What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

Very cool viper.

Played the new ork book tonight. Wow. Dakka dakka dakka has to be the most annoying thing in the game. I'm not saying it's broken but maybe it should be a +1 to hit instead of auto hit on 6 and extra shots. Advancing and shooting at raven guard should be really hard...

I guess I'll have to dissapoint you - the "always hit on 6s" might make it over from killteam to 40k. The rules guys at Warhammer Fest used it as an example of how they try out new rules in KT and get feedback before putting it into a CA or FAQ. Turns out playing orks against eldar would be entirely pointless otherwise, with -2 on every flier and -3 if necessary, the orks simply couldn't hit otherwise.

Freaking gorgeous book.

Very cool viper.

Played the new ork book tonight. Wow. Dakka dakka dakka has to be the most annoying thing in the game. I'm not saying it's broken but maybe it should be a +1 to hit instead of auto hit on 6 and extra shots. Advancing and shooting at raven guard should be really hard...

Yeah ... I’m having issues rebuilding my strategies since the nerf to SftS. My “fault” for trying to stay Primaris “only”, but now it looks like the -1 to be hit is getting nerfed albeit in a more subtle manner.

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

Nah, I think we will keep -1 to hit, there is just too much to negate cover. Our Chapter Tactics really helps against Necrons and Tau, both of which are heavy in my local meta, along with the usual eldar soup.

Speaking of Necrons, I found out the hard way that a lord or overlord, not sure which, has an ability that can use a weapon from one of my vehicles in range. Not fun having your Assault Marines get hit with the Heavy Flamer from a nearby Ironclad Dreadnought. Still won, but that was really annoying, lost one whole astartes to that.

I forgot how annoying Necrons are. You just have to keep shooting and shooting until the ENTIRE UNIT falls down, and do not assault until they are whittled down, or you are just tar pitted for multiple turns. Falling back to shoot, or flame is good, but again when they are depleted, because you do not want them shooting back.

:cuss-ing Scarabs suicide bombed one of my Ironclads. He had a spider next to a Doomsday Ark fixing it as my Stalkers hammered away at it. Which was kind of nice because he said with me having 2 Stalkers on the field, he had to have them together to keep his big gun on the field. So the ark repaired for d3 with Living Metal, and the spider had fabrication arms, so I usually came ahead by came ahead by 1 or 2. So it and my Stalkers shot at each other all game. Having to, even in the back corners, left him nowhere to hide, at least one could shoot hit, wherever he moved, and y'know, when you move and shoot a heavy weapon... It did not beat that my Stalkers each had a TFC and Techmarine gunner behind it, so I was turning wrenches on my vehicles too. My Thunderfire cannons ate his warrior blobs, it was getting them to stay dow that was the problem.

Fall back and shoot is big for me this edition. Usually my flamers are the first casualties when melee is joined, but the option to fall back and flame 2d6 survivors is a good finisher, especially if I need to grab objectives in the closing turns.

His Praetorians had <fly> and I wish I knew that from the start. I did get to lay into them with one of my Stalkers, man they can take a beating. They are nasty when they get the charge. A Lieutenant with the Teeth of Terra made a heroic intervention into melee, and cleaned house. He did not get his Overlord into melee, and he was just too tempting a target for my Venerable Dreadnought and his Twin Lascannons and Missile Launcher. Lt Dayan had to jump on him with the Teeth to finish him off. I love my jump lieutenant, 81 points, and the Teeth is free, and adds a bunch of attacks to a model that already swings a lot, and hits on a 2+! He is an MVP in almost any game. Add a jump Chaplain, and/or a jump Librarian to cast Might of Heroes, and watch him turn into a wood chipper. Well, the Chaplain is there for the other Marines, not so much the Lt. I also have a walking Lt, that I squeeze in to babysit my Devastators. Ever seen Lascannons that reroll 1s to wound?

So, in summary, I won on objectives. It was a game played with an Open War deck. We had the mission where you could destroy your opponent's objectives. The slow moving necrons were at a marked disadvantage. Flamers served me better on my Assault Marines better than Plasma Pistols did. This game was all about volume of attacks, shooting and melee. He wants to get a Triarch Stalker after this game. I also made heavy use of misdirection this game. Nothing too underhanded, but I just made some units make more noise than others to keep my opponent's attention off my objective grabbers/holders. Y'know, tried & true sneaky beaky. Anybody else notice that newer and/or younger players tend to focus more on trying to table you, as opposed to playing for objectives? My opponent was in his 30s, but just getting into the hobby.

Damn sexy book !

Lately, my Raven Guard have been trying to reverse engineer the rule set of 8th Edition to find out quicker avenues to win.

They have uncovered some pretty counter intuitive stuff to me. Need to try and see if it works!

Damn sexy book !

Lately, my Raven Guard have been trying to reverse engineer the rule set of 8th Edition to find out quicker avenues to win.

They have uncovered some pretty counter intuitive stuff to me. Need to try and see if it works!

Care to share and bat that back and forth a bit?

Yes. Please help!!!!

Damn sexy book !

Yes. Please help!!!!

Damn sexy book !

Because GreyCrow put forth such interesting points I have decided it is worthy of its own thread!

I have placed it here

Enjoy! :tu:

That I haven't figured out, but would like to know the answer too!
From what the blurbs says it sounds like its a new story?

Speaking of which even though I haven't been working on my RG I am still reading their HH novels

On the last story of Corax... the one before had a very interesting interaction with some SW's and SoH

Man I wish there was actual HH Raptors around in 40k ;)  
(and of course Mor Deythan)

I think this final story describes what happens to them, or at least the prologue eluded to

That I haven't figured out, but would like to know the answer too!

From what the blurbs says it sounds like its a new story?

Speaking of which even though I haven't been working on my RG I am still reading their HH novels

On the last story of Corax... the one before had a very interesting interaction with some SW's and SoH

Man I wish there was actual HH Raptors around in 40k :wink:  

(and of course Mor Deythan)

I think this final story describes what happens to them, or at least the prologue eluded to

I havent started it yet. I am finishing up my LE Shrike novel first, before moving on.

Once I do, ill be sure to post a review!

• 2 weeks later...