What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

Yay ,,, BattleScribe has updated with points from Chapter Approved. Actually assembling 10 of my base coated Hellblasters for my new 1k list.

Listen Dracos, you know how this works. If you post you have a new list, I'm just gonna ask you to post it. Much like how RB will chime in with suggestions of a Land Raider the moment anything with armor is mentioned.

:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Done :ph34r.:

Check the Primaris Chapter: Warhawks (Post CA2018) thread

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos

So I thought I'd show off my Primaris RG collection, both for their own sake and in preparation of the batrep I'm about to post. So here we go:

Grav Captain and his trust Banner-Bearer:

gallery_95196_13406_158086.jpg

Captain:

gallery_95196_13406_19131.jpg

Primaris Libby:

gallery_95196_13406_108828.jpg

Intercessor Squad 5:

gallery_95196_13406_5893.jpg

Intercessor Squad 7:

gallery_95196_13406_1779.jpg

Aggressors (I actually have 6 done in total, but only 5 made it into last night's list):

gallery_95196_13406_667575.jpg

Hellblasters (sorry for blurry shot; also the astute will note these guys still need edge highlighting):

gallery_95196_13406_6072.jpg

Redemptor Dread with Macro Plasma Incinerator (because screw internet wisdom, that's why!):

gallery_95196_13406_199959.jpg

A very unfinished Repulsor (this one's for you Race):

gallery_95196_13406_30724.jpg

And a full army shot of last night's list:

gallery_95196_13406_100876.jpg

Next up: Battle Report vs. a Hive Fleet Gorgon Tyranid List!

Ok then here we go:

1500 pts. Primaris Raven Guard vs. Hive Fleet Gorgon

Raven Guard Army

General: Rocmistro (your host, 9x19 Parabellum):

HQs:

Primaris Lt with power sword (Storm of Fire Warlord trait)

Primaris Libby with Force Sword, Tome Of Malcador (Smite, Might of Heroes, Null Zone and Pyschic Fortress), Field Commander - Grey Shield Warlord Trait

Troops:

5 Intercessors (grenade launcher)

5 Intercessors (power sword)

10 Intercessors (power sword, grenade launcher, upgraded to Indomitus Crusade Veterans)

Elites:

Redemptor Dread (macro plasma, 2x storm bolters, onslaught and icarus)

5 Aggressors (full dakka)

Heavy Support:

10 Hellblasters (rapid fire variant)

Dedicated Transport:

Repulsor (twin las, las talon, 3x frag, 2x krak, onslaught gatling, autolaunchers)

Hive Fleet Gorgon Army

General: My venerable opponent and lifelong friend, let us call him Erik the Red

HQs:

1x Broodlord (unsure of loadout)

1x Broodlord (unsure of loadout)

1x Nuerothrope

Troops:

20 Genestealers (toxin sacs)

20 Genestealers (toxin sacs)

30 Hormagaunts (toxin sacs)

Elites:

3 Venomthropes

3 Venomthropes

3 Lictors

Game/Mission:

Deployment: Spearhead Assault (map 1 - short table edges, pointing in towards each other)

Mission: Chapter Approved 2018, Escalation of War, Mission 3 (Cut off the Head). This mission is a single objective in dead center of board. Each player divides up 3 "Intel Points" as equally as possible between all his characters (so my Lt. had 2 and Libby had 1, and each of my opponents' characters had 1 intel point). These intel points then trigger subsequent victory points starting on turn 3. Also, the objective in the center can be claimed by any characters who have intel point assigned to them. Whoever has the most intel points holding the objective earns 1 VP at the beginning of their turn.

Setup & Initiative: Tyranids setup entire army first. I setup my army in response, but failed to seize the initiative. Thus, Tyranid player had 1st turn. (ie, similar to 7th edition setup/initiative). I spent 1 CP for Strike from the Shadows to move my Aggressors up 9" and into the mechanicus tower right in front of them.

Here are a couple shots of the map and my deployment (note that I staged these photos this morning, after the game, so I could post a bat-rep. That's why you don't see any 'nids on the board):

Here's a bird's eye view of the tabletop and RG deployment:

gallery_95196_15095_9048.jpg

A frontal, 3/4 of my RG, deployed:

gallery_95196_15095_254280.jpg

And a bird's eye view of my RG with PPT overlay of where the 'nids were deployed:

gallery_95196_15095_20084.jpg

Dude, I'm a hater :wink: Your stuff is so sweet. Really wish I wasn't quite the snowflake who needed to DIY all the time because that army is dope. (Channeling my inner Californian today) Serious nice love to see the batrep.

Thanks Dracos. Batrep incoming (or, rather, started!)

YAAASS!

How did you find using the Corvus helmets on the Primaris torsos?

Hey Race, I have no issue with the Corvus helmets.  I do leave a tiny bit of resin sprue attached to the neck (I smooth it down of course), just to "lift" the head above the rather large gorget part of the throat armor, otherwise it sits down too snugly and too deep and looks a little wrong to me.

Hey Race, I have no issue with the Corvus helmets. I do leave a tiny bit of resin sprue attached to the neck (I smooth it down of course), just to "lift" the head above the rather large gorget part of the throat armor, otherwise it sits down too snugly and too deep and looks a little wrong to me.

You, sir, just gave some money to Kromlech for this response :Tu:

Ok so, Turn 1:

gallery_95196_15097_37942.jpg

Nids all move up keeping pretty much the same overall formation as they had in deployment. Thropes are positioned to give everyone the -1 to be hit debuff, and the 3 lictors are in deepstrike.

He uses a stratagem (or psychic power, I can't remember which), to get the 'Gaunts move, advance and then charge. This allows them to successfully charge my Aggressors on the tower. Aggressors put out an astonishing 108 shots, for which 18 hit (I remember that because it was exactly by the odds), of which 13 wounds and 11 of which are unsaved. I'm very happy with overwatch.

In combat, Gaunts do no damage to my aggressors and I kill another 5 or so I think (though I took a mortal wound in psychic phase.

He has a character in objective range of the center objective, poised to score on turn 2.

On RG turn 1, I move back a little with pretty much everyone, consolidating my position to keep as much distance between the Genestealer mobs as possible. On my left flank (ie, the "top" of the map as shown in the battle report), I kill maybe 2 Genestealers between the 2 5-man intercessor groups. On my right flank (ie, the "bottom" of the map), my 10 man intercessors and Redemptor dread all fire into that Genestealer group. I killed about 5 or so GS. The Repulsor fires it's big shots into the Venomthropes, and I killed 1. I keep the Aggressors in combat with the Gaunts because: a) I have no where to really fall back to and :cool.: staying in combat with them on top of the tower means he has very few spaces to fill in and attack from and I prepare to keep it that way. I kill a couple more Gaunts on my turn in close combat and they are starting to really get whittled down.

Turn 2:

gallery_95196_15097_15691.jpg

Genestealers continue to move up, along with Venomthropes behind in support. A lector drops down behind me in the corner and tries to charge but fails it.

His psychic phase punches a hole in my Aggressors, which allows him to get a broodlord up on top of the tower. Between his fight phase and mine, he wipes out my Aggressors, but there were only 3 Gaunts left at the end of turn 2.

I unload my Hellblasters into the ruins and along with my veteran intercessors and Red Dread, light up his Genestealers, taking them down to about 6 or 7 models (I'm still suffering a -1 penalty to hit from Venomthropes, and I believe he also got "Haunting" off on my Hellblasters, so they had a -2 to hit, and my RedDread had -2 to hit because move+heavy + venomthrope debuff) so my shooting was heavily compromised. I started spamming Wisdom of the Ancients at this point so rerolling 1's at least.

On my left flank, the 2x5 intercessors continue to chip away at the other genestealer blob. My repulsor's close ranged guns kill the Lictor and I take down another Venomthrope with lascannons. My libby gets Might of Heroes and Psychic Fortress off on my RedDread who is closest to his line and most likely to get hit with Smites and/or Genestealers (I wanted him at T8).

Tyranid Turn 3.

Ok so here's where things get interesting.

gallery_95196_15097_26989.jpg

So the big left flank (top) Genestealer blob makes a great advance roll and a great charge roll and gets all up into my Hellblasters. The smaller Genestealer group also charges both my Redemptor Dread and the Hellblasters.

He lands the other 2 Lictors in the same place as the first one did and both attempt to charge my Lt. One succeeds. He gets "Haunting" off on my Repulsor this turn.

The Hellblasters get torn to pieces, a couple wounds on my Red Dread and the Lt. makes it through unscathed.

Raven Guard Turn 3:
gallery_95196_15097_58708.jpg

Ok so..Lt falls back from combat and loads up into Repulsor cuz I don't want him getting take down by Lictors (he has warlord trait, plus "slay the warlord" points, plus he's worth 2 "intel points" for this mission, so way too risky for him to hang around in combat. Repulsor then advances up toward the front, and does very very bad with the Frag Grenade Launchers (I rolled 3 1's for # of hits).

RedDreadstays in combat, and the Veteran Intercessors move up and prepare to hammer the Genestealer blob that took out the Hellblasters. I also trigger the Grey Shield Warlord Trait and give them Iron Hands 6+++ this turn. The other smaller group of 5 Intercessors joins that combat from the other side after shooting into the Genestealers. The Librarian moves around the back, smites down the 1 Lictor, then charges the other one and makes a big 11" charge, and kills him with Force Sword after Might of Heroes on himself. The Veteran Intercessors go in with 31 attacks and chop up the Genestealers. I have to say it was very satisfying watching Intercessors punch the crap out of Genestealers! 51 str 4 attacks (20 shooting, 31 melee) is a lot of dice going around.

At the end of turn 3, all 3 Lictors are dead, 1 Genestealer Blob is gone and the other is down to like 3-5 models (I can't remember how many). But I lost my Hellblasters entirely. In hindsight, even though it wasn't my intention, having him overextend himself away from his support may have been worth it.

Turn 4.

gallery_95196_15097_74945.jpg

On his turn 4, his remaining genestealers got taken down by my Intercessors. Everything else began backing up to try to run down the clock (as he was ahead on VPs at this point because he had 3 turns of getting the +1 Vp from controlling the objective), with the Venomthropes lingering as closest targets to avoid me getting shots on his characters.

On my turn 4, all Intercessors move up towards the center and everyone shoots at the 3 Venomthropes on top of the Mechanicus terrain. I *believe* I took them all down this turn. On my right flank, my Red Dread, Libby, and Repulsor move down around the Mechanicus Tower (where the Aggressors had been positioned). Between shooting and smite i take down the single Venomthope on that end. I then charge the Broodlord with the Red Dread and my Intercessors. I have some bad dice and failed to take his broodlord out but he's down to just a couple wounds.

Turn 5.

He brings his other Broodlord in and takes out my Red Dread and 9 of my veteran intercessors, leaving only the sgt (ouch!). With remaining shooting, I'm able to take down his first Broodlord. He moves his remaining 3 Gaunts (which are hiding out in the crate-bridge-tunnel on top of the Mechanicus Terrain in a way to mess with my shooting against his Neurothrope and his 2nd Broodlord.

Turn 6.

He send his Broodlord cruising in towards my deployment zone and takes out the other group of 5 Intercessors on the top/right flank over the course of a couple combats. I move my 2 Intercessors remaining from one of the Squads, and the Veteran Intercessor Sgt upstairs and am able to take out the 3 Gaunts which have been messing with my shooting in various ways (because of closest enemy model rule)

Turn 7.

He is down to Broodlord and Nuerothrope. He pushes his Broodlord into my deployment zone for linebreaker and backs up his Neurothrope to try to get LOS advantage from my Repulsor, while tring to smite my Lt (who has disembarked from the Repulsor). I denied with my Libby.

With no other gribblies to screw me up, I position my Repulsor for long range shots; 2 lascannon shots take down Broodlord, and dakka + libby smite take down Neurothrope, tabling him at the end of turn 7.

Final Score:

'Nids: turns 2-5 (1 VP for each control of objective), turns 3-5 (x3 VP for his intel points all on board) turns 6-7 (x2 VP for his 2 characters on field) = 16 VP

Raven Guard: turns 6-7 (1 VP for each control of objective), turns 3-7 (x3 VP for all my intel points on board), + 1 slay warlord, +1 linebreaker = 19 VP

So, Raven Guard manage a late-game 19-16 victory. At game end I am left with my Libby, Lt, Repulsor, and 3 Intercessors from 2 different squads. This was a hard fought battle, and the only reason I was able to pull ahead was because the game went all 7 turns, which I need to break his early game lead that he got from controlling the center objective for most of the game. I should add this opponent/buddy usually beats me. I've lost about 26 of the last 30 games I've played against him, winning only 2 or 3 and drawing 1 (although that being said, we usually have pretty close games).

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum
Merged multi posts

Ok full batrep is up (see above) and has been condensed into 1 post.

Nice win man. Tyranids are always one of those armies that can really be a personal nemesis. Like Necrons you really have to play against them in a particular way and some arnies are better at that then others. So ... I'm curious if you would do anything differently now that you look back at it. I have a thought that you could have used one of the Intercessor units as a sacrificial lamb in place of the Aggressors. Spacing the Aggressors far enough away so as not to be consolidated into and using them as a counter strike unit: shooting into the genestealers and assaultig the Gaunts to finish them off. I could be projecting though, because I see myself using Scouts instead of Intercessors in that role as a speed bump :) I'm also curious about how you used the Repulsor? I won't be using one myself but was curious if if you thought there were other ways to use it in the scenario :)

Ok full batrep is up (see above) and has been condensed into 1 post.

Nice win man. Tyranids are always one of those armies that can really be a personal nemesis. Like Necrons you really have to play against them in a particular way and some arnies are better at that then others. So ... I'm curious if you would do anything differently now that you look back at it. I have a thought that you could have used one of the Intercessor units as a sacrificial lamb in place of the Aggressors. Spacing the Aggressors far enough away so as not to be consolidated into and using them as a counter strike unit: shooting into the genestealers and assaultig the Gaunts to finish them off. I could be projecting though, because I see myself using Scouts instead of Intercessors in that role as a speed bump :smile.: I'm also curious about how you used the Repulsor? I won't be using one myself but was curious if if you thought there were other ways to use it in the scenario :smile.:

Hey Dracos, thanks!

Regarding the Aggressors; I'm not sure what you mean without seeing you illustrate an example.  The Aggressors had a really nice terrain opportunity which is why I moved them up. I don't know if the terrain/map/photos do it justice, but if you look at the 2nd photo in post #580, you'll see the Aggressors are on an elevated Mechanicus refinery/tower, with very little place for enemies to attack them.  I very much wanted that (and it was intentional), because I knew he wouldn't be able to use his volume of models/attacks on me. I was hoping to kill a bunch in overwatch (which I did), but was unfamiliar with all the specifics of synapse and immunity to morale.  Either way, it worked out fine, as they were a real speedbump for his army's advance.  Had I put a unit of 5 intercessors up there, for example I don't even think he would have charged them.  Had I left the aggressors on the ground, and buffered them with intercessors, I'm also not sure how that would have played out.  Genestealers are just so fast man, and the penalties to shooting can be fierce (neurothrope + haunting would have meant my aggressors were hitting on 5's).  Would not have been nearly as effective as one first thinks.

I DO think I would have/should have been a bit more aggressive with my repulsor, but again, I just wasn't sure exactly how capable genestealers/broodlords were in getting in there and ripping it up, so I erred on the side of caution. I probably could have been positioned to get more shooting out of it, as a couple rounds I didn't have good range and/or LOS, and at least 1 round I needed to advance with it.

You must understand I've played this friend all the time, and SOOOOOO many times I've lost because I was too aggressive with stuff.

That was an awesome batrep! Nice to see a win. Yeah, I have a friend like that too, but he *creatively confuses rules between editions* and then will argue about it until you give in. I just do not play him anymore, especially at his house. Nice to see an ongoing, sportsman-like, friendship.

For you it is Tyranids, and for me it is Tau. I do love to see filthy xenos get boltered to death. Those veteran Intercessors punched those Genestealers to death, and that was sweet! How did you find the Redemptor to be in melee? I still like my Ironclads better. Also, was the Repulsor better as a transport, or as a battle tank?

Hey Jacques:

In my case, I'm the friend that gets rules confused between editions! (but at least I don't argue about them. At least I don't think I do. No, my bad social habit is getting pissy at dice.)

I actually hate Tau far more than 'Nids.  Tau delivered such severe beatings to me in 7th edition.  Now I have a small Tau army and plan to expand it a little more in time, but I do treat them like a red-headed stepchild. I loves me some killing Tau.  'Nids I do hate but not like Tau. Mostly I hate Mawlocs for deep striking my death company in 7th edition and killing them repeatedly before I ever had a chance to do anything. 

The redemptor did pretty crap in melee, to be honest, but that's dice for you. I had 5 attacks (Might of Heroes) on the turn I went into the Broodlord, and I only hit once, so....yeah.  The Vetercessors (see what I did there?) did more damage to the Broodie cuz of volume of attacks.  I generally only like to get Red Dread into combats that I'm confident he'll win in one turn so he can be free/fresh for shooting in subsequent turns. I suppose that's true of many units, but for me it's even moreso for the Dreads.

The Repulsor was very underwhelming this game.  I put the HBs in it, but didn't really need to as my opponent had no shooting and thus little chance to take them out in an alpha strike.  It's shooting was lackluster on several occasions. I whiffed about 3 different times on my # of Frag shots. The lascannons/las talons did "1" wound so many times I nearly barfed.  It really is just a weird/hybrid role tank that leaves you scratching your head. It can carry stuff, so it makes sense to do so but it's far too expensive to build a mechanized list around, but it's also the only real source of AT guns.  I have not yet really figured out how to use it to its best affect.

No, this friend of mine is just the type that believes that if you let him get away with something, then you deserve it. He will say stuff like "well it used to be that way" or "I'm pretty sure the unit can do that" or "show me where it says I can't do that" and will argue or repeat himself until you give in. He does not have a single clean victory over me, because, when I was just getting into the hobby, he would use rules from previous editions, and claim they were current because I did not know any better. He also tries things like, "my Dreadnoughts can shoot their guns while in melee" and "no, you always have to shoot the closest unit" type of garbage. In fact, his last 2 "victories" were from me packing up and leaving after one of those arguments, and he flopped his die on a 6 after offering to roll a 4+ for it. He wonders why nobody comes over to play him anymore. That, and the fact that he does not know what "not cheese" means.

Yeah, that is why I will stick to my old marines. Stinking primaris are over-specialized, and too few options. They have the mechanical feel of playing a Xenos army. A pure primaris list feels far too restrictive in terms of play style to me. Hobbyists here think I am nuts for retiring a winning list because it gets boring for me, and/or there are only a few viable strategies that work for it. I want a list that gives me tactical flexibility to get creative. I'd rather win a game that went back and forth a lot, rather than one where I just steamroll my opponent. I just cannot understand why someone would just want to try and dominate their opponent, and get all salty when it does not work out the way they thought it would. Actually, you see THAT attitude a lot from people who are losers at life, and want just one chance to be powerful. It's just pathetic...

My Tau friend, was like my aforementioned friend. Always got the rules wrong, conveniently "misremembered" rules in his codex, and was even worse about flopping dice. It is a pet peeve of mine! Roll your dice! Do not just shake a tightly closed fist with a dice or 2 in it and then drop it/them onto the table!!! Also, in relation, he would always want to roll his saves ONE AT A TIME, slowing the game way down! No, roll all your save for that unit at once, and count failures, like you laugh at others when you shoot them with a bucket of dice! If you have to cheat to win, DO NOT PLAY!!! Also, if you are closer to 30 than 20, and still live with your parents, do not spend money on riptides and crisis suits.

At least in real life, I am doing much better than either of those 2. I have a good job, nice place in Virginia Beach, a beautiful wife, and I drive a nice car. I am healthy, handsome, and most importantly, humble. You should see the looks I get when she drops by during a game.

Yeah, true. Ok, is anybody using Apothecaries? Our Chapter Tactics are a boon to support characters, like Apothecaries or Ancients. I do not see sneaky marines waving banners around, like "hey, here we are, over here" or anything like that. But, with our history, I wager Apothecaries would really be out there, not wanting any geneseed to go to waste.

I was thinking that with my list, one more unit of Scouts, cherubs for my Devastators, and squeeze in an Apothecary or two.

Thunderfire Cannons are so good. I average 7 to 8 shots per turn, and tremor shells is a great stratagem for facing hordes, and space marine bikes. Does not need Line of Sight, and range is practically the entire table. Plus, the Techmarine Gunner can fix things, and the cannon still shoots if he does. I park mine behind a Stalker. It's hilarious to see anything but dedicated anti-tank try to damage that T8 Stalker, with a Techmarine repairing d3 wounds on it each turn. It forces my opponent to devote a lot of shooting at my Stalker to destroy it, rather than degrade it and ignore it, because it will just get repaired.

Now imagine 2 sets of those combinations of those units, at opposite ends of my deployment zone. Which one does my opponent shoot at, if he does not have Line of Sight to both? Also, I have 2 Ironclad Dreadnoughts that I play aggressively. Wouldn't a sane person want to shoot them to scrap before shooting an Air Defence array on a Rhino chassis?

Yeah, true. Ok, is anybody using Apothecaries? Our Chapter Tactics are a boon to support characters, like Apothecaries or Ancients. I do not see sneaky marines waving banners around, like "hey, here we are, over here" or anything like that. But, with our history, I wager Apothecaries would really be out there, not wanting any geneseed to go to waste.

I was thinking that with my list, one more unit of Scouts, cherubs for my Devastators, and squeeze in an Apothecary or two.

I have been using the Ancient.  Worked great paired with Aggressors.

Been meaning to use an apothecary with company vets, an ancient and a librarian.   Riding in a razorback right down the throat.  With a squad of Aggressors walking behind the razor in cover.  But I have not built the Razorback yet  :whistling:

Ok brothers, updated list, with 1 whole point to spare.

Battalion

HQ

Chaplain w/ Jump Pack, Crozius, Bolt Pistol

Lieutenant w/ Jump Pack, Master Crafter Boltgun, Teeth of Terra

Troops

Scouts(6), 6 Camo Cloaks, 5 Sniper Rifles, Heavy Bolter

Scouts(6), 6 Camo Cloaks, 5 Sniper Rifles, Heavy Bolter

Scouts(6), 6 Camo Cloaks, Storm Bolter, Chainsword, 4 Bolter, Heavy Bolter

Scouts(6), 6 Camo Cloaks, Storm Bolter, Chainsword, 4 Bolter, Heavy Bolter

Elites

Ironclad Dreadnought, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Dreadnought Chainfist, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Assault Launchers

Ironclad Dreadnought, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Dreadnought Chainfist, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Assault Launchers

Fast Attack

Assault Marines(7) w/ Jump Packs, 2 Flamers, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, 4 Bolt Pistols, 4 Chainswords

Assault Marines(7) w/ Jump Packs, 2 Flamers, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, 4 Bolt Pistols, 4 Chainswords

Heavy Support

Devastators(5), 4 Lascannons, Chainsword

Devastators(5), 4 Lascannons, Chainsword

Spearhead

HQ

Librarian w/ Jump Pack, Force Axe, Plasma Pistol

Lieutenant, Master Crafter Bolter, Chainsword

Heavy Support

Stalker, 2 Icarus Stormcannons

Stalker, 2 Icarus Stormcannons

Thunderfire Cannon, Techmarine Gunner, 2 Servo-Arms, Flamer, Plasma Cutter

Thunderfire Cannon, Techmarine Gunner, 2 Servo-Arms, Flamer, Plasma Cutter

1999 points

Ok, So I dropped Shrike, because with the Flamers, his reroll was less important than if I were using 3 Plasma Pistols per squad. This let me fit in a few more things, like another squad of Bolter Scouts, for midfield objectives. Also, you will notice I dropped the Storm Bolters from the Stalkers, and gave them to my Scout Sergeants, where they will do more good. Plus, I have 4 Heavy Bolters spread out among 4 cheap, yet annoying tough units. Most opponents, unless playing hard for objectives, or are running a Primarch who fears Hellfire Shells, will figure there are higher priority targets on the board. My Ironclads for example, they usually die early, but they are meant to soak up fire, and let the rest of my army get up to who knows what shenanigans. I also added a walking Lieutenant, because Lascannons that reroll 1s to wound are hilarious. I will be saving 2 CP just for Auspex Scan, and hope someone is dumb enough to deep strike within 12" of my Devastators or my Scouts. I may just have the Sniper Scouts and the Devastator Squads team up, and have Lt babysit one of the buddy teams. Not sure how many 1s will be rerolled into 6s for Mortal wounds, but excited that the chance exists. My Stalkers and my TFCs will be paired up as well. I have seen a lot of "shoot it down a bracket or two and ignore it for the rest of the game" when it comes to vehicles and monsters. The TFC's Gunner makes that impossible, because in a turn or 2, that T8 Stalker will be good as new again, unless my opponent dedicates enough fire to destroy that T8 chassis in one turn. Oh, kill the gunner first? He's a character, so dig through all the wounds on that Stalker first, then the TFC, and hope by then that a Dreadnought or Assault Marines have not arrived.

So, I have decent board presence with my Ironclads and all my Heavy Support, all 4 Scout Squads will utilize Concealed Positions, just to keep my opponent guessing, make their brain thing about just a few more things, and maybe they will make the mistake that gives me an early advantage. Or maybe not, but I prefer to be optimistic. The Assault Squads and characters with Jump Packs can start on or off the table. Honestly, their role is to finish off my opponent's backfield units that my artillery has rained on, potentially getting objectives and Linebreaker in the process, and/or rushing to intervene should any of my Scouts get tangled up in melee. They share the latter role with my Ironclads. My beloved Scouts are my game winners, grab objectives in the midfield, as well as shoot at other troops and screening units. I am trying Storm Bolter and Chainsword Scout Sergeants for the first time. Seems like a fun, and effective build. Easy to convert, just use extra Sternguard Storm Bolters on the outstretched Scout arm holding the Bolt Pistol, snip, glue, viola! Hopefully they will be a decent enough speed bump. Yeah, Orks, Tyranids, and Chaos Cultists, but has anyone ever played against Blood Angels where their troops are just 10 man squads of Scouts with Bolt Pistols and Combat Knives, and a Power Sword on the Sergeant? Now THAT is scary, not to mention all the jump packs and Dreadnoughts behind them.

Well, cheers, and happy Holidays brothers! It's lunch time here, and I am about to heat up some of the beef pot roast that I made yesterday. So good, warming, and filling in this weather. Just irritated that I could not find Turnips at any local store. It just feels like it is missing something...