NTaW's Thokt Dynasty

NTaW

• 1 month later...

I managed to sneak a moment of time in for my Necrons, though not really in the painting or building category. Still some tweaking to go on sizing but since there will be gaps anyway to putty over I'm not sure it matters too much to me plus I only have 7 models to change over.

50mm base Wraiths and Nightbringer here I come!

50501183878_2c85c5d5d0_z.jpg

• 2 years later...

Well that was a fun little hiatus on my Necron army. I sold all my unpainted stuff so I'm a lot closer to being done now at least! I still have just over 3k points so I don't think it's a small collection per se, but having 6k+ points was feeling a bit redundant. I kept a couple unpainted Destroyers with the intent of having two squads each with a heavy but since that squad type is no longer a thing those two are up for conversion. My existing LHDs have Stalker heavy gauss cannons on them but I've always wanted the older Finecast style. Since I've now committed to the oldness of my army, enter 3d printing to fill in the gap. It took me a few hours of design and a few test prints for scale but I'm pretty happy with what I've ended up with.

53177250206_64d072aa39_c.jpg

Now I'm somewhat torn between replacing my existing conversions with these for a consistent counts-as gauss destructor or leaving them to be count-as enmitic exterminators. I'll definitely be playing the destructors more often than not in my games but it saddens me to break apart painted models.

In any case I've signed up for a league with the potential of actually hauling myself out for the tournament at the end so I have to get the last few models of this collection finished over the next few weeks. I think the thing that will take the absolute longest is rebasing all the now-32mm infantry I have.

• 1 month later...

OOH someone woke from their Slumber... (I know the Feeling, I just dusted off a 4 years ago project so I won't be throwing any stones :laugh:

I like the Old school style  Heavy Gauss :thumbsup:  I'd make them all look the same ( but that's just me). I hope you leave that bluish tinted part unpainted to look like old school Necron Gauss Rod. 

Good to see your doing a league, although re basing is always a damn pain in the Proverbial... are you making new bases or using those printable add on clip type parts??...

Cheers, M. 

On 10/18/2023 at 10:35 PM, Mumeishi said:

OOH someone woke from their Slumber... (I know the Feeling, I just dusted off a 4 years ago project so I won't be throwing any stones :laugh:

As I get closer to 30 years collecting I try not to think of models I've had unpainted for longer than my kids have been alive :laugh: It's a lifelong hobby, right? No rush :yes:

I like the Old school style  Heavy Gauss :thumbsup:  I'd make them all look the same ( but that's just me). I hope you leave that bluish tinted part unpainted to look like old school Necron Gauss Rod.

Thanks! I had the thought my original HDs could likely proxy for the other new weapon's profile but I don't see me ever using it. I think I will make them the same, though I've noticed that I have to do a few more small tweaks to the file to make them fit a bit better. Right now the gun doesn't quite fit around the Destroyer's pauldron so they are all aimed a little to "up" for my liking. They'll get painted the same as the rest of the energy glow in my army though, that's one thing that will be consistent across the collection.

Good to see your doing a league, although re basing is always a damn pain in the Proverbial... are you making new bases or using those printable add on clip type parts??...

I unfortunately only got two games into the league's total of six when life found a way to interfere with my plans. I had to drop out but I'm still chipping away a few minutes here and there on the last few models. I used adapters for the bases that I got from ttadapters.com, though printing them would have taken about the same effort. I've had to change the snow effect that I'm using so I won't just be doing the edges really, but covering the existing snow and the edges with the new stuff.