8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

• I'm inclined to agree with the ideas posted above that this isn't the last time we'll see the Templars in the fluff. I know this is an overly optimistic take, but I'm hoping they wanted to involve us in this supplement to stoke interest before they change theaters of war and return to Ghazghkull's giant WAAGH (There is literally an astral missive tease about him in the book). It seems natural that they pull in all the major conflicts occurring around the Imperium, and there is no other chapter more suited to a throwdown with orks than us. Considering our sprues sold like hot cakes, hopefully that has communicated the idea they are worth investing time and effort in as a Chapter.
    • What other second founding chapter has got ANY supplement love besides us? Hell, we've even come out better than the Imperial fists, Salamanders, etc. 

Yep, i said previously that we might get the same treatment than Battle Sisters with one or two special characters.

I can imagine very well a triumvirate set in Armageddon. 

Although the new boxed game release is going back to Armageddon, the way the story line is moving forward, I - along with many of you - do expect more fluff. 

After the next few months shake down and we get closer to the end of the year big releases, we can expect that the story of the Templar pursuit of Ghazghkull into another field of battle. There are two options that are very conceivable:

- Planetary action on the scale, or bigger than Armageddon. This would include a triumvirate (if that continues to be GW's primary introduction of new or updated "named" characters). However, as there have been almost no updates to HQ sculpts for any of the named chapter masters and our beloved High Marshal, with Calgar being the one exception (right?) - I don't suspect we'll see an updated Helbrecht or Grimaldus. The EC has two sculpts, so IMHO that lowers the chance of a third. I leave it to the forum for brainstorming, but if we did get a new sculpt it might be something along the lines of the Canoness that the SoB got, an old school revamp a character from the 3nd edition cover or something similar, as others here have said.

OR

- Space battle & boarding actions. Like a new Space Hulk but starring Templars vs. Orcs. Could be interesting as the Space Hulk game has become a little old hat. How many re-issues has that had, three?

Now that RG is back and shifting Mars into high gear to crack out new marines, vehicles and weapons - I think it'll be something along the lines of RG saying, "Yes, I approve all this new stuff - start giving it to the other Chapters", and even if there is a new Space Marine 2.0 on the horizon, I believe Templars will welcome the new generation with a hearty, "You like hunting witches, right? Awesome, glad to have you aboard." 

Mid 2018, new BT fluff and stuff after the dust settles on GS later this year. Just a feeling. 

Although the new boxed game release is going back to Armageddon, the way the story line is moving forward, I - along with many of you - do expect more fluff. 

After the next few months shake down and we get closer to the end of the year big releases, we can expect that the story of the Templar pursuit of Ghazghkull into another field of battle. There are two options that are very conceivable:

- Planetary action on the scale, or bigger than Armageddon. This would include a triumvirate (if that continues to be GW's primary introduction of new or updated "named" characters). However, as there have been almost no updates to HQ sculpts for any of the named chapter masters and our beloved High Marshal, with Calgar being the one exception (right?) - I don't suspect we'll see an updated Helbrecht or Grimaldus. The EC has two sculpts, so IMHO that lowers the chance of a third. I leave it to the forum for brainstorming, but if we did get a new sculpt it might be something along the lines of the Canoness that the SoB got, an old school revamp a character from the 3nd edition cover or something similar, as others here have said.

OR

- Space battle & boarding actions. Like a new Space Hulk but starring Templars vs. Orcs. Could be interesting as the Space Hulk game has become a little old hat. How many re-issues has that had, three?

Now that RG is back and shifting Mars into high gear to crack out new marines, vehicles and weapons - I think it'll be something along the lines of RG saying, "Yes, I approve all this new stuff - start giving it to the other Chapters", and even if there is a new Space Marine 2.0 on the horizon, I believe Templars will welcome the new generation with a hearty, "You like hunting witches, right? Awesome, glad to have you aboard." 

Mid 2018, new BT fluff and stuff after the dust settles on GS later this year. Just a feeling. 

The only thing is, Emperors Champion is NOT a specific character. We could VERY well see a named Emperors Champion get a model, alas I will agree on probably not seeing a new sculpt for Grimmy or Helbrecht. But then again, Celestine got a new sculpt...so lets not count anything out. If they were to Triumvirate a Templar crusade. You'd PROBABLY get a named Marshal, named EC, and a named Chaplain . 

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/03/15/armageddon-officially-the-best-place-to-die/

Maybe they will drop something in an update for the Thrid war for Armageddon? We got a mention in the regimental standard and the way it's written makes it sound like they may be building up to something there?

All wishlisting aside I am genuinely surprised to see "Black Templar" come up on the community site so often. We were in 2 of the 3 gathering storm books then immediately mentioned in the article about Armageddon as well.

Since when are we a chapter that has canon lore behind it? I am fairly certain if you look up "black Templar" on lexicanum the definition is:

Black Templar: A chapter that has more redacted fluff than it has actual current fluff.

I am enjoying the attention.

Quick Question Brothers, as I have been told, Amalrich disappeared, ' it was the only remaining sign of the Emperors Champion'.

Have the Harlequins/Eldaarii whisked Amalrich away to do something else? They have been pulling the strings from the start. 

I've been around long enough to know that Hope + GW = Disappointment.

I agree with Sete, don't expect anything spectacular. 

I think of them rather like an abusive spouse, every time they say they aren't going to beat us, that things will be different this time, they come home drunk and give us a black eye and beat us.

Amalrich surviving is a stretch, but the ending was left rather vague. Sure, characters like Creed died off camera, but I feel like it was not nearly as cryptic as Amalrich's supposed death. Him being saved by Harlequin and revealing himself later would be awesome. Perhaps he'll return with a new EC sculpt as well? :P

I have a very hard time imagining GW focusing on Armageddon without even mentioning us, and the Regimental Standard has definitely reaffirmed that. While I don't disagree, Sete, that Guilliman will inevitably show up and Mary Sue all over the place, I don't think that means Helbrecht won't get a mention. Considering he is literally chasing Ghaz around with Yarrick, it stands to reason he gets some screen time. 

To be honest, it makes sense that we are a chapter present in the meta narrative, as our "crusading" nature allows us to be in a bunch of different places at once. 

I've been around long enough to know that Hope + GW = Disappointment.

I agree with Sete, don't expect anything spectacular.

I think of them rather like an abusive spouse, every time they say they aren't going to beat us, that things will be different this time, they come home drunk and give us a black eye and crush us.

A very strange, kinda disturbing, yet accurate portrayal of things

One thing I am really hoping for in the future would be a BT character sprue, on which could be assembled a certain way to make a new triumvirate character but which has plenty of BT options that you could make any character that you would want to. I know it is a long stretch but I think people would buy it!

Would love an armageddon triumvirate too!

Which characters/factions would you expect in it? Perhaps a new Yarrik model + a new Salamander character?

Oops. You're right! I was thinking of his banner man... Sgt. Whats-his-face. 

Ultimately, I'm optimistic but have low expectations. At this point last year, none of us had any expectation of playing a major role in a supplemental release, and now we have two formations, a named character in the fluff, and a good shot at featuring in the Armageddon storyline. I'm enjoying our time in the limelight (overshadowed by Mary Sues though we may be) and am going to try and take it for what it is instead of wishing for it to be more. 

my $.02 I thought the regimental standard article was only there to support the necromunda reboot. I didn't see anything more coming out of it.

Color Seargent Kell died on camera, creed is currently in some tall grass somewhere beating up other pokemon to get his levels back. When creed comes back it should be revealed he was actually alpharius/lost primarch all along, all this was "just as planned" and then have him outflank cadia back into realspace.

I would love to get more lore/figures, but right now I am content with my castellans detachment.

Triumvirate of the Eternal Crusade:

High Marshal Helbrech

Reclusiarch Grimaldus + 3 relic servitors

Emperor's Champion Amalrich

Booyah.

I would buy two of these for no other reason then because I could. Also I'm really hoping we see a plastic EC because I've got a bloodthirster head that needs to decorate a base and I refuse to buy a finecast one.

my $.02 I thought the regimental standard article was only there to support the necromunda reboot. I didn't see anything more coming out of it.

It probably is but it tells us that GW has put Armageddon as an "unresolved" conflict ready to be developed into something new in the future, I would not be surprised if the next campaign starts with the end of the 3rd war and follows the Orks/BT/Yarrick chase the same way the first Gathering Storm book began with how the 13th Black Crusade had ended in old lore. Specially because Orks are rumored to get something in the future and a Codex:Armageddon 2.0 is the perfect excuse to do something for Orks, Black Templars, Imperial Guard and after the Templars get caught on Tyranids do something for them as well.

If this does happen then the triumvirate has to be Grimaldus+Helbrecht+Yarrick with Grimaldus and his Servitors being the large model, could even come in an oval base!.

G+H+Y triumvirate would be a disappointment for me personally since all three have nice models already as it is. Although on the upside then I wouldn't need to buy said triumvirate since I already have all three (yet never even fielded G&H :P).

Then again I'm not averse to saying that not every darn campaign book needs to come with a "triumvirate", it's not like we need an endless amount of HQs (which I already sadly have).

My two biggest questions are...will Grim finally be able to attach to a Crusader Squad with Cenos in tow, and will Helbrecht get an Orbital Bombardment? Yknow....commanding the void war at Armaggedon and all that...

Archived