Codex wishes

Atrus

I don't know that it would be a good idea to allow AoFs at any time other than the start of the turn, but eh.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of gaining that big of a bonus for killing a psyker. I like the idea of bonus resistance to psychic powers, but getting an AoF for killing one is a rule that does absolutely nothing against non-psyker lists, and gives a disproportionate advantage against psyched heavy lists. I guess it might make sense as a strategems? Since you'd have to spend a CP or 2 that way.

Well if 1CP gets a single squad of Imperial Fists extra hits on a 6 to hit when firing bolters, I don't think 2CP for a 50/50 chance at an AoF is too much... perhaps a 3+ chance then, as it's between the Army wide 2+ AoF and an Imagifer's 4+.

If im spending 2 CPs i want something more reliable, like 2+ or auto :/. 50% chance to work paying 2 CPs feels expensive to me.

2 CPs gets a whole extra phase of shooting or assault in the chaos book (AFAIK) - so 2 CPs for a faith power is well within the 8e balance ballpark.

(edit - extra phase for one unit that is)

Edited by A.T.

So, using the chaos book as template, 2 cps for a free act of faith after killing a character sounds similar in the power balance.

That has a pre-requisite though.

Using the chaos book as a template it's just 2CP = get your free action, no strings attached.

Miracles. I know there are some here thay dont like faith to be miraculous but rather just displays of will and determination; thats cool to each their own. Personally i like the idea of actual inexplicable miracles happening.

I had an idea before the i dex and new faith dropped for there to be a system of faith and miracles. For each AoF passed accrued one miracle point which could be saved up throughout the game to spend on a couple of miracles. For example a squad could reroll all failed armour saves for a phase for 5 miracle points or gain and invo save equal to their armour for a phase for 7 points.

But that is all moot now.

Id still like for even just one faith per order that can be considered miraculous and not just another Ynnari lite ability.

I think that would be pretty cool.  Since new codices are getting their psychic tables expanded, it would be pretty nice to get some extra acts of faith.  I think it would also be cool to see some of the old acts of faith come back as stratagems for us to spend our command points on, as well as some new stratagems too obviously.

I'd be fine with more AoFs, though there is a certain symmetry that is appealing in the 4 that we have now

but when you say "some people don't like miraculous AoFs" . . . you're mostly talking about me, on the B&C :D

I think it's always good to be reminded that Acts of Faith have always been very hazy on how they work. Is it divine intervention? Is it faith inspiring incredible acts of valour? Is it just sheer luck? Who knows. It leaves plenty of room for us to have our own preferences.

Outside of the Dark Heresy games, that is. That's just straight up Space Magic.

Yeah, a Strategem might be more sensible.

2CP on killing a <Psyker> with an <Order> unit gets you an extra AoF on a 4+?

Yeah, no. The stipulation is so harsh that even if you do get it A) You won't use it because that's a terrible use of command points or B ) You won't remember it exists a la shield of faith deny the witch.

Just make the SoF deny 1d6+2 and call it good.

Yeah, a Strategem might be more sensible.

2CP on killing a <Psyker> with an <Order> unit gets you an extra AoF on a 4+?

Yeah, no. The stipulation is so harsh that even if you do get it A) You won't use it because that's a terrible use of command points or B ) You won't remember it exists a la shield of faith deny the witch.

Just make the SoF deny 1d6+2 and call it good.

I think it ended up being 1CP spent after killing an enemy <Psyker> <Character> with a unit that has <Order> gets you an AoF on 3+. ;)

In looking back over this thread I remembered the Warhammer TV video which sparked so many rumors for plastic sisters. That came out in October last year, so perhaps this October we might see a new Codex containing Sisters and a line of plastic models.

Maybe :)

I just want to see a Codex.

At this point even a single box of plastic Sisters would be worthy of rejoicing and joy.

But!

I would prefer to see a release like this:

Codex: Adeptus Ministorum
Clampack Canoness
Plastic Sister box - makes Celestians and Sisters

Plastic Sister box - makes Dominions and Retributors
Plastic Seraphim

That's it. That's literally it. That's basically every unit we need, save the Imagifers etc and with some bits in the boxes you could even have it so your box of Sisters will build Imagifers/Hospitallers/Dialogus.

They already make the tanks. In terms of sprues the only serious difference between the basic Sisters/Celestian box would be extra special/heavy weapons in the Dom/Ret box - they could theoretically use the same sprues of bodies and heads and legs ... and just add in a sprue of heavy weapons. After all the standard box could come with 2 SB, 2 melta, 2 flamer and a combi-bolter.

OH MY GOD-EMPEROR THIS IS SUCH A SIMPLE RELEASE ARRRGH JUST DO IT GW, JUST DO IT ALREADY

Sisters as an army, if I recall correctly are 20 years old this year. Who knows, perhaps this year is the year? :laugh.:

First models for sale in the July WD 1997. The codex and first part of the full release was August 1997, so the model line has just turned 20.

Though technically speaking they had a list in the 2nd ed release box and a non-rules entry in the rogue trader book.

Look at the Strike Squad for Grey Knights; that makes several different types of units. You could have a ten sisters box that comes with bits to basically make BSS, Dominion, Retributor, or Celestian squads; just stuff two of every special and heavy weapon (not many options for Sisters) and everything else you'd expect for bolter ladies and options for a single sister superior. Most of the footslogging elements could come from a single box type!