Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

You guys seem fairly confident that the loyalists will win lol. Most of the Ultramarine players I know are panicking quite a bit.

One of my friends moved all her college classes up to July so she can dedicate all of August to scoring points for the loyalists with her Guilliman/Primaris models.

You don't need to be a bitter cynic to do math. [All Loyalist SM Combined] > [Nurgle CSM]. Unless GW goes to extreme lengths to fudge the numbers, Chaos can't possibly win. 

The numbers are definitely tilted in the Imperium's favor, but according to this it's not just Nurgle CSM, and xenos players can disrupt either side as they see fit.

It really depends on how the xenos players look at it.  Can their (sub)faction "win" the campaign?  No, no they can't.  In which case, why bother?  Does the player care enough about the game's story to try to tilt things either for or against Chaos or the Imperium?  If no, see above.  If yes, they can swing the results.

If I was planning on playing my Eldar, for example, then yes I would want to participate because story-wise from the view of the Eldar, defeating Chaos is very important.  But I'm not, I'm going Chaotic for this one.

xenos players can disrupt either side as they see fit.

But they have nothing to gain, so I'm not sure why they'd bother.

None of us really have anything to "gain."  An Imperium victory is almost assured, and it's doubtful a victory for Chaos would result in any meaningful benefit to Chaos players beyond bragging rights. 

Unless you're talking fluff-wise, in which case I believe it's demonstrably untrue that certain factions would feel they have nothing to gain or lose in the outcome of an Imperium vs Chaos conflict.

It's just some added context to play in.  Added motivation to finish up some units that have been sitting on the shelf.  A means to participate with the global gaming community if you're so inclined.  I suppose if one is already involved in a juicy campaign with a local club this campaign has little appeal, but it sounds like good fun otherwise.

So, the loyalists are going to get a proper Codex with deeper rules, relics, commands etc just in time for the campaign.

What chance! Totally unplanned! :P

Just like the first painting challenge of the campaign being "paint a Start Collecting: Space Marines".

GW hasn't already picked a winner. Nuh-uh. 

Well, it doesn't matter.

Konor will burn.

Your corpse-Emperor and your zombie-Primarch will not save you.

So, the loyalists are going to get a proper Codex with deeper rules, relics, commands etc just in time for the campaign.

What chance! Totally unplanned! :tongue.:

Just like the first painting challenge of the campaign being "paint a Start Collecting: Space Marines".

GW hasn't already picked a winner. Nuh-uh. 

Well, it doesn't matter.

Konor will burn.

Your corpse-Emperor and your zombie-Primarch will not save you.

Yes because Khârn has not been resurrected like a dozen times by now lol

• 2 weeks later...

You're probably right about the sales, Ishagu, but I've arranged with my local GW to count everything I purchase/build/paint towards the Chaos tally, and have been encouraging others to do the same. Big Bobby G has been rescuing everyone everywhere in the new fluff, even the Blood Angels and their successors at Baal, and it's about time he came down a peg, IMHO.

I say this as a staunch loyalist - The Imperium's been due for a big loss for a while, and it's beyond time it actually happened.

But we already know that chaos lost ? In the fluff, because I don't think people hope for a nurgle[sub faction of all chaos] winning vs whole empire[ with a new codex for marines]. I don't understand events like this, or the one AoS had, are they ment for painters to show off or something?

But we already know that chaos lost ? In the fluff, because I don't think people hope for a nurgle[sub faction of all chaos] winning vs whole empire[ with a new codex for marines]. I don't understand events like this, or the one AoS had, are they ment for painters to show off or something?

They are meant for GW to earn quick money and for people who don't exactly think campaigns like this through to have some fun.

I'm probably playing my Orks instead of my Alphas. I tend to lean toward the cynical, with Chaos already predetermined to lose (isn't the GK codex next up?). I'll fight whomever, and report the battle appropriately. 

I'm not in this to win. I'm in it for the WAAAAAGH.

Imperium will win with ease :-D

The Primaris sales will be through the roof.

Guilliman lists will overcome Chaos oppositions :-D

#trolling?

It's not trolling if everybody knows it's going to be like that already.

Any campaign where sales count is going to result in an Imperial victory, especially when Xenos players can count their wins for 'em as well. 

#trolling?

It's not trolling if everybody knows it's going to be like that already.

Any campaign where sales count is going to result in an Imperial victory, especially when Xenos players can count their wins for 'em as well. 

It's why im considering using my wolves to fight for chaos, just to make sure guilli loses

#trolling?

You're the only Ultramarines player I met who's so calm about this. Most of the ones I know on fan sites are in full blown panic over this and a lot of them are complaining that GW might destroy a major world of Ultramar just for the sake of a player event.