Codex wishes

Atrus

H.K.M. Racks with non-one limited shot numbers are unlikely. They used to have analogous missile racks on some of their aircraft kits but rules wise those have been subsumed into just another version of multi-use missile launcher.

With this in mind, the tank your describing is simply another pattern of Exorcist.

Also, we're already over loaded with FA selections, we're probably better served trying to come up with some genuinely useful and interesting elites and alternate troops. Retreading the power-barded-steeds idea, take that squad and arm them with 'bolt-carbines'. 2w piece 'cause steed, 10" move. Gun is 18" range rapid-fire 2? Or maybe assault 2? Slot this mounted patrol in as either alternate troops or recon elites?

I've always wanted something like this:

Elite Slot:

Heavier armored sisters with large Fuel tanks on their back. 2D6 Str 5 -1 D 2 flamer.

3 wounds, 3+ save.

Fuel Tank Explosion

If a model does, roll a d6, on a 4+ units within 3" take D3 mortal wounds.

So ... a Toughness 3 version of the new Primaris Aggressors, sans Powerfists, but with an extra Wound and substantially more powerful Flamers?

Also it seems a bit much to put a unit through that nightmarish Overwatch and then potentially punish them for killing models in the unit they charged.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

I'm not sure how you'd justify even 2 wounds when the only armor that grants an extra wound is Termi armour (maybe you could have human termi armour for them, I suppose) but definitely not 3, in my opinion.

I'm not sure how you'd justify even 2 wounds when the only armor that grants an extra wound is Termi armour ...

Centurion Warsuits might grant this profile.

Also, once upon a time, dreadnoughts and related mind-impulse tech was not nearly so unique to astartes as it is today. Perhaps a unit of mini-walkers, centurion suit like things with the volunteer sisters permanently hard wired into the control harness as an act of devotion to the cause? They already have the ability to interface with power armour after all?

I'm not sure how you'd justify even 2 wounds when the only armor that grants an extra wound is Termi armour ...

Also, once upon a time, dreadnoughts and related mind-impulse tech was not nearly so unique to astartes as it is today. Perhaps a unit of mini-walkers, centurion suit like things with the volunteer sisters permanently hard wired into the control harness as an act of devotion to the cause? They already have the ability to interface with power armour after all?

I thought Sisters PA lacked the neural interface stuff that the Astartes PA has since they don't have the black carapace. 

But yeah, Sisters mini-deadnoughts like you suggested might be fun. Basically a grimdark full-borg :D

In Rogue Trader era canon, the Hard-Wired method was one of the lowest tech ways to pull it off. Only one step better than levers and switches. The realm of the more ambitious breed of Mechaniak. You don't need a black carapace if you just let them jab the wires straight into the spinal column. Hence the act of faith to sign up for a lifetime of neuro-pain and suffering purely to serve the Emperor better.

I thought Sisters PA lacked the neural interface stuff that the Astartes PA has since they don't have the black carapace.

But yeah, Sisters mini-deadnoughts like you suggested might be fun. Basically a grimdark full-borg :D

You'd justify it like you do on Orks, there's a ton of low tech metal between the suit and the wearer, and while the suit isn't really much better at stopping things it's much better at preventing them from killing you.

It's basically be certain death to be inside one of these suits, and to survive in melee in one would be unheard of, but the sister might be able to deal enough damage to justify her sacrifice

Idk my thought would be give her a decent amount of wounds and a really really good flamer, but make her expensive and have the ability to destroy her own allies, and not able to weather too much fire.

As for model, it'd be like a centurions or a mini dreadnoughts, but with no weapon other than a massive flamethrower.

Obviously this wasn't me saying "this is tested and balanced" but more "something along these lines would be rad"

~snip~ 

You'd justify it like you do on Orks, there's a ton of low tech metal between the suit and the wearer, and while the suit isn't really much better at stopping things it's much better at preventing them from killing you.

It's basically be certain death to be inside one of these suits, and to survive in melee in one would be unheard of, but the sister might be able to deal enough damage to justify her sacrifice

Idk my thought would be give her a decent amount of wounds and a really really good flamer, but make her expensive and have the ability to destroy her own allies, and not able to weather too much fire.

As for model, it'd be like a centurions or a mini dreadnoughts, but with no weapon other than a massive flamethrower.

Obviously this wasn't me saying "this is tested and balanced" but more "something along these lines would be rad"

I didn't mean justify in terms of balance, I meant in terms of fluff and consistency with existing models. The only actual armor that provides extra wounds are terminator armour and centurion suits. To justify 3 wounds, it would have to be significantly tougher then even terminator armour . . .

But I think Eddie's suggestion of making it a permanent procedure, fusing the person with the suit, could be used to justify 2 or maybe even 3 wounds.

Update: So, I want to give them the Celestian stat line as a base, but I think it might make sense to increase their S and/or T to 4. Unfortunately, if I increase both, they will have the exact same stat line as SM Termis, which I do not want.

Hum . . . I have an idea, I'm not sure if it's a good one, but it would keep them different, and might even let me play up their flavor a bit more . . . 

Edit: I could also just leave them at S3, but then they'll suck as much as anyone else in CC, and I don't want a squad full of Evicerators that isn't a Repentia Squad, and Repentia by definition don't use armour.

Edited by Servant of Dante

I believe Ork mega armor adds wounds?

I don't know anything really about regular space Marines.

Ah, possibly, I'd have to check. I really only have any idea about SM, since that's what gets brought up around here mostly, and it's the only other faction I own models for. :D