Our very own chapter focus! :>

Kua

So for successor chapters, you still need the same key words. So you can use the RG rules, but this is done by saving they are chapter (raven guard). 

Where this breaks down is with FW. If you want to use Lias, you will need to take a separate detachment with chapter (Raptors). These guys wouldn't get the RG rules...

I'm also really interested to see how the stratagem is written. Is it a deployment like Aeldari Rangers? So you deploy after deployment but at the beginning of the first battle round? Because, if so you, you get to move and and charge, which is insanely powerful. 

IF that's the case, I am crazy excited for this RG set. 

IF you can only charge... it's ok, but we already get that with units like Jumpers. It will be used more for shooting units. 

I'm convinced - I now want to repurpose my old marine army into Raven Guard rather than selling them for Scions. Will start stripping them asap, but I was wondering if anybody knew the paint colours that were used in the chapter focus screenshots. It didn't look pure white on a few of those models, but they all looked super slick. 

There's a couple of videos on Warhammer TV on doing black and white.

I'm fairly sure at least one of the white ones was done for RG, could possibly the paints you're chasing?
The video in question was relatively recent too so you shouldn't have to dig too far back for it.

So for successor chapters, you still need the same key words. So you can use the RG rules, but this is done by saving they are chapter (raven guard). 

Where this breaks down is with FW. If you want to use Lias, you will need to take a separate detachment with chapter (Raptors). These guys wouldn't get the RG rules...

Let's wait for the full rules then. In 7th, there was a paragraph about how known successors get the Chapter Tactics of their chapter of origin, and every unknown one can be chosen. In this case, if FW doesn't release their own CT, this could mean that the RG keyword in the rule is exchanged for whatever other chapter keyword your dudes have. As said, no one knows anything definitive just yet, only the internet rage (thankfully not here) is certain. :biggrin.:

I'm convinced - I now want to repurpose my old marine army into Raven Guard rather than selling them for Scions. Will start stripping them asap, but I was wondering if anybody knew the paint colours that were used in the chapter focus screenshots. It didn't look pure white on a few of those models, but they all looked super slick. 

So first and foremost never use white to paint something "white". It looks cheap and primed. Always go light grey on dark grey. Or you can go up the blue whites like space wolve grey is a blue white. Or go light tan up through bone white. Or like cryx  or death guard is more of green white. But none of them are white. 

IF you use white at all, it's on the highlight tips. I wouldn't even edge in white. 

I wish someone had told me that years ago :p

Let's wait for the full rules then. In 7th, there was a paragraph about how known successors get the Chapter Tactics of their chapter of origin, and every unknown one can be chosen. In this case, if FW doesn't release their own CT, this could mean that the RG keyword in the rule is exchanged for whatever other chapter keyword your dudes have. As said, no one knows anything definitive just yet, only the internet rage (thankfully not here) is certain. :biggrin.:

Well. Cheers to hoping. I would love to run "Lias" in my Raven Guard :p

Slightly off topic, yet relevant to it:

How exactly can people be complaining about CHANGES to the rules when the rules being complained about are brand new?

Especially when GW made it abundantly clear that the index rules were simply placeholder rules to get everyone playing.

Is anyone honestly surprised that vanilla Marines got the first Codex (and will logically end up with the first outdated codex)?

I just find it difficult to swallow that GW would give one less popular chapter that large of an advantage without having something in mind to counter it already up their sleeves.

As far as the actual rules go? I can play fluffy Raven Guard that doesn't suck? Where do I sign before they nerf it?

GW has been terrible with balance in the past. They're not some savant or an entity with tzeentchian planning; 7th grey knights, orks, BAs, and DE are drastically different from SM or DA. Even in 8th there's some wild off pointed units and unbalance so far. We can only go by what we know, not some abstract promise

So someone got a copy of the book here https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2017/07/21/review-codex-space-marines-datacards/

Our stratagem is for Raven Guard Infantry, so no Dreads getting moved up, but its a straight up deployment, meaning you can move and charge. Also no primaris or terminator or centurion restriction. 1CP per dude.

Way less restrictive than I thought and way cheaper to use

Man, you think he took such potato photos on purpose? Probably to avoid getting sued I'd guess. Thanks for sharing the leak! You can see the RG relic as well:

"The bearer of the Raven's Fury may Advance and Charge in the same turn. Furthermore, they can re-roll failed charge rolls."

That's a bit awkward since it'll just be the HQ that can charge many units, any supporting units probably won't make it. Maybe the plan is to get in there (Warlord Trait to avoid overwatch), tie up shooting, survive two(!) rounds of fighting and then your supporting models can charge in? I'm dubious.

Glad to see no armour restriction on that stratagem, my Centurions will be in your face real quick ;) Also a buff for Primaris marines rolling with us, avoids you having to buy that crazy ugly grav-tank to get them anywhere. On top of their 30" range letting them rapid fire outside of the 12" -1 to hit, we seem like prime(aris) candidates for implantation... But yeah the major standout is jump pack marines, a 9" move and charge is nothing on turn 1 (that's basically guaranteed), plus, with the Fly keyword you can jet over people's bubblewrap if they leave any 1" gaps between their spicy targets and the wall of bodies. Time to start painting...

In matched play theres a restriction on using the same stratagem during the turn but what about pregame? Can we infiltrate multiple units or just one?

Also stalker intercessors is amazing im so happy.

Reivers...holy moly.

Literal plethora of deployment options. Grav Chutes for Deepstrike. Grapnels for free vertical movement (huge!!!!) and outflank. SftS for us ;)

@Nusq the restriction is for any specific phase and explicitly doesn't affect things happen before the game begins, at the end of a turn, or otherwise do not have a phase