General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

So, Crucible-Omega will be retaken by the Loyalists, while, for the sake of simplicity, we can move Anvilus Nine and Retlaxi into Icarion's Dark Imperium. Last one, I'd need to double-check the map to confirm.

I was thinking, since our Warmaster doesn't fall to Chaos, that power check never comes into question; and the division of Legions only comes because of the Treaty; So does the Imperial Army ever split up into the Guard/Navy/Etcetera?

It doesn't really seem like it needs to, I mean in a vestigial way definitions could be made, but ultimately everything could still fall under the same overall command.

*Looks up from cup of water*

....huh. I'm inclined to think that happens, but I'm not so sure now. Kozja orchestrates the Treaty because he fears the Loyalist Legions out-pacing the Suzerainty Legions, but I'm not sure how he views the Imperial Army. This is especially interesting given that Kozja clearly believes that Astartes always trumps human so he might now view the Imperial Army as much of a threat. 

On a side note, it occurs to me that since Kozja implements rule through Primarch and then Astartes, the Suzerainty is essentially an empire ruled by long-lived eunuchs. Sounds vaguely Chinese to me.

With the Cleric talk I thought about Commissars and Iron Bears, because I can't imagine a son of Daer'dd watching soldiers get killed for discipline. Though that could just mean Tricendian regiments don't have Commissars.

I don't think in canon the split was so important and more so Astartes not being able to command Mortal elements, so the Astartes would have opposition if they rebelled again.

Once again I don't know if that'd ever be brought up especially since Kozja's arrogance in Astartes and the Warmaster being loyal might never be seen as an issue.

Given Daer'dd's authority, the Tricendian regiments might be able to get away without having Commissars.

It's my day off, so I'm indulging my inner mythology geek.

Zeus - Alexandros

Poseidon - Pionus

Hades - Kozja

Ares - Raktra

Mars - Hectarion

Apollo - Gwalchavad

Artemis - Azus

Dionysus - Morro

Hera - Icarion

Athena - Niklaas

Demeter - Koschei

Hephaestus - Daer'dd

Janus - Travier

Hecate - Andezo

Hypnos - Nomus

Hermes - Yucahu

Nemesis - K'awil

Nike - Jade General

...audience satisfaction not guaranteed.

*runs off to see Despicable Me 3*

Norse Edition!

Odin - Alexandros
Thor - Hectarion
Loki - Travier
Baldur- Daer'dd
Njord - Pionus
Freyr - Koschei
Tyr - Kozja
Heimdall - Niklaas
Hod - Andezo
Vidar - K'awil
Fenris- Raktra
Jorgumander - Morro
Hel - Azus
Freya- Icarion
Ullr- Yucahu
Forseti - Gwalchavad
Vali- Jade General
Mimir - Nomus

Edited by simison

Hod - a norse god, who was tricked by an evil entity (Loki) and killed one of his own brothers and fought against another one, "betraying" his family

Yeah, that fits. :)

I'm not quite sure about Hecate, could you elaborate this?

I rather had someone Prometheus in mind.

Like Prometheus Andezo was censured by his father / leader. Prometheus gave meat to mankind. Andezo killed off an entire population in order to erradicate a chaos cult (although this was not necessary, as it turned out).

Prometheus gave mankind fire and continued to ignore his censure. Andezo continued to research about how to destroy chaos itself and being obsessed with saving mankind.

Prometheus was encaged on the stone and was condemned to be tortured by all eternity. Andezo condemned himself and his sons by joining Icarion.

While Prometheus was released by Herakles and pardoned by Zeus. Andezo was confronted and caught and entombed by Adewale. If he might be pardoned as well, no one knows until our 8th edition comes up. ^^

Hecate is the goddess of magic. In other words, I simply went with the shaman angle, but you're right that Prometheus might have been the stronger pick. 

For the Greek Gods, isnt Mars just the roman version of Ares :tongue.:

Well Janus is Roman-only and I don't see you complaining about him!

My quick as-i-awoke glance only let me spot Mars :tongue.:

HA! ...yeah, so I cheated a little. To be fair, Mars and Ares are the only two that seem to have distinct personalities from each other to my knowledge. ...if there's any truth to Rick Riordan's work.

Hmmm, not sure, for One, Ares is hated by all other god while Mars, as you've said, isn't which differentiates how most Primarchs view Raktra and Hectarion. So keeping them separate but linked seems fine to me.