Codex wishes

Atrus

This is why we're not seeimg them yet. An entire army line in one box? Wheres the money in that? Says GW. Gotta have multiple boxes of stuff with stuff missing in the so as to sell more boxes and make more money /salt.

Srsly. One box to rule them all.

But they could do that.

You know.

Celestian/Sisters,
Dominions/Retributors,
Seraphim
Canoness clampack
Rhino/Repressor
Immolator/Exorcist

That's 5 boxes, 1 character, and they could add to that - Dialogus, Hospitaller and Imagifer clampacks if they wanted.

I mean, I picked up Sisters 2 years ago because I loved the models, and I stand by that. The range is 20 years old, but I'm kinda proud of how good they look despite their age.

New plastics would be awesome, but only if they look basically just like the current range, but with more dynamic posing and the cleaner edges that plastic provides. Anything else would just be a disappointment, imo. So, I don't know if I really want plastics, because GW might screw it up, and even worse accompany it with some unpleasant (for me) fluff changes (who knows). Plus, isn't there just something nice about the heft of a metal model? :D

Edit: Except Repentia. I take issue with the current Repentia sculpts. I'm absolutely fine (and actually kinda attached to) their fluff as-is, I just don't like the models, and I've yet to see a 3rd part model that represents them any better.

Edited by Servant of Dante

I mean, I picked up Sisters 2 years ago because I loved the models, and I stand by that. The range is 20 years old, but I'm kinda proud of how good they look despite their age.

New plastics would be awesome, but only if they look basically just like the current range, but with more dynamic posing and the cleaner edges that plastic provides. Anything else would just be a disappointment, imo. So, I don't know if I really want plastics, because GW might screw it up, and even worse accompany it with some unpleasant (for me) fluff changes (who knows). Plus, isn't there just something nice about the heft of a metal model? :D

Edit: Except Repentia. I take issue with the current Repentia sculpts. I'm absolutely fine (and actually kinda attached to) their fluff as-is, I just don't like the models, and I've yet to see a 3rd part model that represents them any better.

I agree. Although, I don't mind the Repentia, the idea of the sculpts is cool, stripped of your armor and symbol of position, they have only their robes to protect them and cover them. But they could have executed it a little better, a little less bdsm.

The main reason I'd want plastic is the lower cost. I want to run a full seraphim army at some point, but at a dollar a point, (without updgrades), it's a little tough. Especially since they don't have an inferno pistol model.

In all honesty, with the wat geedubs has been pricing their new primaris models and such, i dont think plastics would really be released any cheaper than what they urrently are...

I was thinking today that a Troops Choice with a 10 model limit and armed with Bolt Rifles would be a useful addition. Limit their Special Weapons to 1, and disallow Heavy Weapons. (Or limit Heavy Weapons to 1 and disallow Special Weapons). This will keep the current Battle Sisters Troop choice relevant.

Plastics - we know from Celestine that they are extremely faithful to the existing metals; if you put the Geminae Superior next to a Seraphim they look basically identical (although the Super Twin is more animated).

Repentia can't be worse; and frankly I'd like to see them done more faithfully to the 3rd edition artwork - needles through their eyes, shaved heads, parchments pinned to them to cover their nudity, etc.

As for price, £35 for 10 is probable and frankly £15 cheaper than the existing metal squad.

Plastic Seraphim are my dearest wish to be honest.

To me they look more in-scale really! Compared to the cartoon proportions of the Cadians for example... or indeed almost anything else GW currently produces.

It's all just Heroic Scale shenanigans ;)

Yes, I would love repentia that were closer to the artwork.  Also, don't get me wrong, if plastics come out I will totally buy them all.  Celestine and the geminae are fantastic sculpts, and like you said are still really true to the sister's aesthetic.  I'll just be sad about the metals being gone.  I guess since I'm from Portland my inner hipster is showing or something, there is just something about being the last all metal army that GW produces that makes me like the sculpts even more. :tongue.:

Oh, I absolutely agree, I loves me my metals, but the plastics will make the Seraphim sooooo much easier to a) buy and :cool.: use on the tabletop! :biggrin.:

Though done in the style of the gemini they might be a bit more difficult to transport. Those scrolls are quite a snap-risk.

I haven't found them to be a problem - I weighted the bases with a penny piece and they fit nicely if snugly in a single slot in my old style GW carry case foam. I do like the scrolls but I bet you pounds to pennies that in future jump pack troops will end up with the Inceptor style stands.

I like the Gemeni, I just think that their limbs are way too narrow to include a human leg and full-strength power armour. But that's a relatively minor complaint. I love the Celestine model, except that the wings look off to me. Too clean (too few hard edges maybe) or something, but i talked about that when the model came out.

Hey, at least we didn't become finecast!  Honestly for me, I prefer to work on metal over resin.  Plus I have only had a couple miscasts in metal and a lot more in finecast.  I will say that vehicles in metal are nightmares, I still have an unbuilt penitent engine on my desk that I am putting off! 

I suspect that this will be an unpopular opinion, but I would like to see them do away with the "holy trinity" of weapons. It makes no sense from a fluff perspective. "Holy trinity" is a Christian thing and there's no reason for it in 40k's religion. On top of that, we already have plasma pistols that break the rules.

I want plasma Dominions and a Plasma Immolator. Still burning heretics, but giving an extra option

I suspect that this will be an unpopular opinion...

Youre right. *primes flamer*

Last thing i want is more plasma. Whats next? Las cannons? Of feth lets loose all pretense and just call ourselves frikking spahz muhreenz!

*deep breath*

*exhale*

Upgrades or at least something to buff up flamer, melta and bolter would be cool. Extra range, higher strength, flamers ignori g cover again. Something to show the sisters historical and very identifying speciality of the sisters.

Ive said it before and will say it again. "Identity" for us, not just marines lite.

Edit: ha! Just realised that we have a trimity for bolt weapons- heavy (hb) assault (sb) and rapid fire (bolter). Id be okay with a rapid fire variants of flamer and melta weapons for us :p

Edited by Atrus