8th Edition Rumours

MoGuy

i wonder if we'll get legion rules from day one in the grand alliance chaos book

Well, we are definitely getting Death Guard and Thousand Sons. Since they were notable enough to mention as having unique tactics, we should at least be getting something Night Lords and World Eaters.

i wonder if we'll get legion rules from day one in the grand alliance chaos book

I assume we may get an appetizer of legion rules. It wont be as big or detailed as a book per faction. I also dont know if we will see force orgs and command point charts for each faction specifically, or whether we might see: Chaos Undivided+Nurgle+Tzeentch+Khorne+Slanaash (joining CSM with Daemons in one army; so kdk for all factions). Its hard to imagine they have a chart/command structure for EACH and EVERY subfaction of chaos at the onset of the new edition. They know how popular traitor legions was so if the book doesnt have them (which i really doubt it will), but something down the road will have it expanded.

GW said they are focusing on the good guys (imperium) versus Chaos... So i would expect books and new models all coming out shortly. Cant have the big baddies be the baddies with models from 1995

Looks like my defilers and land raiders will be seeing use again biggrin.png

I'm going to wait a little on this. The thing that killed vehicles, as a whole, more than anything else was grav and instant immobolize. Vehicles have been weaker for years- but when grav came out it was a really harsh nail in the coffin. I'm going to wait to judgement, but i hope vehicles saves are good (not the new AoS balloons with bad 4+ or 5+ saves...)

I believe they dodged the psychic phase questions on purpose since that would've been a bit too much for a 1 hour Q&A stream. Probably gonna get a long article on that soon-ish.

Psychic phase has been wonky this entire edition. We need to wait and see what GW does.

I really hope its similar to AoS but not the same...

I really think each army/faction should have a chart/list of spells that a caster can take. I dont think each spell should be limited to 1 per turn, but i do think each blessing should be limited to each unit once (so if there is something that gives +1 save you cant add it to a unit that already had +1 save).

Spells are more toned down than what used to be out: Frontline gaming play tested and those guys are VERY critical of the psychic phase: Expect to see invisibility go bye-bye; spells probably add to stats (saves +1/Attacks +1/Weapon Damage +1) or allow for re-rolls (re-rolling saves/to hit/to wound). Then you will have damage spells which will do ALL sorts of damage; from a lot of light attacks to destroyer type attacks.

IF you want to get a good guess at how the psychic phase will work- look at AoS; then go to Frontline gaming and listen to their podcasts about any book that came out with spells. You hear a lot of "well that makes sense" for some spells, a lot of "What?! thats so weak" and then just laughing or "thats so dumb" to other spells. Expect the middle ground spells to be more prevalent

get back into the hobby, buy £300 worth of KDK and the rules change... GW, please be gentle...

Welcome to 40k, and if you listen closely you'll hear the Laughter of thirsting Gods :-D

Liking what I have seen so far and reading the Q&A, I am hoping for stronger vehicles assault to be more relevant - say hello to a Spartan full of Berzerkers :D

I wonder if we will keep dirge casters? I wonder if overwatch is even a thing anymote?

Liking what I have seen so far and reading the Q&A, I am hoping for stronger vehicles assault to be more relevant - say hello to a Spartan full of Berzerkers biggrin.png

I wonder if we will keep dirge casters? I wonder if overwatch is even a thing anymote?

Pretty sure Overwatch or something similar will stay. Or else they need to retcon Tau so they actually can do something in melee except for getting killed lol

So for those who may or may not be freaking out about vehicles having wounds and whatnot, Excessus pointed out in the News and Announcements thread that back in 2nd edition, there were weapons that did more than one wound.

Today's post on Warhammer Community confirmed that was going to be a thing when we get weapons that deal multiple damage.

So there will be a scaling factor for weaponry, appropriately to simulate anti-infantry vs anti-vehicle in a universe where the most basic weaponry is supposed to be armor piercing.

So ah...Beta tested. That means some people have access to what we are gonna see. And could make alternative accounts to leak it.

I mostly want to see the various movements for say, power armored space marines, scout armor space marines, Terminator armor space marines, crisis suits, eldar pathfinders, guardsmen, firewarriors.

GW have been clamping down on leaks pretty hard lately, or so it seems. Since the Mortarion leak it's been dead silence on anything concerning the Death Guard, and to me it seems very intentional, specially considering their involvement in the new edition. They have probably kept a close eye on anyone involved in it.
That is the purpose of Non-Disclosure Agreements usually. They're usually enforced by legal and fiscal repercussions. Which is why it's usually pretty stupid to leak things. Ooh yay, you're a hero on the interent for all of five seconds. Then you can't even afford a windows tablet to take to McDs to bum the free wi-fi. Good job hero.

That's why you tell someone who will release it without any connection to you so that you have plausible deniability.

Most of this can only be good news for chaos. I'm working on Thousand Sons, Black Legion and Red Corsairs all at once. Lol

The idea of wounds for dreads, the mauler models, etc, and a T value around 7 ish will be so much better.

The thought of using iconic units 'properly ' again, like Landraiders, Helbrutes, etc is so promising.

Just still on the fence about psychics.

Terminators are now 2 W, and the humble dreadnought is now a T7 beast with 8W and a 3+ sv biggrin.png oh boy I can't wait to see what land raiders or defilers are like

The Landraider is supposed to have dozens (as in plural!) wounds according to the warhammer-community article about unit profiles! It'll be a beast to take down without heavy weaponry that deals d6 wounds! Can't wait for it to be worth fielding again! :D

Archived