Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

Oops it was 4 Tetrarchs even though there are technically 5 sectors. This explains it best:

Ultramar is currently divided into five sectors (North, South, East, West and Center). Four of these sectors is ruled by a Tetrarch appointed by Guilliman himself. Every sector has a capital world where the Tertrarch resides, although each world considers itself under the rule of Maccrage.

• The Northern Sector is based around the Forge World of Konor. It's Tetrarch is Severus Agemman, First Captain of the Ultramarines.

• The Southern Sector is based around the world of Andermung. It's Tetrarch is Second Captain Portan of the Genesis Chapter.

• The Western Sector is based around the world of Protos. It's Tetrarch is Captain Balthus of the Doom Eagles.

• The Eastern Sector is based around the world of Vespator. It had been previously ruled by a political entity known as the Sotharan league, but since Sotha was destroyed by Hive Fleet Kraken, Guilliman re-constituted what was left of the league around Vespator. It's Tetrarch is Captain Felix, a Primaris Ultramarine.

The Central Sector falls under the direct rule of Maccrage and its regent, Marneus Calgar. It encompasses all systems in the heart of Ultramar with the exception of Konor, Veridia and Espandor which falls under the remit of the Northern Tetrarch.

Tetrarchs are supposed to be secondary leaders under a higher power if I understand the concept correctly. Since the central sector houses Maccrage and as such is the most important subrealm of Ultramar, it makes sense that the rulers of the four remaining ones are subordinates to Marneus.

Like the Iron Warriors tetrarchs were (a far as I can guess) working for the higher power that was Perturabo.

Thanks for explaining that. It does not look in any way that Gman is keeping a hidden legion there :ph34r.:

Yep. He brought in 8 newly formed Ultramarine successor Primaris Space Marine Chapters to permanently station in Ultramar itself and pledged to fully reinforce the Scythes of the Emperor with Primaris Marines as well.

So, including the Ultramarines and the Scythes of the Emperor, he plans a total of 10,000 (8,000 of which are Primaris) Marines to defend Ultramar at all times in the future. Another thing he did was replace all the human planetary governors on the planets the Astartes are stationed with SM commanders. 

No one significant will die and nothing changes the trajectory of the storyline they have in place and want you to believe you could possibly sway it in any direction other than one that has been predetermined

And we all will die, too

No one significant will die and nothing changes the trajectory of the storyline they have in place and want you to believe you could possibly sway it in any direction other than one that has been predetermined

quite

people will still lap up this swill, however

quite

people will still lap up this swill, however

Yes yes, I'm sure it's all just a sinister plan to dupe the kids and ruin the hobby for everyone...

Hello

I like the idea of this, anything to give people an incentive to paint their models is good.

I've painted pretty much nothing since you posted that.

Where as I look guiltily over at my half-assembled Grey Knights, knowing that I specifically started collecting the army because of this campaign...

Edited by BluegrassGamer

That was my thinking too, Slave. But in the end, I'm too lazy for that xD

I'd rather have a game with friends and beers than fake stuff.

Friends... I used to have those once. :lol:

Hello

I like the idea of this, anything to give people an incentive to paint their models is good.

I've painted pretty much nothing since you posted that.

Im still to pick up a brush since the last ETL ended.

Thanks for explaining that. It does not look in any way that Gman is keeping a hidden legion there :ph34r.:

Yep. He brought in 8 newly formed Ultramarine successor Primaris Space Marine Chapters to permanently station in Ultramar itself and pledged to fully reinforce the Scythes of the Emperor with Primaris Marines as well.

So, including the Ultramarines and the Scythes of the Emperor, he plans a total of 10,000 (8,000 of which are Primaris) Marines to defend Ultramar at all times in the future. Another thing he did was replace all the human planetary governors on the planets the Astartes are stationed with SM commanders. 

Funny. Wasn't Horus' tantrum in part over mere mortal humans steadily being given leadership roles in administrating/governing conquered worlds over Astartes?

Really makes you think. 

Edited by Arbitration

That was my thinking too, Slave. But in the end, I'm too lazy for that xD

I'd rather have a game with friends and beers than fake stuff.

Friends... I used to have those once. :laugh.:

Added you as a f®iend for saying that.

Time to do the 'Chaos hapy dance' now. You know the one, we all did it after team chaos won the ETL... Again. :p

The real victory in this campaign will be if the Chaos forces start winning and GW is able to restrain itself from all deus ex machina shenanigans a la the Eye of Terror campaign. Even if the Imperial forces are later able to stage a comeback and win.

That said, hopefully the Chaos forces will be as coordinated as they were during EoT and pull out a victory in the face of long odds. 

The real victory in this campaign will be if the Chaos forces start winning and GW is able to restrain itself from all deus ex machina shenanigans a la the Eye of Terror campaign. Even if the Imperial forces are later able to stage a comeback and win.

That said, hopefully the Chaos forces will be as coordinated as they were during EoT and pull out a victory in the face of long odds. 

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW IT WILL ALL HAPPEN, LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this post that went under the radar...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/01/the-fate-of-konor-the-muster-begins-now-july1gw-homepage-post-1/

40kKonorHeader.jpg

"Konor’s darkest hour is almost at hand. Make ready your forces, steel your spirit and prepare for war – battle is only a few weeks away.

The new edition has seen thousands of players come together to play games and to share in the 41st Millennium, writing stories of heroism, betrayal and bloodshed on tabletops around the world. Soon, you’ll have the chance to join these stories together in the Fate of Konor, our massive global campaign. Over 6 weeks, players will battle to defend or to destroy Konor, a crucial Forge World in the Realm of Ultramar. Konor could be a pillar upon which a resurgent Imperium of Man could stand or if it falls, a rotting, rusted nail in the coffin of an already faltering empire.

40kWarzoneUltramarArt1.jpg

There’s a range of ways to take part in the campaign, and the best players will have to prove their mastery in all aspects of the hobby to claim victory for their side. As well as points for winning games, starting from now, any models you build and paint for the campaign will count towards your side’s score, so even if you’re not a tournament-tier gamer, you still have a valuable contribution to make.

If you want to take your place in the campaign, now is the time to prepare. Dust off your old models, touch up your paint jobs, sharpen up your army lists – with every week deciding the fate of a different planet in the Konor System, every game counts, and you’ll want to get involved as soon as possible.

40kKonorMap.jpg

The battle begins on July the 29th. We’ll see you there."

Ooooookay, so this whole "starting now, any models you build and paint will count towards your side" thing.  I can't seem to find a link or anything, which suggests it's an honor system (or else they're talking out their :cuss es).  The first is ridiculously open to abuse, the second is plain not cool.

It likely involves purchasing from an actual GW store (at least from what I've heard). The entire system is open to abuse, they just want to sell some models. :tongue.:

edit: checked my local GW's FB page, and yeah they have a system where you purchase a unit, register it and then if that unit is painted you get points. Not sure if it works differently elsewhere

Edited by Marshal Loss

I'm relatively certain that the law few times they tried to run an honour system it didn't go according to plan. Mind you, the last few times you had members of the community actively exploiting the systems they had in place.

I was part of the Chaos team that "exploited the system" and won the EoT campaign.  I'm not working within the system (which is exactly what we did by manipulating the waterfalling control percentages -- remember, triggering those waterfalls wouldn't have been possible if we weren't actually winning games!).  I'm worried about people claiming they've painted 30,000 points of models while I'm reporting my measly 1,000 points because I'm honest, and my faction loses because of it.