Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

No reason Chaos players shouldn't be approaching this with more of a "never say die" attitude. There are tons of reasons you probably don't stand a chance. Which means a victory would be pretty epic, and a loss sort of "so what?"

my local store manager was saying that it has three factions (Imperium, Chaos and Xenos) and Xenos can choose where to place their victories on a mission by mission basis, which is fun from a tactics perspective. Everyone else is supposed to declare for Imperium or Chaos up front apparently (though i suppose if you have two stores you can get to, you could pick a different faction per store?)

Didn´t they stated in some of their first teases you where able to contribute your scores/wins/etc. online. Why do I now have to go to an official store?

Therefore I sadly won´t attend the campaign at all...Really wanted to see Ultramar burn....meh, maybe next time.

Didn´t they stated in some of their first teases you where able to contribute your scores/wins/etc. online. Why do I now have to go to an official store?

Therefore I sadly won´t attend the campaign at all...Really wanted to see Ultramar burn....meh, maybe next time.

Well how else could they make sure that you aren't making up your wins to make your faction win? I don't see any way how it could be done without being in a store.

I am just in it for the fluff and the narrative missions, which I will happily play with my mates. Any old excuse to play some more Warhammer is good with me! Not saying that I will be investing much of my hard earned money, as I already have more than enough plastic men at home!

Well how else could they make sure that you aren't making up your wins to make your faction win? I don't see any way how it could be done without being in a store.

I understand that but this doesn´t work in Austria.

95% (approximately) of the events are outside of the official stores here and that´s mainly because the GW-staff here is the worst and that there are only two official stores, both in vienna.

95% (approximately) of the events are outside of the official stores here and that´s mainly because the GW-staff here is the worst and that there are only two official stores, both in vienna.

Well, no offense but that's a problem specificly for Austria then and has nothing to do with the campaign itself. Guess depending on how close to the border you live you could always travel to germany for some games instead.

Ummm where does it say it has to be an official store? From what I can tell the map isn't updated with stores outside the UK (or maybe it just isn't loading) but even there you can see plenty of non UK stores that are participating.

Well, no offense but that's a problem specificly for Austria then and has nothing to do with the campaign itself. Guess depending on how close to the border you live you could always travel to germany for some games instead.

Of course that´s a local problem, never said anything else :)

Sadly I live far away from Germany. (at least three and a half hour to the border)

Ummm where does it say it has to be an official store? From what I can tell the map isn't updated with stores outside the UK (or maybe it just isn't loading) but even there you can see plenty of non UK stores that are participating.

When I look at the map I only get the two offical GW stores from Vienna (and one in Bratislava, because that´s as far as Vienna for me).

I will ask tomorrow at my store but it seems in Austria only the official ones are participating :(

When I look at the map I only get the two offical GW stores from Vienna (and one in Bratislava, because that´s as far as Vienna for me).

I will ask tomorrow at my store but it seems in Austria only the official ones are participating :sad.:

I believe your local store has to actually sign up to participate so yeah make sure you bug them to actually do it ;)

When I look in my area I see the Warhammer store and the large LGS in the city both on the map, but not the small LGS near my house. So it's not only GW stores, but it's not all independent retailers either. I also think independent stores had to sign up for it.

I expect it will end up like all battles, chaos eventually gets driven off at great cost though manage to achieve some lesser "it was all part of the plan" victory, RG will pull some more plot armour out of his arse to win over his brother who temporary gets banished or sent packing. The fact only Space marines have their full codex and army release really shows the odds are in their favour whilst Mortarion is nowhere to be seen. Though nothing would make me more happy than see every ultramarine fan boy cry out in anguish as their precious 1 out of 500 worlds is destroyed, can't be bothered taking part especialy with our codex and primarch still unreoleased though even if I wanted to I cant since I live no where near an official store to log results

Edited by Plaguecaster

RG will pull some more plot armour out of his arse...

He'd consume the Deathguard with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Played my first Fate of Konor game today, it was a lot of fun. My Sisters of Battle defeated Chaos Marines (Nurgle) with a score of 4 to 2. For the painting part of the campaign I am working on a new Predator for my Space Marines.

Edited by Montford981

Played my first Fate of Konor game today, it was a lot of fun. My Sisters of Battle defeated Chaos Marines (Nurgle) with a score of 4 to 2. For the painting part of the campaign I am working on a new Predator for my Space Marines.

Isn't the campaign supposed to begin on the 27th?

Isn't the campaign supposed to begin on the 27th?

No idea. All I can say is the shop was wall to wall 40K and that's good. :)

Nice to know with the codex leaks the outcome is basically already decided with Morty and his legion sent packing whilst Guilliman is once again off to slay traitors single handily with his awesomeness whilst the Ultramarines launch a crusade to reclaim more worlds and punch some Orks in the face so obviously no matter the outcome it's nothing serious enough the Ultramarines barely care and are off doing what they do best showing everyone else how much better they are

Ultramarine fluff always makes me want to throw up

Edited by Plaguecaster

Nice to know with the codex leaks the outcome is basically already decided with Morty and his legion sent packing whilst Guilliman is once again off to slay traitors single handily with his awesomeness whilst the Ultramarines launch a crusade to reclaim more worlds and punch some Orks in the face so obviously no matter the outcome it's nothing serious enough the Ultramarines barely care and are off doing what they do best showing everyone else how much better they are

I mean the Campaign has always been about the Fate of Konor, not the fate of the Plague Wars.

i will be participating at my store in so far that if i have an elligible model that i am working on, i will submit it to be scored towards the imperium. i cannot however say much about me playing in the events. i work a precious schedule and while i do now have people to play with i wont really get much time. between now and the end of july i get maybe 1 day off.

i have registered at my store as the dark angels. meaning my ravenguard will sit out the proceedings as will my adeptus mechanicus

I mean the Campaign has always been about the Fate of Konor, not the fate of the Plague Wars.

the plague wars are happening in the realm of the Ultramarines where Konor is, so if Morty and his legion have been driven off giving the Ultramarines time to reinforce the region and then later off on a new crusade then Obviously Konor has been resolved and was nothing too serious especially since Morty who was leading the whole campaign on the chaos side is no longer around (not that he ever was modelwise) since he escaped as the Ultramarines wouldn't start something completely different if Morty was still active in the region