Duz does RG

duz_

Considering they shouldn't be interacting with 40k models except in rarest occasions they could have made them the size of a Landspeeder if they wanted. Scale between Infantry and vehicles has always been abstract, why not for aircraft also. :)

The storm eagle maybe a tad small.

To figure out if there is a true size difference use the pilots size. We know that the pilot of the storm raven is firstborn size, but does thunderbolt Pilot seen the same size as the Valkyrie crew. If he does it might be slight creep.

Also look at the fluff for size differences:

The thunderbolt is built to be a flying tank piloted by a human. It needs to be robust, dependable, mass produced, and have multiple systems that the pilot does not need to interact with to keep it going. Bigger is better

The storm eagle while smaller and a transport for firstborn is created in far fewer numbers, and are built with marine pilots in mind. Since the marine pilot can interface with the storm eagle, smaller systems can be used allowing for smaller size but not removing its lethality.

And you suck.....so jealous that is one kit on my bucket list of 40k models I want.

The AI model is so true to the larger version.

I'm not sure if the Storm Eagle is too small or the Thunderbolt too large...

That is one thing I've noticed with the AI line they are surprisingly close to the original FW models, just plastic more detailed and better :lol:

Maybe one day we'll get plastic FW flyers :woot:

Haha I know the feeling War

Let's call this one a cheap practice one and I'm still longing to get my FW one :sweat:

Rather learn the hard way on this one then a more expensive one ;)

Edit

Meanwhile I've found my next hoodie :D

https://m.facebook.com/warhammermerchstore/photos/pcb.162999005316868/162998768650225/?type=3&source=48

Edited by duz_

Just finished a bunch of Scions and want something (hopefully) easy to paint next so this is up!

gallery_87434_12256_13008.jpg

I also finally paid for the premium version of Paint Rack so I can reference my paint schemes because I already had to search this thread as to what colour I've been highlighting my Primaris vehicles despite painting several already :facepalm:

I think they shoudl have lowered the marine crew memembers they done like that...loks so odd. But great Work so far duz

Thanks C&E, I don't think I've seen your Raptor yet though?

Question for the brains trust:

I have a Repulsor, R. Executioner and an Impulsor

Give the points cost of a Repulsor is there any reason for me to have a 2nd? Has anyone used 2?

Unless you competitively plan on using it to transport something that can't go in an Impulsor, then I would say no. On the other hand, competitively ... I will freely spend CP instead of Points to get any-non Phobos, Jump Pack unit in position

Well despite this being several hours of work doesn't seem like much

Done most the highlighting at this point (during work meetings :lol: )

Now starting to get onto the other details and then will go back for touch ups

I really like the new GK Steel paint

Blue hue is really nice

gallery_87434_12256_375357.jpg

Back in 3rd/4th the Rhino was one of my favorite vehicles, with the Dreads, Speeders, and the Predator. Ever since coming back to the game and finding a home in the Ravenspire .... I can't imagine using any of those anymore .... but dang you make that Impulsor look Boss Duz_

Well despite this being several hours of work doesn't seem like much

Done most the highlighting at this point (during work meetings :lol: )

Now starting to get onto the other details and then will go back for touch ups

I really like the new GK Steel paint

Blue hue is really nice

gallery_87434_12256_375357.jpg

Looks good Duz. And GK steel is heavenly. I use it as a dry brush on my GKs over the leadblecher base color.

Edited by war009

Thanks Dracos

I'm looking forward to using my landspeeder again in 9th

Not sure my LSS will ever be painted at this rate though :(

Cheers war and TWH its tedious as hell but less tedious than sitting though 4hrs of meetings mostly listening :lol:

Mine are usually small groups and I'm often talking but fortunately I've set a precedent for myself never to have it on :D

Well finished the Impulsor!

That sucker had way more detail than I expected. Definitely more effort than I anticipated when I picked it out but its done at least :D

gallery_87434_12256_179694.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_377213.jpg

I might go back and grab the few models I didn't fully complete for the last event I had and finish them food for completeness sake. Unfortunately that means a bucket load of edge highlighting... Hopefully it's not too many models :ermm: