The Return of Celestine

BitsHammer

I agree with others about that new artwork above: Celestine doesn't really look good.

As for my reaction after watching the video: "YEEAAHHH!!!!!" smile.png

Ave Imperator and Celestine!

Man that one ability sounds like an Orbital Strike, but I'll bet the rules are actually different, and that it will be a Holy Beam from the heavens in description. Glorious.

according to leaks/rumors mentioned in both this thread and in the main Fall of Cadia thread it is a one-use battle cannon shot

seeing her on the table in the hands of people who only care about rules makes me bitter.

Signed.

I know what I play doesn't have anything to do with what other people play, but when you're told for years that the only good things in your codex are X, and then when you start getting updates it goes hand in hand with non-Sisters players getting easier access to the best parts of your codex, it starts to make you wonder why even have codexes and separate factions at all? Why not just have one giant super Imperial codex of nothing but the best units from all factions and call it Codex: Best Possible Maths?

down.gif

At the very least make her an HQ in codex AS and then make her a one-model formation for other armies, so that she takes up a formation slot in competetive play for non-SoB players

What I find really confusing is that the description for the Gathering Storm book mentions an Imperial Crusade detachment for Templars and Sisters (it does so in the same breath as the Grand Convocation) but said detachment isn't mentioned at all on that page about the detachments and formations for the Imperial factions.

I feel like we would have seen her only in sisters-specific detachments if (1) there was such a thing, and (2) there were plastic sister kits to sell based on the formations. Instead we remain stuck in our catch-22 while GW moves Celestine mainstream by making her easily available to other others whose sales will be benefitted by the new formations. Or is that too pessimistic? Apart from Celestine I am starting to get the feeling I had in the lead-up to codex Imperial Agents when they started out by yelling "AND SISTERS" in big caps and by the time it was released it was more like "and sisters" whispered under their breath.

What I find really confusing is that the description for the Gathering Storm book mentions an Imperial Crusade detachment for Templars and Sisters (it does so in the same breath as the Grand Convocation) but said detachment isn't mentioned at all on that page about the detachments and formations for the Imperial factions.

That will be the Castellans of the Imperium Detachment with Templar, Sisters and Guard.

I feel like we would have seen her only in sisters-specific detachments if (1) there was such a thing, and (2) there were plastic sister kits to sell based on the formations. Instead we remain stuck in our catch-22 while GW moves Celestine mainstream by making her easily available to other others whose sales will be benefitted by the new formations. Or is that too pessimistic? Apart from Celestine I am starting to get the feeling I had in the lead-up to codex Imperial Agents when they started out by yelling "AND SISTERS" in big caps and by the time it was released it was more like "and sisters" whispered under their breath.

I'm getting the feeling sisters are only getting mentioned in the generic detachtment because one of the 3 named characters in the story is Celestine. I've seen the comments flying arround that people think its a shame that other armies will benefit from Celestine and that it seems like she will do more for other Imperial forces than the Sisters but that is looking like is is exactly what GW intend.

That will be the Castellans of the Imperium Detachment with Templar, Sisters and Guard.

While I would imagine that you're right, it seems odd that it's mentioned there by a completely different name and that the text implies that it's a Templars and Sisters detachment in the same manner as the Grand Convocation is an Cult Mech/Skitarii/Knights one:

the Grand Convocation and Imperial Crusade detachments – combine Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii and Mechanicus Knights in one army, and Black Templars and Adepta Sororitas in another;

Not sure I am interested in the Grand Crusade, but I might consider reviving my GK, who have been resting for fesr of being squatted, write fluff about a daemon-hating Saint and run her along with an Ordo Malleus army. It will be so holy, that the table they stand on will burn. I mean, why play optimized MSU power lists when you could just burn the table and opposing army :D

Not sure I am interested in the Grand Crusade, but I might consider reviving my GK, who have been resting for fesr of being squatted, write fluff about a daemon-hating Saint and run her along with an Ordo Malleus army. It will be so holy, that the table they stand on will burn. I mean, why play optimized MSU power lists when you could just burn the table and opposing army :D

*primes flamer*

Associating with witches? I think not!

Burn in shame! :P

*primes flamer*

Oh? So you want me to run her alongside an optimised Battle Company to get the most out of her bubble or in a Space Wolves + Dark Angels Death Star for tanking purposes? :P

*primes flamer*

Oh? So you want me to run her alongside an optimised Battle Company to get the most out of her bubble or in a Space Wolves + Dark Angels Death Star for tanking purposes? :P

Needs moar libcon.

*primes flamer*

Needs moar libcon.
I'll grumble, but I suppose it's ok as long as you keep the mutant wolves (Wulfen) out of it. And the fallen (which I totally don't know about) :P

Libraries Conclave gets the flamer :D

Will be interesting to see what Saintly Blessings are what, IWND for LOW and all that.

St Celestine isn't just for Adepta Sororitas anymore.....

Get used to it if you don't like it. Mine are painted and waiting to go already. At that price you can build double CAD C:IA Sisters detachments, Priest HQ's, four double flamer BSS squads in MMelta Immolators, plus bring five squads of Doms in Repressors, and a full squad of Seraphim to run shotgun for Celestine inside of 1850. Who needs a new Codex...

She's still a Sororitas character, realistically. I'm very comfortable with this because the better/more popular Celestine is, the more involved Sisters will be in future releases. PLUS, most people won't take her since it won't fit their army theme. We can automatically do it with near impunity! :P

In the new edition there'll just be a big Imperium faction anyway, like in AOS with Order.

Yeah, Celestine got some major buffs imo.  Sure she's 200pts now, but she is well worth the extra 65pts given that she gained +2 Wounds, Eternal Warrior, Armourbane, a S8 AP3 Orbital Barrage, two 2 Wound Bodyguards that auto-take wounds for her and can be resurrected from the dead AND her AoE buffs to nearby non-vehicle units.  That's a huge upgrade.  The *only* thing that she has against her now is a lack of AP2 weaponry.  Which is fair I guess, because if she did have AP2 then she would murder everything that's not T6+ lol. 

I love the fact that she still counts as AS faction. The reason is that even if power gamers include her, she will not benefit from Formation rules and she will most likely count as one of the 2-3 available sources in a tournament setting. However, others can still include her as a home-made Saint or another existing one in their lists. It will not stop all power gamers, as she gives us Relentless Devastators, AP2 melee relic, eternal warrior relic and a deep strike defense relic. Still, I guess I couldn't have asker for more given the circumstances :)

Also, given her two Gemini, she will be stupidly hard to challenge, let alone kill, allowing her to decimate most units in the game.

Archived