Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

Great to see the Daemon Prince making good progress, looking forward to seeing more. Same with the Termies, makes me want to paint more of mine (which is bad, as I need other units :lol: )!

Thanks very much WarriorFish. Whatever could you be talking about!? Everyone needs more Terminators!

Hopefully I'll have a bit more progress on the Daemon Prince soon :) The clock is ticking!

Damn man, that Daemon Prince is a work of art, one of the best I've seen for sure

Thanks ElDuderino! That's very high praise indeed!

That Prince is going to be magnificent when fully painted.

Thanks very much Pearson73, if all goes to plan (and it usually doesn't), the Daemon Prince should be done soon. Well, soon for me.

Terminator and the objectives looke great but seeing that Daemon Prince getting some paint has me wanting more! Cannot wait to see more progress!

Thanks Hushrong, you shouldn't be waiting too long for another update. I leave for the Dark Zones on the 27th, so there's not long left to get him finished. Although, I've not been very good at sticking to deadlines so far this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see the entire squad, with all the plasma opponents will probably disagree though :tongue.: The Prince shouldn't be too bad now you can focus on him?

Thanks WarriorFish! Your quite right, my opponents at the Dark Zones did not appreciate all the plasma my Terminators were packing!

As I said down at Warhammer World, was great to meet you and see your Emperors' Children in the flesh. I'll try and cook something up inspired by your guys at some point :smile.:

Thanks very much Dizzyeye. It was great meeting you in person, you’ve got one awesome army. It looks great and has a really cool back story. You should definitely get a log starts for them.

I managed to get the Daemon Prince painted up in time for the campaign weekend. The paint job was a little rushed so I need to go back and tide up the details, but here he is.

NCAgDIj.jpg

CbDd1DE.jpg

l8VHp6G.jpg

YbbZdir.jpg

And a really cool pic of him in action (not my own photo, but coudn't resist sharing it!

xdJKFCV.jpg

I've got loads of pic's from the weekend to show, I just need to get them uploaded and sift through the lot of them. Hopefully I'll get them up soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

The terminators look fantastic but hot damn! That Prince!!

That right there is perfection!!!

Thanks very much Hushrong, I'm really pleased with how the Prince turned out too.

Cheers Syn. I've got a few ideas I'm wanting to add to my company, its just a matter on getting time to get on my computer. There's a few projects I've got on the go both related and unrelated to 40k so saying I've been occupied is an understatement.

You've got me curious! I look forward to seeing what you've got planned for your army.

That's a seriously impressive conversion.

Thanks very much sockwithaticket!

I'm ready to shout masterpiece already, but give it some touch ups by all means:)

I don't have much new to say about the model, I feel like I've professed my adoration for it already, but it's utterly brilliant.

Indeed you have ElDuderino, and I really appreciate your comments. That's what keeps me going with these projects. Especially when they take longer than I expect them too. So many things have gone unfinished in the past, but having this log is keeping the motivation to finish what I've started.

It's been a while since my last post, but here's some of the pic's I took at the Dark Zones campaign weekend. There were way too many to go through, so this is just a few of my favourites.

0BDnPpl.jpg

AtgipX7.jpg

McsgzJ3.jpg

URzLvQx.jpg

cf9D5Yn.jpg

cUVykim.jpg

KhOTmOk.jpg

L7hxFiU.jpg

8cjrm5Z.jpg

NaWtLtb.jpg

I've also started up a Facebook page dedicated to all my various hobbying. Feel free to check it our and send me a friend request if you want to see what I'm up to with my Emperors Children, and all my other projects. Heres the link - https://www.facebook.com/eliots.hobbypage.3

Edited by SystemSyn

• 1 month later...

It's been a little while since I've posted, but I've been busy with Orks and Tyranids.

Here's what will soon be the newest member of my Emperors Children. He's based on the Lucius the Eternal model, but I've removed a lor of the details. I've added stretch marks and pins to the face on his chest so that it looks like a trophy more than a part of the armour. I also added a Slaanesh symbol to his left leg, and a sonic face to his right leg. Still a long way to go, but here's how he’s looking so far.

ZHZyjVu.jpg

Oh wow, Syn you’re army looks stunning on the table! Man I love that purple-pink!!! Such a crazy colour, I have a really hard time figuring out what it is!

The terminators are terrific, and that DP is just fantastic now that he/she/it is pretty much done.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with on the non-Lucius. That face on his shin is quite disturbing :tu:

Edited by Greenz

Oh wow, Syn you’re army looks stunning on the table! Man I love that purple-pink!!! Such a crazy colour, I have a really hard time figuring out what it is!

The terminators are terrific, and that DP is just fantastic now that he/she/it is pretty much done.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with on the non-Lucius. That face on his shin is quite disturbing :tu:

Thanks very much Greenz! I'm really happy with how the Terminators turned out, and to be honest I still haven't revisited the Daemon Prince. It was a really rushed paint job, so I should go back and tidy it up, maybe I will at some point.

The new guy is going to be a Noise Marine Champion, so that I have the option to run smaller units. Plus I had a cool idea for a conversion and wanted to give it a go.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like what you've done with the champion, the weapon is well made.

Thanks very much Pearson73! As soon as I saw that weapon in the Blackstone Fortress set, I knew I had to do something with it.

That champion looks great, nice use of parts for his weapon. It’s put together so well it will look one piece when painted.

Hot dayum though, your Daemon Prince is a thing of dark glory!! Massive kudos for him/it!!

Thanks Midnight Runner! I'm really pleased with how my Daemon Prince turned out. Morathi is such a great model, I really love everything about it. It's got such a great pose, and it works really well as a Slaanesh conversion.

The Champion looks even better with paint on, I've said it before, but I really like the vibrant contrast in your painting between the black and pink.

The Fiend/Spawn is a fantastic conversion, I initially thought it was a Herald or Prince, can we get a size comparison with a marine? I'm interested to see how tall it is.

Looking forward to seeing you tackle the Deredeo, it's not a model I like at all, but I'm sure you'll be converting heavily?

• 4 weeks later...

The Champion looks even better with paint on, I've said it before, but I really like the vibrant contrast in your painting between the black and pink.

The Fiend/Spawn is a fantastic conversion, I initially thought it was a Herald or Prince, can we get a size comparison with a marine? I'm interested to see how tall it is.

Looking forward to seeing you tackle the Deredeo, it's not a model I like at all, but I'm sure you'll be converting heavily?

Thanks very much Pearson73! Sorry, I totally forgot to get you a size comparison when I was taking pic's of the painted Spawn, but I'll get one uploaded for you next time. Your suspicions would be correct, the Deredeo will be getting it's fair share of converting.

Champ looks fantastic, his weapon is a great conversion :smile.: The Fiend to Spawn conversion is another brilliant idea one I may steal... but I need to get Fiends proper first :tongue.:

Thanks WarriorFich, steal away!

Excellent work on the Champion of Slaanesh.

Thanks very much!

The Spawn is painted, as is the Decimator I posted a while back. Here's the Spawn

F8mLiN4.jpg

tHCoQ9D.jpg

dQO1DCN.jpg

And the Decimator

s2BvZDf.jpg

FxZEmPI.jpg

dRycuAg.jpg

qM7BAgy.jpg

And with his brother

eUkjhgs.jpg