What is in bottom right?  Looks vaguely like Castellans but I can't tell on my phone.

Yup got 3 original RT dreads for Contemptor-Cortis, i figured theyd dig out even the older mk1/2/3 designs from storage given the low supplies and high casualties of the Heresy :) 

What is in bottom right?  Looks vaguely like Castellans but I can't tell on my phone.

Yup got 3 original RT dreads for Contemptor-Cortis, i figured theyd dig out even the older mk1/2/3 designs from storage given the low supplies and high casualties of the Heresy :smile.:

That is a wonderful idea for using those oldies!

Quick question from a complete Blood Angels noob with a sudden burst of inspiration to paint his Space Hulk miniatures - and without access to the BA Codex: would it be alright to vow these dudes as seperate models? I'm already quite busy with CoC and the IF Expansion, but would love to paint a BA for some variety. :)

Thank you!

Also please forgive the Hair ties. Short on Rubberbands and had to McGuyver it. I'm really happy with the finished product. It was close to midnight when the pictures were taken so the lighting doesn't quite do it justice unfortunately. But I am proud to say I finished and can wear the badge of salvation!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Nice drop pod! Hazard stores look neat and we'll done.

@Augustus - the minimum size for a terminator squad is 5 tactical or 5 assault ones, but maybe you could do one or two as captains or other characters? Especially the terminators from space hulk are nice enough models with enough accoutrement to be independent characters.

I just need to paint eyes on 6 guys, and some ammo pouches I missed. Then I'm done with Raphen's squad, magnetized for regular backpacks as well. Again, sooooo much detail on the Death Company kit.

Edited instead of double posting:

Sealant should be done drying tomorrow, and I'll get some pictures of the finished models. Done!

Edited by Father Mapple

Primary vow complete.  I think that I'm going to base them for Sector Imperialis once I have some more models ready.  A little work still remains on the secondary vow.  But, barring getting hit by a truck, it should be done tomorrow.  Better pics of these 3 in my gallery.

Rage to Salvation 2016 Vow #1 - entry complete

These are the final vows for my Rage to Salvation 2016 pledge.

A few notes: I decided to keep all of the un-helmeted heads to keep this Raphen’s Unit very distinct from the other Death Company, so we know which squad is which. I built all these models with my first set of Death Company I bought for my Blood Angels when the new kit came out in 2009, but modeled them all on “Rule of Cool” and not playability. Now it looks like I have Sanguinus’s own prescience, as they more or less exactly make up Raphen’s squad.

My secondary vow of 1 death company marine with bolter is also included. He’s an old Black Reach marine that I needed to fill out the total number of bolter marines I wanted. Also, rubbish phone is rubbish at taking pictures.

30967196625_ec68c34aa9_c.jpg

30967231025_df53909829_c.jpg

I painted their eyes a pearlescent white for 2 reasons: 1) I’ve seen something similar on some 40k artwork to represent the psychic might of their rage being unleashed and their flashbacks to Sanguinius, and 2) it’s simple.

Thanks again to Jolemai for running the event and the fellow brethren who joined me in this pledged quest.

Now I have some Heresy marines to work on next, (HERE) and then I’ll be back to Blood Angels to finish up 5 thunder hammer storm shield terminators or 7 more Tactical Terminators to get within spitting distance of my Arch Angels list. 

First off folks, please accept my apologies for the lack of updates of late; only I've not been online for a few weeks due to RL reasons. I'll get up to spend as soon as I can but it's great to see people getting on with and completing their vows :happy.:

Secondly, From Rage to Salvation 2016 is due to end TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY, so those of you with outstanding vows best start applying the final touches to your miniature(s) if you want to avoid the CARCERES IRA.

Meanwhile, I've just gotten off the phone with Astorath and he's keeping his diary free for the 30th November...

We're also having a round of golf on Baal Secundus that afternoon (we missed the tee-off time last year due to a warp storm). It's a nice course but the bunker shots are insane.