Primaris and the Black Templars

Must...have...skull head. The half one would be perfect for one I've been wanting to make. Lord knows what those heads will cost on bits sites.

I might nab one for a chaplain as well.

I like each and every Character model they've released, but I still can't see one leading my Templars in the field. Maybe the Ancient could feature... Though again, my headcannon cant see a new pretender carrying the crusade's banner. Surely he hasn't earned that honour straight out of the test tube?

When I first saw the Reivers I instantly hated, the skulls especially. But I've since cooled on them. Still... not sure I'd be getting those, especially seeing as they're snap fit and not poseable. Hopefully they'll release MultiPart kits later, like they did with AOS.

I have been quiet in the shadows waiting for proper kits to be released. So far I'm not impressed.

I loath the reivers.

The captain is another big standard Ultramarine/Vannila dude

Librarian is the best one overall cause he has some robes on him at least. Shame it's a filthy witch.

The waiting will continue.

The half grenades on the chest just look stupid

@AndrewChristlieb - No its worse than that.

It looks like the grenades are full sized and fit in grenade indentions moulded into the armour. They'll be bullet traps when the grenades are used up and also the armour will be thinner there.

Imagine what happens when a Krak Grenade there gets hit!:wallbash:

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Machine God

@AndrewChristlieb - No its worse than that.

It looks like the grenades are full sized and fit in grenade indentions moulded into the armour. They'll be bullet traps when the grenades are used up and also the armour will be thinner there.

Imagine what happens when a Krak Grenade there gets hit!:wallbash:

I did. On an unprimed grenade with the pin still in? BIG FAT... NOTHING AT ALL.

https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen-if-a-sniper-shot-a-grenade-on-a-soldiers-belt

Autogun does nothing.

How about a plasma or bolter round?

Will still do nothing more than the shot would have done had there not been a grenade in the first place :tongue.:

Could be a problem if shot by a lasgun, though, as well as some of the more exotic weapons in 40k.

Edited by KhorneHunter57x

A note on the grenades on the chest - The tempestus scion models are intended to model their grenades attached to their chest (at least in the assembly booklet). The grenades aren't half grenades, and can be left out. This snap fit stuff is not what many people are interested in, and shortcuts like that are disappointing. 

I think it is truly the way someone mentioned in one of the early Primaris threads (guess it was Brohter Christopher). Primaris are intendet to attract new crowd to the hobby: Badass videogame/modern military look, easy to build, larger models with easy to paint surfaces, fewer details.

I have to be honest, I totally fall for that videogame/military look and really like those "Reivers". Fortunately I have enough confidence in my modelling skills to turn them in to something more templar (which does not mean that they'll look good :teehee:).

Ok, looks like they're going to be releasing SOME of my wish list for these guys, but snap fit? Come on GW!

Reivers seem more our style, but I'll need more on them before I run out and pick up a set. Let's see how this plays out. Absolute worst case scenario, at least we'll have some good looking skull helms to play with!

Inceptors seem, as expected, much better without those puny shields. I applaud thee for the pose on the one without the flying stand, a true eyecatcher! If i ever get to build any of these kharadron overlords primaris i'll have to steal that... ;)