Black Book - The Eastern Expansion Campaigns

simison

Then I misunderstood you. Thought that with the shepherds 4 points are left to fill up.

Sorry, nope, the Shepherds and Morning Stars are 4 points a piece, so they fill up the space fast.

Alright, there haven't been any more comments or suggestions. I think I can finale the roster:

Dune Serpents

Stygian Jackels

Void Eagles

Insurgos: Shepherds of Eden, the Morning Stars, Traitor Dune Serpents, & the Traitor Iron Bear clans

It also occurs to me that the Insurgos are the BotL-version of the canon Shattered Legions. Although some legions are devastated by the Day of Revelation, no one Loyalist legion is truly pushed to the edge of extinction like the Raven Guard and Salamanders were. 

I'll go ahead and update the Heresy30k thread, too.

Alright, there haven't been any more comments or suggestions. I think I can finale the roster:

Dune Serpents

Stygian Jackels

Void Eagles

Insurgos: Shepherds of Eden, the Morning Stars, Traitor Dune Serpents, & the Traitor Iron Bear clans

It also occurs to me that the Insurgos are the BotL-version of the canon Shattered Legions. Although some legions are devastated by the Day of Revelation, no one Loyalist legion is truly pushed to the edge of extinction like the Raven Guard and Salamanders were. 

We can always fix this^^

Dune Serpents

Stygian Jackels

Void Eagles

We can always fix this^^

Alrighty then, thank you for volunteering the Wardens of Light for this narrative opportunity. :)

Hah!!! So suddenly you remember their name^^

I thought more of the false wardens with the 3 rings^^

A warmaster without a legion could create great narratives unmatches by anything else.

Hey, hey, now, Alex is already going to die, so the Halcyon Wardens will have a period where they are a legion without Primarch. Perhaps the Wardens of Light would like to share the feeling?

Anyway, how are we handling the Insurgos? I'm going to take a look at Retribution and see how FW handled the Shattered Legions for an idea, but do we have them fill out the standard legion outline for the fluff chapter? Granted, it'll be much smaller. 

*goes to the video*

Well, that was creepy. San, you get Creepy points. 

Anyway, going over Retribution, the Blackshields and Shattered Legions both only get two pages, covering Command Hierarchy, Material Strength, & general info. I think we can fit both of the Iron Bear tribes into one part, while the Traitor Dune Serpents get their own two pages to cover them. Will two pages be enough to cover the Morning Stars and the Shepherds?

*goes to the video*

Anyway, going over Retribution, the Blackshields and Shattered Legions both only get two pages, covering Command Hierarchy, Material Strength, & general info. I think we can fit both of the Iron Bear tribes into one part, while the Traitor Dune Serpents get their own two pages to cover them. Will two pages be enough to cover the Morning Stars and the Shepherds?

I very much doubt it seeing as the Sheperds and Morning Stars entries are probably going to end up as essentially a mini legion entry

*goes to the video*

I very much doubt it seeing as the Sheperds and Morning Stars entries are probably going to end up as essentially a mini legion entry

Eh, at least for the Morning Stars, they'll get most of their character established in the "Origins" section of the Void Eagles fluff. Then it's only 90 years of disappointment regarding the rest of the Legion.

Alright, let's try to fit in the mini-legions in two pages. If they need more space, they'll get more space. 

Also, how are we handling the Blackshields? We didn't post the rules for units in our first book because we are obviously a supplement to the Heresy series, but that has been smoothed over with the Army List book. But, the Blackshields are still in a different book, so do we want to port them over, despite the fact that it'll mostly be a copy and paste job, or do we just say 'go to Retribution for lore and rules'?

Archived