Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

I don't know if he looks like a terminator per se, however he looks bulky, tough and hellishly dangerous, so their rules represent him well, so I'd certainly be happy to count him as one.

As 40K Destiny says, he's a terrifying chap, the external brain especially was a nifty design choice.

Is that exposed brain? Holy that’s creepy and weird. I love it. The whole build is great.

I true think you could show the dark mechanicum a thing or two with that guy. I honestly don’t think playing him as a terminator would be a big problem. He’s big and easily identifiable as. Force not to be f’ed with.

As usual.... loving your work and looking forward to more:yes:

Thanks very much. Hopefully you won't be waiting long.

I judge models based on how screwed would I be mentally and physically if I fought that as a regular human. This is a 10/10 in both departments, his visage just screams "I am going violate your mind THEN mutilate your body, then I will wipe your memories to do it again!"

Well thanks very much 40k Destiny! That is quite the compliment. Also, a very nice way to judge models, especially Chaos ones!

I don't know if he looks like a terminator per se, however he looks bulky, tough and hellishly dangerous, so their rules represent him well, so I'd certainly be happy to count him as one.

As 40K Destiny says, he's a terrifying chap, the external brain especially was a nifty design choice.

Thanks Pearson73. He's not so much a Terminator, but the idea was that he wears custom armour and a lot of his body has been replaced with cybernetics. His upper arms are entirely mechanical, his real arms are lower down pair that are all skinny and flimsy looking. So my reasoning behind him being a Terminator is that all his custom gear is equivalent to it rules-wise.

Is that exposed brain? Holy that’s creepy and weird. I love it. The whole build is great.

I true think you could show the dark mechanicum a thing or two with that guy. I honestly don’t think playing him as a terminator would be a big problem. He’s big and easily identifiable as. Force not to be f’ed with.

Indeed it is an exposed brain. I've been playing around with the idea for him for a while now. I feel like Sorcerer's of any Slaaneshi warband would be pretty messed up. Having the ability to amplify sensations even past what regular Emperor's Children experience, that's got to have some pretty weird consequences. Edited by SystemSyn

The sorcerer looks amazing, while he might not look like in Terminator armour, the "dark Mechanicum" feel you've gone for should justify a 2+ 5++ save and an extra wound. Really love the character design, you don't usually see mechanical sorcerers, but it makes a lot of sense considering the dark mechanicus doesn't have the limitations of Mars forbidding them to meddle with psykers stuff.

The sorcerer looks fantastic, and if anything, the nonstandard armour design is something to be applauded! The facemask took some getting used to, but the entire head is so creepy and weird that it really works. There's something about the staff that seems really off to me -- it's a bit all over the place, design-wise, and it also strikes me as a bit too straight. I think something slightly curved would work better for a follower of Slaanesh, and there are just too many different nuts and bolts on there now. That's probably the one area of the model that I feel still needs more work.

In any case, fantastic job! :)

Well, I think you knocked it out of the park!

Thanks very much Hushrong!

That is just awesomely disturbing! I absolutely love the face you’ve Gs’ed on top. This guy is truly terrifying

Thanks Greenz! I am really pleased with how he turned out. I usually don't do much planning before a conversion, but with this guy I did put in a bit more thought than usual.

The sorcerer looks amazing, while he might not look like in Terminator armour, the "dark Mechanicum" feel you've gone for should justify a 2+ 5++ save and an extra wound. Really love the character design, you don't usually see mechanical sorcerers, but it makes a lot of sense considering the dark mechanicus doesn't have the limitations of Mars forbidding them to meddle with psykers stuff.

Thanks man, that was my thoughts exactly. He's not in Terminator armour, but what he's got is just as good!

I love that sorcerer. Cawl's torso is just so great for chaos conversions isn't it? I may be borrowing elements of this if I go ahead and expand my dark mechanicus past my hellwright. If that's alright with you.

Go right ahead! I love the Cawl model, it's just so crammed full of awesome parts. I'll definitely be using the other bits from the set on other conversions.

The sorcerer looks fantastic, and if anything, the nonstandard armour design is something to be applauded! The facemask took some getting used to, but the entire head is so creepy and weird that it really works. There's something about the staff that seems really off to me -- it's a bit all over the place, design-wise, and it also strikes me as a bit too straight. I think something slightly curved would work better for a follower of Slaanesh, and there are just too many different nuts and bolts on there now. That's probably the one area of the model that I feel still needs more work.

In any case, fantastic job! :)

Thanks very much KrautScientist! The facemask was a bit of a spontaneous decision, but it caps the brain pretty well, and I wanted to play around with a glow effect for the eyehole.

The idea behind the staff is that it's similar to himself, in that he's constantly upgrading it. I was tempted to have some small cables actually connecting it to install arm, bit that seemed a bit too messy.

That's one horrifying Sorcerer I'd never ever want to encounter anywhere; looks good though. :tu:

Thanks very much Chaplain Dosjetka!

The champion is sweet! Awesome conversion and sculpt work as usual. I thought the sword was a varanguard tzeentch bit and thought Morgathi’s sword was super similar. Then I saw the top down pic and daaaaaang.

Thanks very much! I was tempted to use a Tzeench Tzaangor sword, but I don't actually have any!

Looks awesome as usual! Is the head from the blood warriors kit?

I have no idea what kit the head is from. I actually got it from Biohazard, who has answered your question nicely!

Love the shoulder pad detail. This squad will be stunning on the table when you’re done.

TheTraitor, it looks like a Skullcrusher helmet I think.

Thanks very much Biohazard, and thanks for the info on the head!

Absolutely solid GSing as always Syn, that trim work is terrific. And that shoulder pad truly looks like it’s screaming! Angrily screaming. Very very angrily

Thanks Greenz! I'm quite happy with how the shoulder pad turned out in the end. I was worried the mouth might not blend into the skull very well, but they sit quite nicely together I think.

Really well done that, the Eldar spear is a nice touch.

Thanks very much! The spear is actually a Dark Elf blade on top of a Blood Warrior banner pole. Not how I planned the conversion, but I like the way it's turned out.

Oooh that is looking nifty!

I'm glad someone of your skill tackled this sort of conversion. Morathi was begging for it (literally) so hats off to you for doing this!! Amazing greenstuff work and awesome concept! Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks Lord Commander Eidolon! That was my thoughts exactly when I first saw the Morathi model, it just screams Slaanesh to me. The conversion took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it was well worth it. Hopefully the paint job won't take as long!

He looks brilliant, love the spear, nice touch with the chain as well, really fixes that section :tu:

Cheers Bio, the chain was really fiddly to get in place. It took a few attempts, but it's filled the gap pretty well.

Edited by SystemSyn

The terminator is brilliant, and he's the least impressive of these latest models! I love the sorcerer, such a creepy vibe to that model, omnious to say the least.

The prince however is absolutely stunning. I can't even begin to guess the bits, expept for the dark elf snake lady. Very well put together, looks like all parts were ment to go together actually. It looks like an official model, except that they always cover them with weird magical swirlies nowadays:D

That's seriously one of the best daemon princes I've ever seen. Seriously. You've turned the iconic new Morathi into something completely different while maintaining the slaaneshi vibe the model has and adding something to tie it with the Emperor's Children. Also substituting the columns with a dawneagle jetbike is a brilliant idea, and so well executed!!!