessors, Chaplain and Hellblasters... :ermm: 
Stretch goal would be to finish camo painting the tac's and VV's which aren't all to the same standard....

+ HQ +

Chaplain [6 PL, 110pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Jump Pack, Litany of Hate, Plasma pistol
Kayvaan Shrike [7 PL, 135pts]: Warlord

+ Troops +
Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts] 
5x Incursor
Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle
5x Intercessor

Tactical Squad [10 PL, 200pts]
10x Space Marine w/ Heavy bolter, Plasma gun

+ Elites +
2x Invictor Tactical Warsuit [8 PL, 160pts]: Incendium cannon
Vanguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 215pts]: Jump Pack
2x Dual Lightning Claw, 2x Power sword + Storm shield, 2x Bolt pistol, Power fist, Sergeant: Storm shield + Thunder hammer

+ Heavy Support +
Devastator Squad [8 PL, 150pts]: Armorium Cherub
3x Lascannon, 1x Grav-cannon

Eliminator Squad [5 PL, 75pts]: Bolt sniper rifle

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Assault Plasma Incinerator
5x Hellblaster

+ Flyer +
Storm Eagle Gunship [19 PL, -1CP, 355pts]: Typhoon missile launcher ,Two twin lascannons

+ Dedicated Transport +
Drop Pod [4 PL, 70pts]: Storm bolter

On another note, just listened to the Primach series: Corax. It was a great book! Highly recommend it. I also listened to Fulgrim, which is a terrible book :lol: , but it was great to listen to the 5mins on the drop site massacre. Don't listen to what those useless IH say, their primarch was a clown filled with his own desire of revenge charging Fulgrim, it had nothing to do with trying to change the course of battle. At that point the loyalists had thought they'd won when he did his reckless charge.

Literal list construction complete :lol:

This isn't a bad multipart kit. Except I did have to trim the leg bands for the knives and pistols to fit nicely

gallery_87434_12256_92155.jpg

Also the TO has approved me to use bolter Reivers as auto bolter intercessors and regular hellblasters as assault hellblasters

This will save me a bunch of painting and also let's me use my nicely painted reviers as something useful and plays on the Phobos RG theme.

There still at least 10 models I have to paint between now and then. I'm hoping to get these guys primed tomorrow

Silly thought I had today:

I had to drop my land speeder to bulk out my tacticals

However I realised I could swap out my Dec squad for a storm speeder.... Not sure if I can paint it on time though

How bad of an idea is that?

I doubt I'll use the transport component of the Storm Eagle it's there to be more of a gun ship.

Drop pod will do drop pod stuff and dismount my tacticals possibly going for table quarters since I can combat squad if need be?

Tournament prep continues onto painting

I've had this jump chappy conversion for years... Finally getting some paint on him

I believe his the Solaq model

After this there's at least : plasma gunner, heavy bolter, VV with power fist and the 5 incursors to go. Plus all the stretch goals...

gallery_87434_12256_82533.jpg

Thx war! Surely you're raptors should be expecting some love soon? ;)

Reds nearly taken care of just some washing and highlighting left

After that it's mostly small details and edge highlighting the armour

gallery_87434_12256_51782.jpg

Maybe….but it will be a bit

The red is nice and bright with smooth applications. Well done

Bit more progress tonight hard to tell from the pics though

Finished off the reds with some pin washing and eve highlights

Tidied up the armour ready for its highlights

Dry brushed the wings and hit the eyes

Hopefully done with him this weekend and then onto the next model for the event

I listened to a YouTube video the other day and they said grav cannons are better than heavy bolters... Is this the case?

gallery_87434_12256_134344.jpg

Even when you factor in the HB mortal wound shells?

Upside is, if that's the case and they're the same point one less model I have to paint :lol: :sweat:

Edit:

Yeh I just looked at the stat line... Definitely no brainer since most multi wound models would have a 3+ save anyways

Edited by duz_

I think if your local meta has lots of units with the monster key word, a case could be made for HB, especially if you "lean into it" by running bolter fusillades and picking lots of units with HBs to generate mortal wound spam. But, maybe it is just my local meta, but I think in the past 18 months (lockdown for 19 weeks of that), there was only one RTT where I face a tyranids "nidzilla" list and a chaos list that had some units with the monster keyword. That is the only time that I can recall where HBs would have been useful.  

Your local meta may differ. I know one FLGS in a city nearby that still runs "old sized" tables for tournaments, apparently it makes 9th edition games a fair bit different and harder for melee armies. So there, maybe the extra range would tilt things against grav cannons. 

Now, if HBs were 5 or 7 points.... then it might be interesting. 

I have no idea what my meta is I've only played 2 events well over a year ago when 8th was out. Because of nurgle I haven't really been able to see what the locals play on a normal basis. Grav cannon it is because of reasons stated and reduced painting requirements! :lol:

Meanwhile :

Couple minor things but he's done!

Not sure if I'll go back and make the plasma brighter, or not. Will have to check my other models.

Its been so long I've forgotten the recipe I started to use <_<

gallery_87434_12256_192549.jpg

It was actually a little trickier than expected. The jump Chaplain is on a 25 :lol:

The jump captain doesn't have a description. Fortunately the HH heroes had the numbers it is a 32. 40 seems to be for Primaris.

Meanwhile I started painting a Tactical marine! I don't know the last time I did that! :sweat:

gallery_87434_12256_228302.jpg

Based the Chaplain today these resin bases are so good :wub:

gallery_87434_12256_99487.jpg

Made more progress on my tac marine tonight. Then after doing my best job ever at pure white. I realise I inverted the colours on his shoulder pad! It's been so long since I've done line troops :facepalm:

gallery_87434_12256_439384.jpg

Thanks XD!

Got some good progress on my VV last night too. Also got my spray both ready for some priming and basing today. I'm not sure I'll be able to paint the 5 incursors, 5 assault hellblasters and 5 autonomy intercessors in time. Which is good I already have approval to proxy those 2 units.

gallery_87434_12256_180921.jpg

I also preordered this guy yesterday! Have you? :D

Screenshot_20211015-084659_Chrome.jpg