Duz does RG

duz_

Snap indeed :cry:

I have found the same looking compressor in another brand for less than half the cost. That's my back up plan if I can replace this part.

I hope I can though seems a waste to throw out a whole compressor because of a small part which google fu says is a common failure point

Indeed I hope I can war009. Haven't heard back from them yet though <_<

VV done not happy with the pfist but it'll do... :ermm:

Joys of working with a 6yo paint scheme somewhat limited in trying new stuff you've learnt of you're trying to keep consistency

Like not painting pure white :facepalm:

gallery_87434_12256_219015.jpg

Next up Incursors!

The highlights you madlad :wub:

:lol: to be honest it's not as horrible as it might appear

Good brushes, right consistency thinned paint + wet palette to maintain that consistency makes life a lot easier.

To be honest if I didn't highlight the models they'd probably only take 30mins each :lol:

Good job on the models. The helmetless Marine looks ghastly, sure to make his enemies flee in terror upon sight of him- appropriate for Halloween.

How will you decorate their bases? May I suggest adding bloodstains to the helmetless Marine, and an enemy corpse to his base?

Whelp! Tournament is 2 weeks out but lists are due this weekend. I don't think I'll be changing it from this:

+ HQ +

Chaplain [6 PL, 110pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Jump Pack, Litany of Hate, Plasma pistol

Kayvaan Shrike [7 PL, 135pts]: Warlord

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]

5x Incursor

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle

5x Intercessor

Tactical Squad [10 PL, 200pts]

10x Space Marine w/ Grav cannon, Plasma gun

+ Elites +

2x Invictor Tactical Warsuit [8 PL, 160pts]: Incendium cannon

Vanguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 215pts]: Jump Pack

2x Dual Lightning Claw, 2x Power sword + Storm shield, 2x Bolt pistol, Power fist, Sergeant: Storm shield + Thunder hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 150pts]: Armorium Cherub

3x Lascannon, 1x Grav-cannon

Eliminator Squad [5 PL, 75pts]: Bolt sniper rifle

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Assault Plasma Incinerator

5x Hellblaster

+ Flyer +

Storm Eagle Gunship [19 PL, -1CP, 355pts]: Typhoon missile launcher ,Two twin lascannons

+ Dedicated Transport +

Drop Pod [4 PL, 70pts]: Storm bolter

The only decision I have left is warlord trait. Initially I though Shrike had to be my WL, but since it turns out he doesn't and anti overwatch abilities are seemingly pointless in 9th my Chaplain will be the WL.

I'm deciding between 3:

• Master of vigilance: hits of 6 in combat at MW + normal damage
  • Swift and deadly: allows core and characters to run and charge
  • Rites of war: characters and core get obsec

I'm leaning towards the last one

Master of ambush doesn't seem necessary for my list it's fairly mobile and has a lot of infiltration too. I can set up my heavy support last to make sure I can target their big hitters.

Thoughts?

Edited by duz_

Tough one. I'd probably go swift and deadly, to make your VGVs more mobile and give them a longer threat range. MOA is nice, but if terrain is good you can start most things on the board (except stuff in the drop pod of course) and should be OK. If you were going to take MOA, I would say consider dropping some tactical marines to take an Apothecary (plain variety) MOA and use it to max out the alpha strike potential of the hellblasters. 

I think a chief apothecary as warlord with MOA as 2nd warlord trait is awesome, but you need to lean into with things like a big blob of eradicators, hellblasters, BGV, assault terminators etc. You have more VGVs than hellblasters, so I think you will get more out of upgrading the chaplain to a MOS and having wise orator and swift and deadly, really max out the mobility and damage of the VGVs compared to maybe getting a nice alpha strike with some hell blasters. 

So, in short, I would consider:

1. Dropping shrike and replacing with a jump Lt, give him some protective armour and a chainsword or just the TOT (95 points) (re-roll 1s to wound is the same as 1s to hit) to save about 40 points. Maybe consider MOA on him (for hellblaster shenanigans), maybe not. If not, maybe consider Imperium's sword. Saved 40 points so far. He can then further buff the VGVs once done with the hellblasters. 

2. Upgrade the Chaplain to MOS (25 points) and take wise orator and swift and deadly.

3. Take 2 squads of 5 tactical marines, 1 with grav cannon and storm bolter and chain sword on sergeant (105 points) and the other with grav cannon and combi plasma and chain sword on the sergeant (110 points). 

Alternatively: 

1. Do 2 above and

2. Replace shrike with a slash captain (e.g. relic blade and shield/TOT) or smash Lt with jump pack and spend the remaining points (if any) one giving the tactical marine sergeant another shooting or better melee weapon. 

Edit to add: good luck at the tournament! :D

Edited by XeonDragon

Swift and Deadly then use Infiltrator start if you get first turn. Should give ability to get turn one charge if it’s a dawn of war type of deployment making MoA in needed possibly saving a CP.

Thx for the input

I submitted my list on Saturday so I didn't forget deadline is Monday night.

I opted for Rites of War and gave the chappy the Honour Vehement which gives them +1 attack (unless shock assault is active).

This means the 7 man unit plus Shrike and Chaplain can be a fairly self contained bomb moving around the table killing units and holding objectives.

With infiltration, Shrikes re roll and the chaplains canticle they should be pretty mobile.

I realised that I might only have 1 grav cannon marine left so I need to check that in the morning just in case I have to made an adjustment.

Up to 3 of 5 incursors now. This guys highlights were particularly tedious for some reason

gallery_87434_12256_157574.jpg

Thanks all! I haven't been ignoring you all, I was just waiting so I could post this!! They're finished :D

gallery_87434_12256_235302.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_397587.jpg

Stretch goal is to finish the highlighting on a warsuit which I rush finished for my last tournament Feb 2020... :huh.: and then hopefully rebase them too!

Thx JC, for some reason I've never done red eyes for my RG troopers, characters yes, but most models are either yellow for mini marines or blue for Primaris. I feel like it gives them a more sleek cool murderous look :sweat:

Dracos that certainly doesn't help! Although I realised it likely because I had the consistency of the paint wrong - not thin enough. The 4th and 5th were a breeze after I realised that.