8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

Anything on his Cenobytes? Hopefully they still convey some sort of buff

Toss grimaldus near a crusader blob and they'll go to town on anything that moves it seems

Sounds decent. Am I to assume that Helbrecht will buff EC to S8 against a character?

Edit: you should post a thread under rumors, let the community fear the Zeal and discuss

Helbrecht's +1 strength could be good incentive for using swords over axes. One thing to always keep in mind is that if this is anything like AoS it's all about buffs and synergies. In that ase we can't judge anything until we've seen how it operates alongside potential support units.

Same guy from 4chan

helbrecht is awesome, 6 wounds. 4 attacks (+d3 if he charges) gives black templars within 6" reroll to hit rolls for both shooting and cc (including himself) also all black templars within 6" of him get +1 strength. his sword is s +1 ap -3 dmg d3

grimaldus grants a 6" aura to black templars that let their to hit rolls of 6 give them a additional attack.

Apparently there are no stratagems or faction rules in the indices so no one is getting their chapter tactics in a while.

Dude you are a rock star.  

If you get a chance see if they can get crusader squads details like extra rules or anything neat.  

Lastly I was a crazy person and picked up assault centurions as I had high hopes they would be good in the new edition.  See if you can get details on them as siege drills no longer gain the +1 attack for being a paired weapon so I'm hoping they have something better an 1 attack now.  :( 

Has Helbrecht, the commander of the largest space marine fleet in the Imperium, finally figured out how to contact the bridge of the Eternal Crusader to request an orbital bombardment?

Also the largest chapter!

Has Helbrecht, the commander of the largest space marine fleet in the Imperium, finally figured out how to contact the bridge of the Eternal Crusader to request an orbital bombardment?

Helbrecht doesn't have an orbital bombardment because he IS the orbital bombardment!

Grimaldus, and I suppose chaplains, give Litanies of Hate to units within 6'' of Grimaldus which allows them to reroll to hit.

So with Grimaldus and Helbrecht your entire army is basically never missing in assault AND shooting while getting extra close combat attacks on 6s which could be very strong! Their bubbles are just 6'' but that seems to be standard across all armies and their buffs are awesome.

Im only dissappointed in the EC because it looks like he didnt get the Vows back, sucks but they might come in a warzone/campaign/codex.

Same guy from 4chan

helbrecht is awesome, 6 wounds. 4 attacks (+d3 if he charges) gives black templars within 6" reroll to hit rolls for both shooting and cc (including himself) also all black templars within 6" of him get +1 strength. his sword is s +1 ap -3 dmg d3

grimaldus grants a 6" aura to black templars that let their to hit rolls of 6 give them a additional attack.

Apparently there are no stratagems or faction rules in the indices so no one is getting their chapter tactics in a while.

Also according to the Astorath Entry, his Litanies of Hate are significantly better than the old Hatred as you get re-rolls every round. I think it's probably safe to say that all chaplains will have this  (since it was a common rule previously) which makes Helbrecht basically a chaplain + :lol:

Same guy from 4chan

Also according to the Astorath Entry, his Litanies of Hate are significantly better than the old Hatred as you get re-rolls every round. I think it's probably safe to say that all chaplains will have this (since it was a common rule previously) which makes Helbrecht basically a chaplain + :lol:

So they're wanting me to run only chaplains...

I can do this.

EC makes D3 wounds DMG? Per attack?

Oh my! I'm getting the hots.

And 5 attacks with +1 STR.

He is truly a beast this edition.

Helbrecth is a good Buffmander and infantry slayer.

Hopefully we get plastic HQ for the Primaris tho.

The Crusader Squad is still able to Las-Plas with 5 marines.

I suppose when you consider the Chapter had a rather forgettable and often uselfess Chapter Tactic then the switch to everyone being a bit generic does not actually hit that hard at all.

Chapter tactics may be out for the moment, but I'll play it anyway. I suspect that the Codex's will be out somewhere between a few months to the end of the year. This is just a ploy to get everybody used to the new core rules and format first before throwing the more complex rules (If you can call it that) at the gaming community. It will be a good learning curve for some of us older players.

Forgive me my brothers, but I'll be playing a Primaris black Templars for the foreseeable future.

That Redemptor made me break. But if it is the emperor's will...: I will obey

Will Helbrecht get access to Crusade of Wrath too?  It does say all "Black Templars" and he does have that in his tag.  But S6 to S5 is not much of a difference with the current to wound system but to the T3 models.  

What do you all think?

Grimaludus' servitors have a nice buff but are t3 with a 4+ save and no way to actually protect them sensibly and take up a slot in the over crowded elites slot. They are only 6pts for the unit however.

hmmm where are those rules at?

Wait, have you seen the rules for the frag assault launchers? They seem great for our zealous intents and purposes!

No what do they do?

RESPECT, GW, RESPECT.

Simple and to the point. We spit on the Codex and the teachings of Guilliman. Thousands of warriors. We don't need Primaris you bloody heretics. Fluff is on point. Stats look great. Keyword Chapter Master.....Orbital Bombardment??

A TRULY ZEALOUS DAY BROTHERS. CHOLER DOWN, HUMOURS ALIGNED.

Archived