HH to remain using 7th ed rules

Snippy claw vs drill is pretty poor balance. Right now each has a purpose.

If it retains its +5 upgrade cost, yes. If its +15-20, not SO much.

But yeah, if they dont do anything else special, its a straight upgrade.

I'm disappointed by this news, now I'm still stuck with the horrible editing and balancing mess that is Inferno.

FW needs to rewrite and rebalance all three army lists from Inferno.

While I'm glad since it'll keep some friends in the hobby, I'm extremely disappointed in inferno. The fact that they're releasing more custodes stuff that are missing from the book is even more annoying on top of the terrible editing

I think this rulebook is just a stopgap, while they update to 8th. 

HH really has to go to 8th eventually, they have said as much. But to me, it always seemed like that update could take a year or more, and if that was the case, releasing this HH 7th ed rulebook makes sense.

They can't have a system without rules being available, so since GW will stop producing the rulebook, FW will instead.

I think a better solution would have been as a free pdf on the FW site, not a book to buy and be replaced in a year, but I'm still convinced that FW will use this book to buy time and transition/rebalance 30k for 8th.

HH is probably dead in my parts if this is the case. Very sad Saturday all round.

With how excellent 8th edition is looking there isn't going to be any organizational will. I could have possibly driven it forward but with nothing coming for SW again I'm hardly stirred to move a muscle.

I'm genuinely surprised that there are no plans to move to 8th. I knew it wouldn't happen soon but figured they'd be thinking about it.

Maybe once all factions have been done? Then they'd just need a single rule book to update everything.

I read the statement "Horus Heresy will use 7th edition rules for now" as "Horus Heresy will use 7th edition rules until Forge World release their Battles in the Age of Darkness red book, a tweaked and updated version for 7th edition designed to be compatible with all existing Horus Heresy books", rather than FW saying they will update to 8th edition eventually.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Bob_Hunk/Horus%20Heresy/18765083_10154745772598831_224826592_o_zpsgvy73ulu.jpg

Image Credit: Battle Bunnies

BOOM! Totally called it! biggrin.png

Not certain I'm happy about being right though. On one hand it's good that I don't have to re-buy the HH books I already own, but on the other hand I really like the direction 8th is taking, a vast improvement on 7th, IMO.

Still, I suppose we don't know exactly what the Age of Darkness tweaks to 7th will be... mellow.png

AWFUL decision. Idiotic one to. 

Dividing a gaming community has Never, ever, ever shot a company in the foot...... Oh... Wait.......

Because people were already not divided? 30K was hardly a game that allowed a lot of other armies to play in it, and cases like Orks and Eldar are technically not legal. In fact that were dozens of things that could only be used in 30K and never in 40K.

Ran

That's a bummer. Was looking forward to the option of more narrative play and game duration unde " take the weekend off". Guess my Heresy stuff is going to be more allong my painting style - more single models / units for the cabinet.

Today I bought the Heavy Dread, Transport and Gunship.

Now I'm not even sure how I feel as it's staying 7th, especially with all of the 8th ed hype flying around right now. The room was definately filled with an air of "oh..." when Tony said it.

I'd like to say that they are going to update the rules and make them a little better, but they are just releasing a stripped back rulebook with the extra heresy bits in.

Dividing a gaming community has Never, ever, ever shot a company in the foot...... Oh... Wait.......

Because people were already not divided? 30K was hardly a game that allowed a lot of other armies to play in it, and cases like Orks and Eldar are technically not legal. In fact that were dozens of things that could only be used in 30K and never in 40K.

Ran

uhhhh....What?  30k is just 40k by another name in 7th, its the same game. 

I played literally *hundreds* of games against necrons, orks, tau, and every other kind of army. 

Ran

I played literally *hundreds* of games against necrons, orks, tau, and every other kind of army. 

The Age of Darkness rules are not supposed to be played with Necrons, Orks and Tau, because they are not part of the Age of Darkness ruleset - specially because these armies are not balanced against the Age of Darkness armies.

Ran

The Age of Darkness rules are not supposed to be played with Necrons, Orks and Tau, because they are not part of the Age of Darkness ruleset - specially because these armies are not balanced against the Age of Darkness armies.

They are fine. I have played more then enough to know.  

Every single army in 40k is perfectly fine against 30k armies. 

We just use the same force-org chart. game fits perfectly. 

the game was always balanced around T4 3+ save models, well just so happens horus heresy was designed around the same thing for some odd reason ;-) 

Ran

They are fine. I have played more then enough to know.  

Every single army in 40k is perfectly fine against 30k armies. 

We just use the same force-org chart. game fits perfectly. 

the game was always balanced around T4 3+ save models, well just so happens horus heresy was designed around the same thing for some odd reason ;-) 

What? 7th edition is well known of having horribly unbalanced armies it is one of the reasons why so many people enjoys 30K because it takes a good ruleset, but it makes armies that dont stomp over the others. You don't see a lot of post regarding "How to defeat - specific army", like in 40K (where we see - How to defeat Tau/Necron/Eldar).

Ran 

Edit:And even then, they are still not rulebound because these armies ARE NOT part of the Age of Darkness ruleset. So Forgeworld shouldn't have to worry about keeping with the 40K game armies that they never really had to worry about or play against.

Archived