8th Edition Rumours

MoGuy

I want no derail the thread further, as is being discussed here. But by RAW its pretty clear that is a bonus attack that no need to be triggered by the use of the weapon, but just by having it.

You need to attack with that weapon.

The idea is you attack with the chain sword 1A then you get an extra attack with the chain sword (which simulates the chain chewing through flesh) you can then you the models 2nd attack with the axe.

Abaddon must use one of his attacks with the sword to get the D6 extra attacks then the rest he can use with his claw.

To do it another way is to bend the wording. If you do not use the weapon you don't get that buff.

I want no derail the thread further, as is being discussed here. But by RAW its pretty clear that is a bonus attack that no need to be triggered by the use of the weapon, but just by having it.

You need to attack with that weapon.

The idea is you attack with the chain sword 1A then you get an extra attack with the chain sword (which simulates the chain chewing through flesh) you can then you the models 2nd attack with the axe.

Abaddon must use one of his attacks with the sword to get the D6 extra attacks then the rest he can use with his claw.

To do it another way is to bend the wording. If you do not use the weapon you don't get that buff.

No you don't. I don't get how you get that idea. The wording of the chainsword rules are pretty clear: each time you fight you can make an additional attack. Is not mandatory to make one with the sword.

There seem to be three abilities so far considering additional attacks and limits on attacks with melee weapons in 8th:

1st: we have "Can make additional attacks with this weapon"

2nd: we have "May only make one attack with this weapon"

and

3rd: we have "Must make one, but only one attack with this weapon"

Using a Powerfist and a Sword (with one of the abilities above) as an example, a model with 4 Attacks may perform the following attack patterns (as far as I interpret the rules):

1st: 4+0 or 4+1 or 3+2 or 2+3 or 1+4 or 0+5

2nd: 4+0 or 3+1

3rd: 3+1

The wording of the chainsword rules are pretty clear: each time you fight you can make an additional attack. Is not mandatory to make one with the sword.

I Agree, that's why any Berzerker can replace his bolt pistol with a chainaxe. With chainsword + chainaxe you have all your Attack S+1 Ap-1 AND you get +1 attack with normal strenght and Ap

Archived