General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Two words brothers; Enviroment Suits. What kind of idiot decides to explore a newly-discovered world, even one with a breathable atmosphere, without protection from potentially hazardous substances like, oh I dunno, spores?

Those dumbasses deserved to be eaten.

Unless ya know you are a grandchild of the Emperor (beloved by all) gifted with His master work, your physiology hardened against all known biological threats. Then helmets are optional.

Two words brothers; Enviroment Suits. What kind of idiot decides to explore a newly-discovered world, even one with a breathable atmosphere, without protection from potentially hazardous substances like, oh I dunno, spores?

Those dumbasses deserved to be eaten.

Honest Trailers had the best line on this. "Are we sure they're colonists? Maybe this is just a plot to deport Earth's biggest morons."

Will do so asap!

Sangi: Did you write a summary for the Steel Legion I could use?

*edit*

When I'm done, could someone please read over the Preds entry? As this is something official, I don't want to screw it up.

Edited by Kelborn

Are we going with two Rites of War for each Legion?

Also, does anyone have a link for the WiP version of the pdf? Be handy for seeing which characters still need fluff.

That's the standard.

I think this is the latest version of Insurrection, not the Preview though: https://www.dropbox.com/s/66r4eub5wh12xrr/BotL%20Book%201-%20Insurrection%28Opt%29.pdf?dl=0

Thankee kindly.

Harbingers only have one - do we want to devise another? Also the Grave Stalkers' Ire of Mars might be revised to The Dark Gifts of Lasaris, with lots of standard Mars stuff forbidden but with bonuses for some weird and/or stealthy shizzle.

Edited by bluntblade

First draft:

Predators

Predators Legion symbol

Numeration: The XXth Legion
Primogenitor: Andezo Sambedi
Cognomen (Prior): Arcane Blades
Allegiance: (what would be the right, latin term? shall we say "loyal" for now or" loyalty unknown" ?)

Hailing from the world of Mardum, hidden deep within the Domain of Storms, did the Predators ascend to bring retribution to all of mankinds foes. Known as remarkable hunters, did the tribesmen of Andezo Sambedi follow their own path, which divided them from their brother Legions. Still, if there was a target to chase down, the Predators were called and they did not rest until their prey was annihilated. Regardless of being a ruler, a general or an entire civilization, in the end, all would be perished by surgical strikes deep within their own lines, while they sons of the blind Primarch did sprung the trap. By making use of fast and precisive overwhelming might, did the Predators earn their right as the Emperor's unofficial retribution. When the time came to stand against their own brothers, which were led by none other than Icarion, none could say how the Insurrection might turn out for the sons of Mardum: would they be the killing blow, ending this heresy or would they themselves become the targets of an unseen trap and face total extinction?

What do you think?

*edit*

Griff? We do have a galaxy map with Mardum included, right? Could you send me the latest version for our "Here to start" thread? :)

Edited by Kelborn

Good gravy, so much sneak posting. 

The Harbingers only have one because they're going to get they're second when they become corrupted. Several of the Legions will receive their second RoW to show how Chaos is affecting them.

How are the Predators the Emperor's unofficial retribution? What would their allegiance title be in Latin? I'm inclined toward the Dark Angel's designation, except they eventually cave toward Traitor instead of the staying (mostly) Loyal.

Also, reading through the Berserkers' thread, I had forgotten about their almost violent reaction against anything angel-like. Don't the Fire Keepers regularly use Jewish/Angelic names?

The Harbingers only have one because they're going to get they're second when they become corrupted. Several of the Legions will receive their second RoW to show how Chaos is affecting them.

How are the Predators the Emperor's unofficial retribution? What would their allegiance title be in Latin? I'm inclined toward the Dark Angel's designation, except they eventually cave toward Traitor instead of the staying (mostly) Loyal.

Also, reading through the Berserkers' thread, I had forgotten about their almost violent reaction against anything angel-like. Don't the Fire Keepers regularly use Jewish/Angelic names?

A lot of them are Hebrew names. The only remotely "angelic" name that comes to mind is maybe Mykaal.

Was just a thought about them hunting all down who would try to make advantage of the Great Crusade for their own means. When they were known as the Arcane Blades, they "crusaded" through the newly conquered Imperium, chasing down rising tyrants and opportunists, who tried to exploit their new ranks.

As they fought seperated from their brothers, I thought this would be not as officially known as for example the deeds of the Wardens of Light or the Iron Bears.

I don't know what their allegiance would be in Latin. Dark Angels and White Scars came into my mind when thinking about it, but both Latin loyalty descriptions are not known yet.

Sigi? Could you help?

Was just a thought about them hunting all down who would try to make advantage of the Great Crusade for their own means. When they were known as the Arcane Blades, they "crusaded" through the newly conquered Imperium, chasing down rising tyrants and opportunists, who tried to exploit their new ranks.

As they fought seperated from their brothers, I thought this would be not as officially known as for example the deeds of the Wardens of Light or the Iron Bears.

I don't know what their allegiance would be in Latin. Dark Angels and White Scars came into my mind when thinking about it, but both Latin loyalty descriptions are not known yet.

Sigi? Could you help?

I knew both Legions had one of the Red Spreadsheets shown at an Event, shortly before Leman Russ was announced for 30k...

Dark Angels have the Allegiance "Fidelitas Tenebrae"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L7aVvv9VLbU/VmMfvOEaaVI/AAAAAAAAIHY/WPpF56ahDmo/s1600/DA%2BHH1.jpg

White Scars have "Fidelitas Scindere"

http://img0.reactor.cc/pics/post/full/Warhammer-40000-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Horus-Heresy-Dark-Angels-2649104.jpeg

Thank you, Riku!

I assume that Fidelitas Scindere would fit the most or did another of our Legions already claim this?

Besides, the White Scars strategic tendencies quite fit the Predators as well...

I think this makes this sense. My concern was that this might have overlapped with a few other Legions. The Grave Stalkers share the same precision but are more focused on breaking the enemy's will, not his body. The Berserkers of Uran are the ultimate sanction but are brash and in your face. The Crimson Lions watch their brothers but have less time for lesser prey while managing their domain. 

So, I think there is a niche for the Predators to fill. 

Now for the more technical fixes:

"Still, if there was a target to chase down, the Predators were called and they did not rest until their prey was annihilated. Regardless [if their prey was] a ruler, a general or an entire civilization, in the end, all would be perished by [through the use of] surgical strikes deep within their own lines[,][.] [All culminating with a final ambush set by the sons of the Blind Primarch.] By making use of fast and [precise] overwhelming might, did the Predators earn their right as the Emperor's unofficial retribution. When the time came to stand against their own brothers, which were led by none other than Icarion, none could say how the Insurrection might turn out for the sons of Mardum: would they be the killing blow, ending this heresy[,] or would they themselves [fall into an] unseen trap and face total extinction?"

Not hugely keen on "unofficial retribution". Perhaps "the means by which the Emperor exacted retribution upon his enemies, no matter that they held no such role officially."

Maybe, "they took upon themselves the role as the Emperor's hunters" seeing as we have several contenders for the means by which the Emepror exacted retribution

Second draft:

Predators

sml_gallery_87379_12273_11849.png

Numeration: The XXth Legion
Primogenitor: Andezo Sambedi
Cognomen (Prior): Arcane Blades
Allegiance: Fidelitas Scindere

Hailing from the world of Mardum, hidden deep within the Domain of Storms, did the Predators ascend to bring retribution to all of mankinds foes. Known as remarkable hunters, did the tribesmen of Andezo Sambedi follow their own path, which divided them from their brother Legions. If there was a target to chase down, the Predators were called and did not rest until their prey was annihilated. Regardless if their prey was a ruler, a general or an entire civilization, in the end, all would perish through the use of surgical strikes deep within their own lines. All culminating with a final ambush seht by the sons of the Blind Primarch. By making use of fast and precise overwhelming might, did the Predators earn their right as the means by which the Emperor exacted retribution upon his enemies, no matter that they held no such role officially. When the time came to stand against their own brothers, which were led by none other than Icarion, none could say how the Insurrection might turn out for the sons of Mardum: would they be the killing blow, ending this heresy, or would they themselves fall into an unseen trap and face total extinction?

Perhaps we could give them another? Seeing as I figure the SoH will get one for their full-chaos guise, and their non-corrupted version has two. I'd be quite keen to unleash the Lightning Bearers en masse between 1 and 6, and we could introduce it there.

On a totally frivolous note, now that Star Wars IX is up for grabs again, who do people want to see directing? My list reads like a PG-friendly version of my HH movie wish list - George Miller, Kathryn Bigelow, Doug Liman, John Woo, Denis Villeneuve.