8th Edition Rumours

MoGuy

I see Mr. Pastourel is making sure there is not a single doubt about the new models being his work. tongue.png

Yes I notice that as well. If you check the orignaly Death Guard topic we had here when the new models where announce. I notice one of the Nurgle Marine helmet & shoulder pad are exact once that he use for his own warband.

It a really great Nurgle Pastourel has & one people should look that for idea.

So Flamers are 8" S4 Assault D6 autohit. That's nasty!

I also notice the Initiative stat is gone. Assaulters hit first but does that mean next round both sides hit at the same time? I wonder.

I can see assault troops with flamers being brutal.

I also notice the Initiative stat is gone. Assaulters hit first but does that mean next round both sides hit at the same time? I wonder.

Here are all the infos if you want to catch up ;)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333126-eighth-edition-news-op-updated-250417/?p=4715945

"25. Alternating Actions (AoS style) for who attacks first in subsequent rounds of close combat."

Here are all the infos if you want to catch up msn-wink.gif

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333126-eighth-edition-news-op-updated-250417/?p=4715945

"25. Alternating Actions (AoS style) for who attacks first in subsequent rounds of close combat."

So alternating actions. Right. Seems logical.

I see Mr. Pastourel is making sure there is not a single doubt about the new models being his work. tongue.png

Yes I notice that as well. If you check the orignaly Death Guard topic we had here when the new models where announce. I notice one of the Nurgle Marine helmet & shoulder pad are exact once that he use for his own warband.

It a really great Nurgle Pastourel has & one people should look that for idea.

Indeed. He's got one of, if not the best looking Nurgle army out there and I'm really glad that he's in charge of designing the new Nurgle line.

I just hope they don't pull a Dark Vengeance with the new Death Guard in the starter box. You know what I'm talking about.

Excuse the double post, but I think I just had a revelation. I was looking at Maxime Pastourel's Plaguebones army again (since I had to look for the axe and scythe with the three sawblades) and then looked at the new video again, and I noticed something.

http://puu.sh/vx0PF/79a75a4285.jpg

DSC_0163.JPG

So I went and looked at the picture that supposedly is the new starter box, and had a good look at one of the few models that I couldn't decipher.

http://puu.sh/vx0YP/1a9b22a050.jpg

http://puu.sh/vx17G/bb35684b3f.jpg

Am I seeing things? Do my eyes deceive me? Am I really looking at a PLASTIC THUNDE BLIGHT DRONE?

Edit: Attempt number two.

http://puu.sh/vx6Aj/ec23997ab3.jpg

I saw the Blight Drone in the vid but didn't actually think much about it somehow. If they decide to bring out a plastic one it's huge...for many reasons!

They invented the damn thing!

That was a long long long long time ago though...

@Deadsmith a regular Sherlock Holmes this one. If that is the starter set im going to probably put every purchase on hold and buy two of those

And hopefully they dont do a Dark Vengeance and release them separately.

I saw the Blight Drone in the vid but didn't actually think much about it somehow. If they decide to bring out a plastic one it's huge...for many reasons!

Did the Mechanicum invent the STCs though? I thought they just collected them. Like how Disney is collecting various franchises like Marvel and Star Wars.

Did the Mechanicum invent the STCs though? I thought they just collected them. Like how Disney is collecting various franchises like Marvel and Star Wars.

Back in the heresy they actually invented stuff.

Back in the heresy they actually invented stuff.

They still do....occasionally....probably by accident....like once every thousand years... :P

@Deadsmith a regular Sherlock Holmes this one. If that is the starter set im going to probably put every purchase on hold and buy two of those

And hopefully they dont do a Dark Vengeance and release them separately.

And hopefully multi-part instead of monopose.

The AoS starter was a much better way to do a starter box, everything in it besides unique models got a separate, multi-part kit. Then with the Tzeentchian forces that came with Silver Tower they actually released both multi-part kits (Horrors, Tzaangors and Acolytes) and monopose characters. Hopefully they keep walking down that path with this release.

Surprise edit!

I gave it another try, I think I'm seeing the whole picture now. That or I'm hallucinating after looking at blurry pixels for so long.

http://i.imgur.com/d6lrxR5.jpg

So Chaos can have a plastic Blight Drone but my Ad Mech can neither have transports nor a plastic drone of their own? :( They invented the damn thing!

Pffft chaos had these long before the tech boys, doesn't matter FW later crowbarred them in as existing tech during the Heresy chaos got the model first so pretty reasonable they get a plastic version firsts. Besides most tech boys are incompetent losing old tech or too scared of it fearing it to be tainted.

Iv never been a fan of blight drones but getting a new plastic Nurgle kit would be pretty nice.

Pretty stoked about flamers :D now all death guard need is some sort of chem flamers and they will be the perfect single model killers (monsters etc ) D6 automatic hits on an enemy with poisoned yes please :D

Pretty stoked about flamers biggrin.png now all death guard need is some sort of chem flamers and they will be the perfect single model killers (monsters etc ) D6 automatic hits on an enemy with poisoned yes please biggrin.png

Hm... that would be pretty redundant with warpflamers though. I hope warpflamer get a -1 modifier or something and nurgle flamers, if they're in, get a better chance to wound or as you suggested poison. Otherwise that would be a bit lame.

Pretty stoked about flamers biggrin.png now all death guard need is some sort of chem flamers and they will be the perfect single model killers (monsters etc ) D6 automatic hits on an enemy with poisoned yes please biggrin.png

Hm... that would be pretty redundant with warpflamers though. I hope warpflamer get a -1 modifier or something and nurgle flamers, if they're in, get a better chance to wound or as you suggested poison. Otherwise that would be a bit lame.

Thematics. If Noise Marines get sound flamers, Plague Marines need chem flamers.

Thematics. If Noise Marines get sound flamers, Plague Marines need chem flamers.

And Berzerkers get axe flamers.... :D

And Berzerkers get axe flamers.... biggrin.png

you mean chainflamers.

And Berzerkers get axe flamers.... biggrin.png

you mean chainflamers.

Let's meet in the middle....chainaxe flamers. :P

Psychic phase, Warpflame, and Rubric points costs......please on all counts be decent. thats all I ask!

I know GW heard loud and clear the issues with rubrics.....it was clear as day from their Wrath of Magnus facebook page, they know the issues were huge. Better fix it Geedubs.

I hope so, im currently converting my Rubrics to have either bolter or flamer thanls to the magic of magnets.

Archived