8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

If that is their angle. If RG realy thinks, feels and speaks this way... then I'm down for whatever comes...

If the shining ray of hope is a depressed mess who trudges thru his own despair with as much of a monumental effort as he must bring to plow thru an endless tide of heretics and xenos. Then I am down!

I'm actually with one foot out.

I ain't liking this one bit.

It reeks of ward shenanigans.

Also there is a custodes on the left side.

It's like the crowning of a false emperor...

(And with Xenos involved)

On a side note, and i think someone already pointed it out, this means that Almarich purposefully sent a black sword knowing it would be lost. Seems like a gamble considering they are limited in number.

*shakes Crozius*

Back in my day, the Black Sword (and the Armor of Faith) was the best weapon (and armor) in the Crusade - not a special limited number of relics.

And until a Codex: Black Templars says otherwise... msn-wink.gif

The rear guard action actually takes place a few hours before the imperials make contact with the eldars. But that boils down to the same thing.

On a side note, and i think someone already pointed it out, this means that Almarich purposefully sent a black sword knowing it would be lost. Seems like a gamble considering they are limited in number.

There was no mention of that crusade having an Emperor's Champion. Their black sword would probably be on a strike cruiser somewhere, since there is no mention of their ship that I recall.

I haven't read GS1 yet, but the forum summary had the Emperor's champion leading the rearguard of the forces moving to the warpgate.

They weren't moving to the Warp gate just yet... the rear guard was defending against Abaddon's forces even though it was folly, when Cawl and the Templars were trying to get away with the Relic, but apparently it was all a trap set up by the Eldar, because when the Chaos forces clashed with the Knights of Dorn, they got surrounded by the Eldar forces which now outflanked them... the Chaos forces retreated and the relic safely escaped through the warp...

No mention of a dying or dead Emperor's Champion... but the Templars also won that, so even if the EC died, then they would've recovered the Sword no problem...

The EC stayed behind with half of Amalrich's crusade at a mountain pass to delay Abby's armored column.  This was some time before the Eldar ambush, they are described as "knowing their next battle would be their last," and, since Abby did catch the remaining survivors in time to be ambushed, it's safe to say that the black sword is probably lost.

That's not a Custode... last I checked, Custodes do not have psychic hoods... if I'm not mistaken that's Tigurius, the Librarian...

Here, bigger Image:

http://i.imgur.com/7g6eJbd.jpg

edit: also, you see the crowning of a False Emperor... I see the reawakening of a 10k yr old Dreadnought... like a really old Great Crusade era holy Dreadnought... I mean you got representatives of the Ecclesiarchy, a Martian Tech-Priest, members of the Chapter and an Inquisitor trying to read the reawakening manual :p no one's kneeling or anything, and there's even an Eldar harlot for the Dreadnought to 'cuddle' after he wakes up :D

Looks more like the restoration of Macragge's ruler to me.

I agree, it makes sense.

You got Cawl, the inquisitor, the saint, Cypher, the Xenos, Guilliman and the Grey Knight? His armour looks gold because of the light from the Iron Halo.

This is the wakening of Gulliman in his "do not remove, ever" armour.

So read the spoilers,

and I must say, if you want Amalrich to take a knee to Calgar and then Guilliman destroying a black blade by shooting it and another Emperor Champion dying off screen you are going to love this.

I'll pass.

It reeks of Matt Ward.

To quote Sete:

So Amalrich is the only BT surging the Siege of Hera, and becomes the Emperor Champion,

On the road to Terra while fighting Khorne daemons they are infected by the rage and charge them and Amalrich duels skarbrand, the scene shifts go Guilliman who is trying to keep the force together when skarbrand jumps at him with the Black Sword on his chest, which after a brief duel Guilliman shoots, destroying the sword and the fragments injure skarbrand. I stopped reading there.

I'm torn. Part of me is glad that we've been given some supplement love, as it is way more than a lot of other chapters get, even some founding chapters. That being said, I can't help but feel that our role in the narrative is a massive waste.

I can stomach Amalrich bowing to Guilliman, becoming Emperor's Champion, etc, but why in the hell would you do all that just to have him die "off screen?" It is just lazy/rushed writing to me. Furthermore, the idea of Guilliman shooting a sword that was lodged in a demon's chest might be the stupidest 40k death I've ever heard. I'm all for over the top, grimdark action, but that sounds like something thought up by a 12 year old.

Totally misread that part. Sweet Sigismund! The Ultramarines Mary Sue level legitimately makes me want to vomit. As any amateurish writer knows, heroes are made interesting by their flaws and limitations. What are the Ultramarines'? They're too honorable? They are just so darn vanilla! 

The EC is the Slayer of Champions.

When was the last time one actually killed something?

right? Every book I've read has him dying before he does anything special. the Neophyte EC from that short story was a cool concept, but again he fails before doing anything of significance.

Let's put our cats in the bag:

So far this year we know of 2.

Unnamed cadia emperor champion: died off screen 0 kills.

Emperor Champion Amalrich: died off screen 0 kills (so far let's wait for the full book)

And then we still have Abbadon vs Sigismund.

Uff 3 champions gone already! Worf would be proud.

Archived