8th Edition & BA

Charlo

Again everything that's come off the official site I can get behind..

I remembered second with all the modifiers and weapons cards and vehicle cards.. I'm looking forward to this Renaissance in 40k

I would expect a vidicator to be utterly deadly. Maybe doing d6 hits or more but I would expect each hit to do d3 or even d6 wounds each...

Damn I better paint one up now!

So, with templates rumored to be going away, and now those weapons just inflicting multiple wounds, how much more awesome will Vindicators be? I mean, no more landing a template over a Riptide, Carnifex, Wraithknight, etc; and doing just one wound.

That gets me thinking: do we think some weapons may have special rules like "+D3 Wounds to single model units" for plasma or "+D6 Wounds to units that have multiple models" for things like Whirlwinds or other crowd control methods?

As for Heavy Bolters....especially if they are priced appropriately, I see Heavy Bolters becoming a standard in Tactical squads....well, the ones that aren't packing all flamers, anyways.

So, with templates rumored to be going away, and now those weapons just inflicting multiple wounds, how much more awesome will Vindicators be? I mean, no more landing a template over a Riptide, Carnifex, Wraithknight, etc; and doing just one wound.

Not rumored. Confirmed. ;)

Also we don't know whether the Vindicator Blast will do multiple wounds. Multiple hits for sure, but multiple wounds....we'll see.

The sounds effects you can make while firing a heavy bolter are definitely the bestest

Not as good as Assaultcannon sounds tho. :P

Yup, 4xHVB devs, while always ok for their points, will be getting better!

At last, Vindi's will be able to do more than scratch land raiders. I think it will change though, large blast for D6 hits cannot have D6 wounds per hit also..but maybe it can!

D6 for D6 is average 12 wounds, if you don't factor in saves. They'll be good for one-shotting lighter tanks.

Oh my. My all plasma pistol sanguinary guard will have some fun.

Dante also just got better, and there's a reason to take infernus pistols on death co now!

Why plasma when you can take melta for the same price? S8 and no chance to grill yourself (unless they radically change the stats of those two weapons).

Reminder: need to buy more infernus pistols.

They're all the same price in 7th, I'd expect this to be addressed in 8th! SG infernus will be fun.

They did say things like the Imperial Knights Battlecannon will become a lot better at hitting monsters and big targets - I think it's safe to assume the Vindicator will be too.

Well that's a given since they do multiple hits already, no? 1 hit compared to d6 hit would be a real big improvement already. ;)

They did say things like the Imperial Knights Battlecannon will become a lot better at hitting monsters and big targets - I think it's safe to assume the Vindicator will be too.

Well that's a given since they do multiple hits already, no? 1 hit compared to d6 hit would be a real big improvement already. :wink:

The Knight RF Battle cannon could only ever get max 2 hits on a MC, and it was still likely to scatter. Now it will probably be two shots, each doing D6 hits for D6/D3 wounds and -2 AP.

Works very well. I'd imagine we'll have some ways to get priority activation with our unique stratagems from formations and such.

Big blobs of Death Company just became potentially very scary - always striking first, more than likely always hitting on a 3+ and able to pull more victims into the carnage <3

Our traditional combined arms approach of warfare is going to make us wonderfully versatile methinks!

This is all very good news. Gun lines are either going to have to spread out or get multi charged. The former means diluted firepower, the latter multi assaults. Even if they all fall back, that's a big chunk of the army that cannot shoot next turn.

With lascannons allowing a 5+ save for TDA, terminators might be great to eat overwatch for the rest of the army.

I think shooting will still be powerful, but when you have a dedicated assault unit or two in your opponent's lines, they will be hard to dig out if properly supported.

Brb. Off to buy more San Guard.

Still too early for me to tell yet. Will need to see the rules on deep strike, jump packs and the BA specific rules first before I make any decisions on DC and SG and see how they deal with their current weaknesses (esp vs other assault armies)

I asked the Facebook page about charges and if we retain +1 attacks on the charge. We don't, looks like you trade +1 attacks for striking first. It's going to take some getting used to!

This makes me wonder if Rage will go away or be ret conned into an entirely different special rule.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

I asked the Facebook page about charges and if we retain +1 attacks on the charge. We don't, looks like you trade +1 attacks for striking first. It's going to take some getting used to!

This makes me wonder if Rage will go away or be ret conned into an entirely different special rule.

Really? I saw someone asking that yesterday and they didn't give a straight answer. Only something like "attacking first is the only benefit we know about right now. We'll talk about it more in the future" or such.

Still too early for me to tell yet. Will need to see the rules on deep strike, jump packs and the BA specific rules first before I make any decisions on DC and SG and see how they deal with their current weaknesses (esp vs other assault armies)

Seeing as deep strike is (without additional rules) essentially worthless for an assault army, this shouldn't factor in. If they improve deep strike at all, that will be a bonus. 

Deep strike has already been improved by the changes to blast templates. Now your deep-striking blob of 10 men doesn't get hit 10 times by a battle cannon, only D6.

Seeing as deep strike is (without additional rules) essentially worthless for an assault army, this shouldn't factor in. If they improve deep strike at all, that will be a bonus. 

Deep strike has already been improved by the changes to blast templates. Now your deep-striking blob of 10 men doesn't get hit 10 times by a battle cannon, only D6.

What if GW make Battle Cannon 2D6? and even stronger templates (medusas, deathstrikes etc.)even worse multiplies of  D6?

Edited by BloodTzar

What if GW make Battle Cannon 2D6? and even stronger templates (medusas, deathstrikes etc.)even worse multiplies of  D6?

Then deepstrike stays as useless as it is currently?

I agree with Xenith.  DS is just not useful right now in 95% of games.  It's okay if you saturate with it, since something is more likely to survive that turn, but even then I find it's almost always better to just jump up the board since you have much more control over your cover.  So any changes will be good changes.

Edited by Tyriks

So morale seems strange, only 1 test per unit that has suffered casualties at the end of your turn. The same mechanic as what we have seen before. You roll a dice then add how many models were slain that turn. Any number over your ld value and you lose that many models from the unit. Brutally simple however doesn't really fit with the atsknf. Marines don't run and they certainly don't just fall over

It's not to represent them actually dying, it just is supposed to represent them running away, running a message back to higher ups or stopping to carry injured brothers back to safety, stuff like that.