8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

ok, trusted the link(I have a thing about not following links into secure sites, that I don't, no offence) and same result, other wise the only other vid is one about what appears to be Nurgle slaves and SM drop pods falling in. No indication to which chapter. Thought it was that one but ain't.

Curious.

I know everyone is looking deeply at the intricacies of what all the possible outcomes are but I gotta say ... from a Noob point of view, I could not be more freakin excited. The changes they've spelled out in more detail so far all make sense to me, and it also seems like our BT will be better off - at least in a fairly broad, best use of chapter tactics kinda way.

I love this. Can't wait!

I share this sentiment. Things seem positive, and most of the official communication has centred around the concept of balanced armies and fun.

The main BandC News/Rumours thread on 8th edition seems a bit toxic with some people psyching themselves out to not enjoy the game no matter what format it finally takes.

Well it's easy for us to be optimistic. We had everything taken from us. So anything new gives us the potential of a resurgence. Honestly I'm kind of excited which is probably a mistake.

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Check out warhammer TV,

The trailer with shadowy marines uses the words zeal and faith................just saying

We'd love this to bits to be Templars, but most likely it's studio generic for "Adeptus Astartes hypnoindoctrination". It seems that Ultramarines will be the poster boys, as it were. But yes, if this "zeal and faith, blade and bolter" part is us... oh, boy. 

+ OH, BOY +

Before you jump to conclusions about the use of the word "Zeal" don't forget there is a video game called "Eternal Crusade" that were not even in. GW tends to forget our calling cards.

Or rather steal them from our portfolio and give them around to any muppet.

Before you jump to conclusions about the use of the word "Zeal" don't forget there is a video game called "Eternal Crusade" that were not even in. GW tends to forget our calling cards.

Or rather steal them from our portfolio and give them around to any muppet.

Or maybe they finally realised that we're the only chapter that can handle the Deathguard the way they deserve to be handled! Namely without

+PITY,  REMORSE OR FEAR+

Guys let's stay on topic, this isn't about what the Templars haven't gotten or have had taken.

Did anyone else notice that bolters got nerfed? No AP so guardsman and orks) and similar) just got their armor saves back

Guys let's stay on topic, this isn't about what the Templars haven't gotten or have had taken.

Did anyone else notice that bolters got nerfed? No AP so guardsman and orks) and similar) just got their armor saves back

On the limited information we have so far, this could very well be true. But then again forces with Chapter Tactics like the IF Bolter Drill could see a modifier for their bolters. 

Also we could see better mods for special ammunition, making Sword Brethren Sternguard squads more relevant to reflect their skill.

But let us not forget, most importantly - Bolters to Templars are trivial compared to what reflects upon our Chapter best, assault rules & movement. I think 8th will re-introduce new means in which to bring out forces effectively to the front line a variety of ways with maximum impact. 

This is fine as very few things will be negating all armor saves anymore and such weapons will be designed to kill things much bigger than marines. This also means our own armor will be useful when dealing with special weapon teams and the like.

Besides, power weapons will probably cut through most of their saves and with the changes to assault this could be a huge boon.

Despite the wording used, we know that the starter set is DG vs UM.

There are pictures of it.

I expect nothing, despite hoping for it.

I'm not sure what you mean, my starter will contain Templars.

Kastor asked about Black Templars.

Regardless of being my chosen faction, i see great potential on releasing a kit for us.

Check TS release:

Beast cultists, infantry sprue,terminators,3 heros on disks, Ahriman.

BT:

Neophytes box.

Initiate box

Sword Brethren Terminators

The IC trio.

Throw in Rogal Dorn as Cantus Maxim Gloria Dreadnought with a big ass Sword as center piece.

You don't even need the ??? It's just profit.

Is this a wish list or something real?

Looking in on what GW is putting out about 8th, I won't say I'm optimistic, but curious. We've been burned before, and even if this is the greatest thing ever, I'm not holding my breath.

That said, I can't stop thinking about CC being relevant in the game again. It almost feels like I could get back into the way I always used to play, as in run toward the enemy & charge in as soon as possible with the likelihood of actually getting there & surviving. We'll see overall, but a large part of my pessimism has been deflated. I'll have to give my Crusade SQDs their choppy bits back!

Well unless the shoulder pads come off, you will have a lot of work making that tac and um symbol disappear.

I won't buy the starter.

A dremel an a polishing bit, WZZT! WZZZZZT! Just like with a chainsword. Off they go!

So landraider redeemer may be a bit better with the new flamer rules, that would be cool.

Also yes the video isn't specifically us... but regardless of who it ends up being, I think any Templar worth their salt will still say it's us in the vid ;)

Shooting into and out of Assault... they mentioned something about not being able to do that anymore...

Does that mean I can't use Bolt Pistols now except to take pot shots at targets and to add an extra attack in melee?

If that's the case, Grimaldus has a pretty expensive glowing flail chained to his wrist...

Shooting into and out of Assault... they mentioned something about not being able to do that anymore...

Does that mean I can't use Bolt Pistols now except to take pot shots at targets and to add an extra attack in melee?

If that's the case, Grimaldus has a pretty expensive glowing flail chained to his wrist...

I believe they meant in comparison to Age of Sigmar where you can shoot into a combat that's occurring, shoot out of it while in the assault, and shoot at the unit you're locked in combat with. I'm sure firing into a unit and then charging them will remain. 

Oh ok... I've never really played Age of Sigmar, nor Shadow War: Armageddon, so I don't really know what the rules for those games that people seem to ask or answer about are...

tbh, I'd rather 40k stays 40k and not AoS 40k edition... 40k should be its own thing and not just a rehash of a previously established yet completely different game...

I think Templars are gonna be pretty strong edition. Land Raiders are gonna have dozens of wounds according to tweets by a certain person (forgot their name). It's gonna be awesome seeing my friends be able to field an army that's fluffy and competitive

I am unreservedly excited, giggling childishly and am hopping around impatiently waiting for news.

I think the whole save system will change, Bolters AP 0, means nothing until GW confirm that our targets don't get an armour save any more. (Clunk, click, boom, dead).

I will be buying the starter set, my neophyte can have the UM for his Nova Marine Force and some one else can have the Filthy Chaos scum. They are usually good value and bring more than just the models.

OO OO a song.

I see Orks of green, pointy eared Eldar too.

I see Nids scuttle and Tau, with skin, blue.

And I think to myself.....

....... what a wonderfull War.

I think BT are going love 8th.

Archived