What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

Well, I already have 2 Ironclads in the list. I am telling you, move them up aggressively, pop smoke, and dare your opponent to shoot at them. They make great back up to Scouts that deployed from concealed positions.

Now, I do have my Venerable, I like him best with Twin Lascannons and a Missile Launcher. Now he is some good air defense, hits on 2+ normally, and 3+ vs hard to hit Fliers. Yes, he would fit nicely.

I have a venerable that I need to work on as well.

I've been good this year with not buying anything new. I paint slow enough that I can probably work on everything I have and not buy anything next year aside from a few paints, or getting my air brush up and running.

Sorry, lunch break on a jobsite, with no codex handy. Off now and home enjoying a beer by the fire. Damn I love my new job.

Oh, and here is my list I promised.

Battalion

Shrike

Lieutenant with Jump Pack, Master Crafted Boltgun, Teeth of Terra

Scouts(5), Camo Cloaks, Bolters

Scouts(6), Camo Cloaks, 5 Sniper Rifles, Heavy Bolter

Scouts(6), Camo Cloaks, 5 Sniper Rifles, Heavy Bolter

Ironclad Dreadnought, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Dreadnought Chainfist, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Assault Launchers

Ironclad Dreadnought, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Dreadnought Chainfist, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Assault Launchers

Assault Squad(5), with Jump Packs, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, 2 Flamers

Assault Squad(5), with Jump Packs, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, 2 Flamers

Devastators(5), 4 Lascannons

Devastators(5), 4 Lascannons

Spearhead

Librarian with Jump Pack, Force Axe, Plasma Pistol

Thunderfire Cannon with Techmarine Gunner, 2 Servo-Arms, Flamer, Plasma Cutter

Thunderfire Cannon with Techmarine Gunner, 2 Servo-Arms, Flamer, Plasma Cutter

Stalker, 2 Icarus Stormcannons, Storm Bolter

Stalker, 2 Icarus Stormcannons, Storm Bolter

Ok, that comes to 1818, so what should I add to bring this list back up to 2000? I was thinking 5 more Bolter Scouts with Cloaks in a Land Speeder Storm for a nice neat 150, or adding bare bones Sternguard instead of the LSS. I rarely use Shrike, but I like the flexibility of starting him and the Assault Marines on the table, or dropping them in and getting at least one charge off with Shrike's reroll. That jump Lt always earns his points back, especially if he gets Might of Heroes cast on him. I like the Flamers, especially vs Assault armies, jump in their way, and flame on. I might switch HQs around a bit, who even knows. 182 points is a nice bit of wriggle room.

Yeah, now that Chapter Approved dropped, everybody wants to play again.

I like the flexibility and options that 2000 points offers. 1K games are quick and fun, but there is less redundancy and options.

Seriously though, what should I do with that extra 182?

We already told you. You need to field an additional entombed Astarte that has not yet given up hope that he may once again serve the Emperor it an iron behemoth who's only purpose is to spew hate and molten death towards the enemy in the hopes that he may avenge his fallen brethren while exacting rage for the confinement that he feels.

Contemptor Mortis with 2x Twin Lascannon is 168. If you free up another 24 points, you can squeeze in the Typhoon Missle Launcher for the carapace mount as well.

Thats my vote.

If you do opt to go this route, I would probably drop 1 LC from each dev squad, and get a Heavy Bolter in one and Missle Launcher in the other for the Flakk Missle/Hellfire Shells/Cherub/Signum tech that is one of our better Stratagem options.

I like your list, looks like a blast to play, very TAC.

Yay ,,, BattleScribe has updated with points from Chapter Approved. Actually assembling 10 of my base coated Hellblasters for my new 1k list.

Listen Dracos, you know how this works. If you post you have a new list, I'm just gonna ask you to post it. Much like how RB will chime in with suggestions of a Land Raider the moment anything with armor is mentioned.

:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: