Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

Yeah, awhile back I had seen some sweet black and white artwork of noise marines and hearing rumors has me all kinds of twisted. I am really anxious to see what we get. I have my little wish list of some CQC-esque units like new Palatine Blades or Phoenix Guard and obviously new plastic everything among others.

As much as I want to work on my EC I'm content to wait it out a bit.

Really awesome sculpting as usual, the sorcerer is looking very promising, I like a lot the concept of him so far and with your skill I´m sure you´ll pull it off in an impressive way!

Thanks very much Traitor!

Lovely work on the Noise Marine :thumbsup:

Thanks WarriorFish!

Yeah, awhile back I had seen some sweet black and white artwork of noise marines and hearing rumors has me all kinds of twisted. I am really anxious to see what we get. I have my little wish list of some CQC-esque units like new Palatine Blades or Phoenix Guard and obviously new plastic everything among others.

As much as I want to work on my EC I'm content to wait it out a bit.

I am also happy waiting. I'm curious to see what the plastic Emperors Children/Noise Marines will look like, but I also hope they're not too far away from what I've come up with so far for my own army. I've noticed the whole 30k look is a really popular choice for Emperors Children just now, and it suits them well, but I've gone a totally different way so I’m a little apprehensive to see what will come next for the army from Games Workshop.

I've done a bit more work on my Daemon Prince. I decided it would be a lot easier to attach the wings to the upper body before it was attached to the lower body, so I went ahead and got that done. Still a long way to go, but here's how he's looking.

QGwLMK8.jpg

DAMN! That prince is looking wicked! The wings and the posturing of his upper body look off to a sweet start! Where is his chest plate from? That bit is working super well there!

I think there is a good mix of 30k purple and gold and 40k new hotness, such as yours, out there.  I just went the 30k purple and gold because I do like that look and I had been building my army for both systems, so it could easily flip flop and nobody could mistake them for some other legion. Looking back I sure could have added a lot more to my marines to at least show some Slaaneshi touches.

I'm a little more worried that what I have won't fit any new aesthetics if we get it. I am really hoping for some outlandish sonic weapons and swords, leather straps everywhere, and feminine/feline curves to armor (all just random hopes personally). But will have to see what to do when they actually show us some proof of new goodies.

DAMN! That prince is looking wicked! The wings and the posturing of his upper body look off to a sweet start! Where is his chest plate from? That bit is working super well there!

I think there is a good mix of 30k purple and gold and 40k new hotness, such as yours, out there.  I just went the 30k purple and gold because I do like that look and I had been building my army for both systems, so it could easily flip flop and nobody could mistake them for some other legion. Looking back I sure could have added a lot more to my marines to at least show some Slaaneshi touches.

I'm a little more worried that what I have won't fit any new aesthetics if we get it. I am really hoping for some outlandish sonic weapons and swords, leather straps everywhere, and feminine/feline curves to armor (all just random hopes personally). But will have to see what to do when they actually show us some proof of new goodies.

That's one thing I would definitely like to see as well. I think a new Noise Marine kit would be a perfect opportunity to release some female Chaos Space Marines. Although I would prefer them to be a bit more subtle than the whole corsets and leather boots look Games Workshop have gone with in the past.

The chest plate is for the Roboute Guilliman model. I've just removed all the Imperial iconography.

The wings are great, really give it some dynamism. I'm also curious as to the chest plate, but most when we can see more ;)

Thanks very much WarriorFish. The chest plate is from the Roboute Guilliman model. Funnily enough, originally he was the intended base for this conversion. But ideas change, and I couldn't ignore that fantastic Morathi model. Hopefully I'll have some more updates on the Daemon Prince soon. I was hoping to have it finished for a local tournament at the weekend, but I doubt it will be finished in time.

Nice use of the G-Man's armor!

And I do not know about full on female marines. The foundations would be burnt to the ground by raging fan masses haha.:teehee:

But I wouldn't mind some amenities that get a bit weird with it. Things that just scream Grim Darkness & bizarre and not Warhammer Adventure time.

*EDIT* Dammit, now I am just imagining Prince as a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince.

Edited by hushrong

Nice use of the G-Man's armor!

And I do not know about full on female marines. The foundations would be burnt to the ground by raging fan masses haha.:teehee:

But I wouldn't mind some amenities that get a bit weird with it. Things that just scream Grim Darkness & bizarre and not Warhammer Adventure time.

*EDIT* Dammit, now I am just imagining Prince as a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince.

I suppose it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense in regards to the whole gene seed background. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens when they do get their official release.

The artist formerly known as slannesh's icon:)

But seriously, that prince looks all sorts of nice, can't wait to see more!

Thanks very much. No update on the Prince, but I got back to work on the new Decimator. Here's the start of its legs.

UYOtkZB.jpg

Your sculpt work has me envious! I can barely fill gaps and make them smooth and your working on for that decorator and that terminator! Excited to see it get painted up!

Thanks very much Hushrong! Sculpting and converting is definitely my favourite part of the hobby. It makes things painstakingly slow, but the results are worth it!

Yep excellent sculpting which helps lend a heap of EC character to your models beyond the distinctive paintwork.

Thanks sockwithaticket! It's all those unique details that drew me to the Emperor's Children in the first place. I'm a bit of a rubbish gamer, my army has a pretty long history of losing, but it's all about the asthetics for me.

Awesome updates! That DP is looking very promising, great use of bits on him/her. What’s the head from? I can’t quite make it out on my phone

And your greenstuff work is top notch as always. Those terminators look elegant and lethal

Very promising work on the Terminator so far! And using Robbie G's breastplate on the Daemon Prince is indeed a touch of genius! :smile.:

Thanks very much KrautScientist! I should have the rest of the Terminator unit built soon, but it is looking less and less likely that I will complete my ETL vow in time.

Awesome updates! That DP is looking very promising, great use of bits on him/her. What’s the head from? I can’t quite make it out on my phone

And your greenstuff work is top notch as always. Those terminators look elegant and lethal

Thanks Greenz! The head on the Daemon Prince is from the Damien 1427 Inquisitor model.

After using remarkably little of the Roboute Guilliman model on the Daemon Prince, I found a use for a little bit more of him.

85WUTyf.jpg

Looking great! Greenstuff sculpting is spot on as usually and I'm happy to see the legs standing on the base. Are you keeping the dead CSM on that base? I also was hoping to see a ruined Guilliman smeared onto a base...but we will have to wait for that, huh? :)

Thanks Hushrong! I've taken off the dead Chaos Space Marine, but I've covered the space where it was with some rubble and stuff. I'll be saving Guilliman for something a bit more special :)

Good pose, works neatly on the base which is great goes to show what can be done with more space to play with and a bit of creativity :tu:

Thanks very much WarriorFish, I love playing around with bases, so having that extra space was a lot of fun. The Ironstrider is really tall and takes up almost none of the space on its base, so there's a lot of potential for making it a bit more scenic.

The legs look amazing, though I'm not sure how combining the much more detailed guilliman plastic rock with an actual rock will look...

I had the same though when I was messing around with base ideas. The plan is to merge them a bit with sand, then paint the Guilliman base with the same colour scheme as the sand, then pick out the larger pieces of rubble with the same colour scheme as the slate. Hopefully it'll go to plan!

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been pretty quiet for a while now. Sorry about that. Real life has been very much in the way recently. But I have got some stuff done! I got the Sorcerer built a little while ago, but never got around to posting up any pic's of him, so here they are now.

QJAXK0j.jpg

icnJKaX.jpg

Hh2CSr3.jpg

Unwu1po.jpg

He's a bit further along now, so I should have some painted pic's to show quite soon.

He was supposed to be a Terminator, but I'm not sure that comes across. I originally planned for him to have quite a bit more armour, but things changed as I was building him.

If you were battling me would you be happy for me to use him as a Terminator?

I judge models based on how screwed would I be mentally and physically if I fought that as a regular human. This is a 10/10 in both departments, his visage just screams "I am going violate your mind THEN mutilate your body, then I will wipe your memories to do it again!"