The Return of Celestine

BitsHammer

I hope not. Then they will look tiny assuming they keep similar size to differentiate them from SM power armor.

With the t3 statline I would think they would be kept on the same bases they have now. All IG and Tau units with t3 are on the same bases at least. Makes sense to keep the "basic humanoid infantry" all on the same bases

The metal seraphim are quite unstable on their bases though, with bigger packs and more dynamic poses perched atop scrolls I can see plastic seraphim needing the 32mm base for practical reasons.

Power Armour should go on 32mm anyway.

I am annoyed at how small she is. I know that she is just a human in terms of body size, but I am running my Marines slightly bigger than GW scale (read: the occasional stormcast). It looks really silly when you have a massive wall of armoured ceramite and this pretty little wall flower floating close by. It just seems so... insignificant, especially when a living saint should be the center piece of the army.

Sometimes a lot of punch fits in a tiny package.

Ok, so you are saying that were they reposed to match an old model, they would be the same size? So no scale creep? If so, that is pleasing.

Edit: hmmm with the additional info I feel less certain. Trying to decide between Grishnak sisters now or waiting for plastic at an unknown point in the future.

No - for all intents and purposes they are the same 'size' as the metal models.  There are some small differences here in there - the main one being the huge jump pack the Geminae have compared to the Seraphim - but other than the far more dynamic poses they'll fit right in with the metal models.

She looks like a really stern school teacher Oo

In a way I find it funny, because it seems like GW have learnt how to sculpt female faces at long last, and subsequently forgot how to paint them!

I agree with others about that new artwork above: Celestine doesn't really look good.

Its ugly art, but at least its not "all women must be as genericly attractive as possible and no variety in facial features" Korean MMO art.

They look like they might be actual real humans in a unattractive art style rather than just 'make sure they're pretty' rubbish you usually get in war and role playing game books.

We don't need any more 'Inquisitor Barbie' characters; really.

Warhammer TV have posted a painting tutorial for Celestine which I have eagerly watched. It does seem that GW can't make up their minds if the front part of Sister's power armor should be painted the same color as the armor (as in the images of the metal models in C:IA for example) or as the color of the robes, as they did Celestine and the Geminae.

I does look like its tight cloth over armor, but I paint it to match the armor.

I think that the plastic Celestine has slightly longer legs than the metal version & her ablative armor the same. Greyfax and

Veridyan I've noticed are taller then a space marine (eg DW Cassius) and are about the same hight as a SM Terminator, but that's due to their ridiculous heels.

32mm & 40mm bases do suit these minis. However I don't believe I'll be doing a major rebasing program on the rest of my armies just at the moment.

Nice interview with Jes Goodwin and Steve Buddle about the triumvirate. Neither of them worked on Celestine, but they have plenty to say about the process. There was a slightly strange comment at the end about how Steve wanted to do Greyfax in sisters style because he is a sisters fan, but Jes slightly cut him off, and said 'there's a load of jokes about sisters doing everything themselves [unintelligible maybe 'right on the limit?']' and the video ends. Not sure if it was a reference to the lack of support for sisters in the past, or just the start of a NSFW joke? Or perhaps he thought Steve was about to mention something else he was working on?

Anyway worth watching.

Nice interview with Jes Goodwin and Steve Buddle about the triumvirate. Neither of them worked on Celestine, but they have plenty to say about the process.

Interesting that they say that these were the first Sisters sculpted in plastic so the sculptor "could have gone anyway he wanted to," but chose to do the classical power armour design. Unless this is a deliberate misdirection, we now know that any regular plastic Sisters will have been designed after these, which makes me (even) more skeptical about all the rumours talking about veils and whatnot. Probably everyone who reported that Sisters were already done and waiting in a warehouse were referencing having seen the Geminae.

Nice interview with Jes Goodwin and Steve Buddle about the triumvirate. Neither of them worked on Celestine, but they have plenty to say about the process.

Interesting that they say that these were the first Sisters sculpted in plastic so the sculptor "could have gone anyway he wanted to," but chose to do the classical power armour design. Unless this is a deliberate misdirection, we now know that any regular plastic Sisters will have been designed after these, which makes me (even) more skeptical about all the rumours talking about veils and whatnot. Probably everyone who reported that Sisters were already done and waiting in a warehouse were referencing having seen the Geminae.

The sprue pics on the website also say copyright 2017, presumably GW have switched to making that when they plan to release the models instead of the completion date of the mould, though the fast release schedule could mean they can't afford to hang on to designs for years on end.

Through the aid of a little bit bluetack I bring to you a rather fussy picture of the new and old celestine side by side for you guys to see the scale.

http://i.imgur.com/cKNNaAS.jpg

Now... just to break her down again into sub-assemblies to paint her up before final assembly.

let me know if you want to see the twins. I'm waiting on the primer drying at the moment.

Hasn't the "plastic sisters have been done and are sitting in a warehouse somewhere" rumor been a rumor since plastic sisters rumors have been a thing? tongue.png

Anyway, I am glad that they went with the classic look, I would have been kind of disappointed if the new models looked too out of place next to the old ones.

Right, so I'm getting two Gemini to go with my old St. Celestine, a new Inquisitor (that's cool), and Crawl for parts. Maybe make him a scenic statue if I even clip him from the sprue. Then I'll be seeing the new model across from me at every table I play vs Imperium X. And the rest of our troops are left to nothing, to die on a broken planet, with no updates (C:IA ain't an update!). No more St. C with jump gals and their flamers for purging - GL seraphim!

If ever we needed an Act of Faith miracle to salvage our sisters, now is truly the time!

We had two debates at the FLGS regarding Celestine.

1- She joined a unit of Vanguard Vets. Next turn, Saintly Blessing takes effect. Does she benefit from Heroic Zeal, Religious Fanaticism, or both? The last sentence in Saintly Blessings seems to indicate she would be effected by both.
2- Questions about how the wounds work. Scenario one is Celestine is out front. Is shot, wounded, fails an armor save. This wound is shrugged off to one of the Gemini. OR- Celestine is shot, wounded, Gemini takes the armor save, fails, takes a wound. 

1 "Saint Celestine can bestow a Saintly Blessing at the start of each of your turns." The very first sentence seems to indicate that she can only pop one blessing per turn so she wouldn't be gaining both at the same time. 

2 Celestine takes the save, and then the wound is resolved against the geminae's toughness for the purposes of instant death. If she gets hit by s6+ and fails her save a geminae gets insta splatted. 

#1. I feel like there actually needs to be a bit of clarification on this because, like Drider said, the rules say she can bestow a Saintly Blessing (implying singular) but I find myself a bit uncertain because this is far less emphatic than Belisarius Cawl's Canticles of the Omnissiah rules which explicitly state that you can only choose one per turn. There's perhaps a little bit of ambiguity there, although maybe I'm reading too much into that and it's actually clear as day that you can only use one.

#2. I went over this earlier today with a friend and came to the conclusion that wounds are passed over pre-saves, essentially like an automatic Look Out Sir. The reasoning behind this was that the Divine Guardians rule uses the phrase "wounds suffered," and if you look at a bunch of rules like Eternal Warrior, Feel No Pain, Instant Death etc they all refer specifically to "unsaved wounds." The only place where "wounds suffered" is used in the core rulebook is in a situation where the target unit has access to an armour save.

To be more specific: "Models do not get cover saves against any wounds suffered from close combat attacks..."

I don't think there's any ambiguity for the blessings.

I do however thing there is a certain amount of ambiguity concerning Divine Guardians that should be FAQed by GW. if you think about it though, does that mean that if you take a bunch of instant death wounds you have to roll save them 2 at a time until one geminae goes splat, then roll them one at a time until the second geminae goes splat. Rules aside that's going to slow down the pace of gameplay to an intolerably slow level. Which alone would lead me to believe that the intent is to pick up a bunch of dice and roll celestine's save and what ever goes though goes onto the geminae. if it's s6 or greater or instant death, then the first wound instantly splats one geminae, then the second wound instantly splats the other geminae and after that wounds start going on celestine.

What is more simple has no real bearing on how the rules work, but I suppose it might show the designer's intent. Anyway, I assumed it meant the Gemini takes the save. The wording that Brightstar provided makes me pretty confident about that, unless we see an FAQ.

Archived