8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

Frag Assault Launchers:

Roll D6 each time this model finishes within 1" from an enemy unit. On a 4+ this unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.

+ YES, PLEASE! +

Is that legit the rule?

If so holy throne that's awesome!

Can't wait to see Crusaders, Grim, and anything addition but yes Battle Brothers, it looks like the old skool builds are coming back for us. No more codex nonsense. Just point and chop.

I posted the fluff, Helbrecht and EC leak pages in the rumors forum but is there anything else floating about for me to update?

Frag Assault Launchers:

Roll D6 each time this model finishes within 1" from an enemy unit. On a 4+ this unit suffers D3 mortal wounds.

+ YES, PLEASE! +

Is that legit the rule?

If so holy throne that's awesome!

Yes, yes it is! 2 LRC seem like a good number to include in an army list, though four three would be even better. But you've got leave some place for our Brethren.

But there is no need for our army to be bound by the <Chapter> Keyword as it does bugger all, so we build an army using Adeptus Astartes as the binding faction keyword and everyone but the Libby can be a black templar.

Rules good, fluff ugh. We're perceived by other Chapters as "blinkered and dangerous", "distasteful", cultists of the God-Emperor, alienated from other Astartes. They keep harping on about our belief in the LITERAL God-Emperor.

We've basically turned into pre-Heresy Word Bearers now, funny that in-character Roboute doesn't seem to notice that. He was there, at Lorgar's shame.

The EC is W4 2+/4++, S5 A5 when in 1" of enemy Characters and rerolls failed hit rolls in Fight phase vs them. The Black Sword is then an S6(7) AP-3 D3 dmg (!!!) weapon, rerolling To Wound vs. Characters and Monsters. And hits everyone on 2+ in combat!

The EC is a BEAST now.

Did we lose LRC as dedicated transport?

There isn't a thing like dedicated transport now. If you're Battleforged you can buy a single transport for every unit. That's it.

Will Helbrecht get access to Crusade of Wrath too?  It does say all "Black Templars" and he does have that in his tag.  But S6 to S5 is not much of a difference with the current to wound system but to the T3 models.  

What do you all think?

Grimaludus' servitors have a nice buff but are t3 with a 4+ save and no way to actually protect them sensibly and take up a slot in the over crowded elites slot. They are only 6pts for the unit however.

hmmm where are those rules at?

Wait, have you seen the rules for the frag assault launchers? They seem great for our zealous intents and purposes!

No what do they do?

Helbrecht has a Str 6 Sword... that does D3+4 attacks on the charge... in addition to D3 fricking damage per attack... with AP-3... maybe there's more to the wound table than what is currently shown, so I'm still holding my breath... but that D3 damage for potential 7 swings... that's going to cause some damage...

I don't think there are dedicated transport rules anymore Sete... since multiple units can ride the same transport, I thin they might have gotten rid of it...

The EC is W4 2+/4++, S5 A5 when in 1" of enemy Characters and rerolls failed hit rolls in Fight phase vs them. The Black Sword is then an S6(7) AP-3 D3 dmg (!!!) weapon, rerolling To Wound vs. Characters and Monsters. And hits everyone on 2+ in combat!

The EC is a BEAST now.

There isn't a thing like dedicated transport now. If you're Battleforged you can buy a single transport for every unit. That's it.

Add Helbrecht and he becomes S8... so... 2+ to Wound on anything with a T4...

Well it seems I shall be ignoring the Primaris for Stumpy Marines.

For Proper Marines, you mean.

The EC is a BEAST now.

Add Helbrecht and he becomes S8... so... 2+ to Wound on anything with a T4...

2+ with reroll vs MCs and Characters!

+ OI, AHRIMAN, YA BLOODY GIT! COME O'ER 'ERE! +

Rules good, fluff ugh. We're perceived by other Chapters as "blinkered and dangerous", "distasteful", cultists of the God-Emperor, alienated from other Astartes. They keep harping on about our belief in the LITERAL God-Emperor.

We've basically turned into pre-Heresy Word Bearers now, funny that in-character Roboute doesn't seem to notice that. He was there, at Lorgar's shame.

Ysee, I actually like that stuff. I feel that it represents the fan base. "Oh god, somebody mentioned BT, somebody's going to show up and flip out in red capslock"

We're loud, we bitch and fight til we get what we deserve. We are our own unique chapter but nobody sees or cares. They don't think we deserve it yet we demand it. We're all little Internet characters sitting in our forum strategium, pseudo RPing, endlessly debating and shouting angry astropathic messages all over the Internet. It's just our personality and I for one embrace it.

The God Emperor bit I'll accept. I mean, we're Crusaders. Look at the real Crusades. Religious psychos charging forth and murdering half the world just because they think their God is better and told them to do so. Just kind of makes sense to me.

Ysee, I actually like that stuff. I feel that it represents the fan base. "Oh god, somebody mentioned BT, somebody's going to show up and flip out in red capslock"

We're loud, we bitch and fight til we get what we deserve. We are our own unique chapter but nobody sees or cares. They don't think we deserve it yet we demand it. We're all little Internet characters sitting in our forum strategium, pseudo RPing, endlessly debating and shouting angry astropathic messages all over the Internet. It's just our personality and I for one embrace it.

The God Emperor bit I'll accept. I mean, we're Crusaders. Look at the real Crusades. Religious psychos charging forth and murdering half the world just because they think their God is better and told them to do so. Just kind of makes sense to me.

I can live with all of this.

Who knows maybe girlyman will get pissy with us rolling with a half legion before primaris additions, and worshipping the emperor as a god. I wouldn't mind putting him back into stasis for another 10k years.

Who knows maybe girlyman will get pissy with us rolling with a half legion before primaris additions, and worshipping the emperor as a god. I wouldn't mind putting him back into stasis for another 10k years.

Whenever this comes up, we can be sure of one thing.

+ THERE WILL BE AN EMPEROR'S CHAMPION UP TO THE TASK +

I miss a bit of psyker hatred in that bit of fluff. Not only rogue and xenos psykers. All of them that are not members of the Inquisition and even those are kept a close eye on.

There is no exception to purity. Also the text lacks a hint at the fraternity, the ad hoc battle companies and squads. You only get so much into one page i guess...

Archived