So...

I was working on a conversion project to build "The Tormentor" because in HH1 it didn't count towards the LOW 25% points limit.  Now it's much more expensive in points and it is counted against LOW+Primarch limit... so it is now basically restricted to Apocalypse sized games.

So I'll finish it as an Octoblade for my IW with much less urgency...  

I will eventually make the Tormentor.   But It seams it will be a bit more involved since it's now a shadowsword with a turret instead of a central axis gunmount.  

Anybody have any ideas?

• 1 year later...

Finally had time to work on hobby.  started these an embarrassingly long time ago.  for Horus Heresy Era: Iron Warriors Dominator Cohort Terminators. (for 40k, just Chaos Terminators with whatever.  i guess accursed weapons or powerfists, and the MM can be a Heavy flamer)

Conversion materials:

Tortuga Bay's Primarisized Cataphractii bodies and shoulder plates (I trimmed the shoulder plates down because frankly they were WAY too big).

Model railroad scale chain from "Builders-in-Scale"  http://www.builders-in-scale.com/bis/parts-chain.html 

Combi-Bolters and right arms +1 right arm from Tartaros Terminator kit

Remaining leftaArms and all Thunderhammers are from Assault Intercessor kit

multimelta + it's hoses + backpack from Eradicators + the arm and part of the weapon is from the Tartaros Heavy Flamer arm

Heads are from the Forgeworld Iron Warriors set.

Guitar strings for power cables to thunderhammers.

Still some things i will likely do to them eventually but this is where I am stopping at for now.

Group shots

Spoiler

large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(01large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(08

Individual shots

Spoiler

large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(02large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(03large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(04large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(05large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(06large.PMG_IWDOMINATORCOHORT2023-10-12(07

Edited by Canadian_F_H
Updated materials used.

10 hours ago, madlibrarian said:

Dude that multi Melta conversion is absolutely inspired! Great job!

Thanks!

I'm very pleased with how the Multimelta worked out.  The hoses were a bit annoying.  I had to heat them up in boiling water and reshape them a bit, and ended up pinning them at every join with brass wire... but otherwise i was surprised it was not to difficult of a conversion.

All the chains were the most tedious part of the whole build.