Black Book - The Eastern Expansion Campaigns

simison

Should the Knights Errant come in during Book 3 or 4?

I'm not sure. Who's in charge of the Cognis?

Counting up the points so far, it looks like we can fit most of the Insurgos into two faction slots. So, do we want to simply put all of the Insurgos in this book and simply add a fifth faction slot? 

So, at most, the Insurgos are taking up to 19 points with each Faction slot equaling 12 points. So, yeah, we can fit them into two faction slots. Do we just knock them all out here in Book 2 or split them up?

I feel that the Insurgos should be spread through the books where they fit narratively. I know that creates ripples for book one.

I am strongly against this. Book 1 is full as it is. If we're going to spread the Insurgos, it should be in two books to cover each half. Furthermore, Book 1 should focus on the core of the Insurrectionists, as did Betrayal. It is not the book to introduce the Insurgos. 

No, Imperial Army forces will be focused here, ripphook. Nice profile pic. 

So, we have one vote to split the Insurgos and one vote to get them over with and done in this book. Any other votes?

Maybe I'm just too tired and I'm being dense. My point is that the Insurgos should be included at points where they have an impact on the larger plot. What the Ember Host gets into after Untara I/we don't know yet.

Fair point, but I'm worried about the Insurgos taking faction slots that would saturate the rulebooks with Astartes heavy focus, instead of encouraging more representatives of the other forces. Which is why I'd be okay with Insurgos featured in two books, but no more than that.

Alright, looks like the consensus is to split the Insurgos. We will do half here. So, which of the Insurgos should get the spotlight here?

Sounds like the Bloodlords and the Shepherds will be wiped out soon, so those two should get priority. That's 6 out of 12 points. Who else? I'd imagine the Traitor Dune Serpents would be the most thematic for this book.

From a purely mechanical point of view probaly those legions that have already been given rules in books 1 and 2 should be included. I know this is giving those legions two bite of the pie, but if the Insurgos are being based mostly off legion rules then it just makes it more difficult for people to use given that they wont have the base legion to build from.

Agreed. That would enable players to play these legions in two different ways, loyal and traitor nearly right from the start.

Bloodlords would herald the later Predators entry. :)

So, the Iron Bear traitor tribes and the Morning Stars. Combined with the above that comes to 18 points, 6 too many. 

EDIT: Minus the Bloodlords brings it back down to 16. 4 too many.

I suggest Book 2 and whichever one deals with the defection of the Predators and the founding of the Suzerainty.

The latter would be a good spot to feature the Warden of Light's Insurgos. 

If we remove the Shepherds since the Berserkers come in Book 4 to be nice to the mechanics, that brings the count down.

So, these are the Insurgos we will feature here:

Traitor Dune Serpents

Naagolshi & Wendiigo

The Morning Stars

Are we in agreement?

Err, no Shepherds anywhere? We are killing them off as a fighting force, so I can't complain too much.

From a purely mechanical point of view probaly those legions that have already been given rules in books 1 and 2 should be included. I know this is giving those legions two bite of the pie, but if the Insurgos are being based mostly off legion rules then it just makes it more difficult for people to use given that they wont have the base legion to build from.

What Grifft said. Regarding the Shepherds, we can either push back their destruction, just not give them rules, or come up with something else.

Ah, I see. For what it's worth, the Shepherds wouldn't base their tactics on the Berserkers.

That's a fair point...

The Morning Stars - 4 points

Naagolshi & Wendiigo, traitor IB - 2 points

Dune Serpent traitors largest warband - 2 points

That does add up to 8 out of 12 possible points.

Alright, let's throw in the Shepherds, if they really don't have any mechanical roots in the Berserkers.

I'll wait a couple of more hours to see if anyone else chimes in. After that point, I'll consider the roster finalized.

You mentioned that the Bloodlords would take 2 points. With 4 points remaining, they could be used as a filler.

And they could give a first impression of the Predator legion. ;)

I didn't quite understood the system, therefore I need to ask: RoW and seperately war leader would both cost 1 point, right?

A RoW and Warlord would take 2 points. 

Regardless, the Shepherds are worth 4 points, meaning we've maxed out the faction slot 12 out of 12. There's no room for the Bloodlords now.

Archived