8th Ed Tactics thread

Chimera autocannon turrets lose out to Taurox autocannons - 2 shots against 4 shots for less points. I'd rather stick with the multi-laser/heavy bolter combination or heavy bolter/heavy bolter combination for fire support.

Is the Chimera still a command vehicle? My Index is at home.

Unfortunately no. 

I feel the Chimera is the actual transport first, and fire support second.

The Taurox is a gun platform that happens to have the option to transport things.

In most missions, camping your deployment zone isn't really an option. You have to go forward. The dual flamer Chimera is one of the best tools for exactly that. 

Eh, the Taurox can also take a stubber/storm bolter.

Still, T7 makes a significant difference versus S6 and S7 weapons, and the extra capacity allows more flexibility. That's basically the difference. Since neither vehicle ignore modifiers for moving and firing heavy weapons, the load-out difference is not a huge thing.

Heavy flamers are crap for their cost and range.

Edited by Withershadow

Never! The Gorgon is the best transport!

*ahem*

My current Guard army - Force Z - has 4 Tauroxes and 7 Chimeras. The Taurox has a role, but the Chimera is a better all round platform and a proper armoured infantry fighting vehicle. The Taurox is an APC first and foremost, really there to get a squad from A to B and give a bit of fire support on the way.

The Salamander command vehicle gives a vehicle within 6'' a +1 to hit in the shooting phase.  This means an executioner with 2 plasma sponsons cannot roll 1's for the purpose of overcharging while this thing is around.

For 100 points with a heavy flamer and heavy bolter it makes them more interesting for sure.

Also having an Officer of the Fleet running around is alot more enticing when they can give reroll 1's for all fliers against a target now, especially considering the amount of pain 6 lascannon Vendettas and BS 3+ 40 shot Vultures bring now.

Any idea what the Trojan support vehicle does now? I got one specifically to give Leman Russ Executioners preferred enemy in 7th.

I can't finde the Salamander on the Forge World site anymore. Is it still available?

Any idea what the Trojan support vehicle does now? I got one specifically to give Leman Russ Executioners preferred enemy in 7th.

I can't finde the Salamander on the Forge World site anymore. Is it still available?

I'll just leave this here:

https://imgur.com/a/9gfAe#BJhnl81

Nothing about Krieg??

Nothing about Krieg??

They have a universal rule now called 'Cult of Sacrifice' which means they don't take morale checks against shooting.  Pretty darn nice.  Also a special characters but I don't know what he does yet.

Nothing about Krieg??

Anything in particular you're after? I've got the index sat in front of me

Nothing about Krieg??

They have a universal rule now called 'Cult of Sacrifice' which means they don't take morale checks against shooting.  Pretty darn nice.  Also a special characters but I don't know what he does yet.

Nothing about Krieg??

Aye, I've read about this, but how many points? Have you any pic of their index, such the previous?

Nothing about Krieg??

They have a universal rule now called 'Cult of Sacrifice' which means they don't take morale checks against shooting. Pretty darn nice. Also a special characters but I don't know what he does yet.

Nothing about Krieg??

They have a universal rule now called 'Cult of Sacrifice' which means they don't take morale checks against shooting. Pretty darn nice. Also a special characters but I don't know what he does yet.

Aye, I've read about this, but how many points? Have you any pic of their index, such the previous?

*cough* http://imgur.com/a/NfcUr

You people posting those imgur links act like everyone can read them. Not everyone can access them.

Truesight- Its pretty well established its a natural 1 that causes the boom on overcharge, not modified. Unless GW FAQ'd it and I didn't notice.

Thanks guys, great stuff :) Can we have the Crassus transport rules though please :)

Garlon: "You people"? That's an odd way to spell thank you!

And it's unmodified in 8th, so assuming that no negative modifiers are in place that would stop Plasma going boom.

You people posting those imgur links act like everyone can read them. Not everyone can access them.

Truesight- Its pretty well established its a natural 1 that causes the boom on overcharge, not modified. Unless GW FAQ'd it and I didn't notice.

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

Seems you missed one.  Check out the 5th question.