[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

Really jonezing for the terminators and Jetbikes. Oh and the heavy dread. The fire support is what makes the army and they happen to be the coolest imo

I love all the dreads. That heavy one is amazing can't wait see what slot it goes in. Our heavy support will be rather crammed with him available there.

I Was super surprised that fw didn't even have doodles of the termies. Really want to see how they implement them!

Btw how would you all most equip your terminators? I was thinking two spammers one storm per 3.

Really jonezing for the terminators and Jetbikes. Oh and the heavy dread. The fire support is what makes the army and they happen to be the coolest imo

Yeah I hope the terminators are as cool as the old artwork. the jetbikes already have me excited.

For terminators I was thinking of 1-2 firepikes and retaining the bolters. You'll already have cheaper adrathic in more mobile areas, and you'll want the S10 AP1 close combat attacks happening every round possible. I think Custodes struggle a bit with mobs, and those tainted flesh hordes spring to mind.

Hence why you should keep those torrent flamers. It means too that they won't have to worry about needing to be right next to the enemy to use them.

I love all the dreads. That heavy one is amazing can't wait see what slot it goes in. Our heavy support will be rather crammed with him available there.

I Was super surprised that fw didn't even have doodles of the termies. Really want to see how they implement them!

Btw how would you all most equip your terminators? I was thinking two spammers one storm per 3.

All adrathic for me, plus fists. combine two of the most threatening weapons in the list on a durable dude and you have some high pressure in your opponent's backfield.

Yeah I hope the terminators are as cool as the old artwork. the jetbikes already have me excited.

For terminators I was thinking of 1-2 firepikes and retaining the bolters. You'll already have cheaper adrathic in more mobile areas, and you'll want the S10 AP1 close combat attacks happening every round possible. I think Custodes struggle a bit with mobs, and those tainted flesh hordes spring to mind.

Hence why you should keep those torrent flamers. It means too that they won't have to worry about needing to be right next to the enemy to use them.

Honestly going to only have the las on the jetbikes because of its higher strength, range, reliability and potential output. Not going to get pallases because you need a bunch per unit to make them effective and the monetary price is super high. Plus their guns just aren't that great compared to the twinlinked las pulser potential.

This is just a really long winded way of me saying I won't have a lot of mobile adrathic weapons and i'd like them on the termies because of that, to really threaten the back line of the opponent. That being said, if the incinerators are sick models , they might just be getting those.

I was thinking of a 3 man squad with Firepikes. They are already really good in combat against tough targets(4 attacks, 5 on the charge), so giving them a way to clear hordes (which Custodes will struggle with) seems like a good way to use them.

I totally missed the termies are base 4 attacks with the extra cc weapon. Hot damn.

All adrathic for me, plus fists. combine two of the most threatening weapons in the list on a durable dude and you have some high pressure in your opponent's backfield.

Honestly going to only have the las on the jetbikes because of its higher strength, range, reliability and potential output. Not going to get pallases because you need a bunch per unit to make them effective and the monetary price is super high. Plus their guns just aren't that great compared to the twinlinked las pulser potential.

This is just a really long winded way of me saying I won't have a lot of mobile adrathic weapons and i'd like them on the termies because of that, to really threaten the back line of the opponent. That being said, if the incinerators are sick models , they might just be getting those.

I was thinking of running all adrathic but i just feel the list already has so much AP1 as it is (I guess that's never a bad thing lol).

So when will we see a batrep with them on cover slaves? ;)

With regard to the jet bikes what is it they're actually armed with?

The picture on the Warhammer Community doesn't look like any sort of bolt weapon.

And what is armed with a Proteus Las Lance? I see it in the weapons list but not in any unit entries.

Cheers

Vogon

The bikes ability to shoot two units and then charge either unit is huge.  Even with the lance they should put down what ever they charge outside of 2+ armor.  Custodes have enough ranged ap 2 or better to deal with 2+ armor.  The bikes have 4 attacks on the charge.  A full unit will be dishing out 24 str 6 ap 3 attacks while charging.    If we assume a challenge from a marine sarg.  We should do almost 14 wounds ap3 wounds.  FNP would safe 4-5 on average so you still do 9 casualties.  A squad of 20 is down to half strength even with the apothecary.  They should lose combat by 6-7 (assuming a wound from sarg and maybe another wound from the marines).  That is after shooting at another target and splitting fire into your assault target.

Limiting factor.  A squad of 6 is going to be 575 pts and I am guessing around $300 (~35 pounds each) dollars...

I will take one squad of bikes with Adrathic weapons.  I see so many bots it isn't even funny.  I also play against a lot of 40k players and dealing with MC can be an issue but the Adrathic will cut right through them.  I am looking forward to shooting Adrathic at Thunderwolf Calvary...haha

Been testing with 1 HQ, 5 C-Custodian, 5 C-Guardian using the BoP models, and add a Coronus at about 1K pts. They seem to die really easily for their cost (played a few games vs Sallies, with at least one Firedrake squad). But maybe I'm not doing it right. Advice welcome.

Been testing with 1 HQ, 5 C-Custodian, 5 C-Guardian using the BoP models, and add a Coronus at about 1K pts. They seem to die really easily for their cost (played a few games vs Sallies, with at least one Firedrake squad). But maybe I'm not doing it right. Advice welcome.

Sorry what's dying easy? The tank the troops?

I would guess that if you didn't wipe the drakes on the charge you would lose out sooner than later.

1K is also a very unbalanced point costs for such an elite army. The amount of 1s you roll is what determines if you can survive. Having 12 models on the field that have no transports means it just takes your opponent focus firing down one unit at a time.

First thing I would do is go for 3 3 man squads and a captain.

5 man gets you no additional benefits and shrinks your foot print.

Custodes will struggle horribly at low points that aren't zone mortalis. Simply because you can't really bring firepower and the compulsory choices. Onot the other hand once you reach about 2k they rebound super hard because you can actually take things outside a shield captain and 2 custodes squads.

@Hellex / @ Purge - makes sense thanks!

I'm finding that their T5 2+ makes little difference vs Melta, Plasma, Las Cannon (from the Land Raider), Power Fist (on Terminators), Paragon Blade (on HQ), etc.

Its all about the 5++ (rerollable with PShield) but that isn't enough with only like 11 models. Especially against opposing Cat Terminators with 4++ and FnP from Apothecary.

I am planning a full squad of bikes with both the las-pulser and the adrathic.

Gross!

....I want 3x2 pallas squads lol

I've been wondering this

3 pallas or 3 jetbikes with corvaes? Only a difference of 5 points. One is three speeders with AV12+FS and machine spirit so they can always kite, jink, and shoot. The other has the dakka with power lances sprinkled on top but jinking hurts.

Gross!

I've been wondering this

3 pallas or 3 jetbikes with corvaes? Only a difference of 5 points. One is three speeders with AV12+FS and machine spirit so they can always kite, jink, and shoot. The other has the dakka with power lances sprinkled on top but jinking hurts.

I think both are viable. The pallas can't take damage from bolters though. And outflank is mighty! Comes to preference of esthetic like all good things 30k

Gross!

I've been wondering this

Personally I'm leaning to the Jetbikes just cause I like them and the fact they can't assault and shoot is really nice. Also t6 bikes with 2+ are really good especially with multi wound you just can't put them down.