Sheesh Mode Bat Rep: 3k Death Watch v. Tyranids

Sheesh Mode

Greetings all. I had my first 3k game using my Deathwatch marines in an old 3rd ed Battle Mission. It was a ton of fun. 

Here is a link to the game. 

The video is an hour and two minutes long, and is largely decided in the second turn, but it gives some incite towards how we operate in large point games. Personally, I found the game satisfying, and the banter amusing. I think you will as well.   

I actually saw that soon after it was uploaded. Im glad you had a fun time and a memorable outing with the Deathwatch. It looked like a really fun matchup.

I didn't know you followed Ego Queen, that's a pleasant surprise. 

The Battle Missions are a ton of fun to play, and I think they made this game so successful. 

-----

In regards to the game: Deathwatch are fully capable of answering everything Tyranids can throw at them, even the Hierophant. I simply didn't get the Heavy Thunder Hammers into contact with it. Otherwise, that bug would be squashed. I think the game would have been different if I had been more aggressive in my deployment

Just started watching and I noticed two things:

Who was your HQ for the CAD?

The first Furor kill team you introduced was illegal as it didn't have a frag cannon or a infernus heavy bolter in it.

The HQ was a Captain equipped with artificer armor, a xenophase blade, and a jumppack. I put him in Squad Galatael. 

I just noticed the Furor. Woops. 

Archived