Codex wishes

Atrus

I wish the Seraphim Superior could take an inferno pistol. I know its on the first Seraphim Superior model, but I hate plasma weapons. They always seem to either kill my own model, miss, or fail to wound.

I would love for the Dex to give us.

1. A super heavy rolling cathedral tank.

2. Palatine type unit.

3. Fix hand flamers.

4. Celestians the ability to buy wargear like the IA sororitas command squad.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldnt get something in the same vein of that.

No reason why we cant have a special rule that lets us reroll 1s to wpund when using any weapon in the trinity....also no reason sisters sholdnt be OP...we are sooo rare on the table after all anf we pay exhorbitant amounts for basic troop choice (financially- seriously, for one squad of sisters ypu can buy 100 guardsmen, thats a whole footsligging army) make sisters tje pay tp win army! Okay, my delusional daydreaming done.

About the whole "Christianity has no place in 40K's religion"

Well, the ecclesiarchy is basically the medieval Catholic Church, and Dominion and Seraphim are types of angels in christian tradition . . . (Etc.)

Needless to say, I'm a fan of the Holy Trinity. It's something that sets us apart from other Imperium armies, and it's been part of our fluff for basically as long as we've had fluff. :D

Edited by Servant of Dante

I also like the idea that plasma pistols are rare weapons in the Sisterhood, given out to experienced Sisters Superior of the Celestians and Seraphim as badges of honour or martial ability.

But.

Plasma cannon Immolators.

I like the uniqueness of the sisters with the weapons "holy trinity". We dont need to have what other armies have. We can have more exclusive weapons. Why not mixing things, like better heavy weapons, better flamers, better fussion weapons. A fussion greanade launcher? a vatican swiss guard celestians?

I'd like to see more of the Special Characters we've lost since the first codex in Second Edition, and have appeared in print in books and the like. I'd give much to be able to field the Ephrael Stern model I converted up years and years ago in a game, or the other characters from the 'Faith and Fire' novel.

Yup, the Sisters of Silence disappeared after the Horus Heresy. Some guy got into contact with a group of them during a war against Orks and they mentioned that they hated what the Imperium had become, citing it as the reason why they disappeared in the first place.

EDIT: This exchange happened during the War of the Beast.  From the Lexicanum:

"By M32, only a single force of fifty Sisters were known by Imperial authorities, dwelling on the on the world of Nadiries. These stated that the Imperium had discarded them out of mistrust following the Heresy. Despite being fiercely loyal to the Emperor and Primarchs, this last bastion of the Sisterhood expressed disdain for the modern Imperium, stating they would rather see it burn than be of aid. Nonetheless, Lord Commander of the Imperium Koorland was able to convince them to help in against the Orksduring the War of the Beast"

Of course, with Gathering Storm, we have evidence that not all of the SoS felt this way as they still had a bunch of them on the Black Ships.

EDIT 2: RG re-gathered the remaining SoS and had them fight for the Imperium once more. Was mistaken haha

Edited by sedibear

While it's not entirely clear when they returned to the role (or if they truly left it outright), the Sisters of Silence mini-Codex unequivocally states that "a portion of the Silent Sisterhood still garrison the Black Ships" in the present day. It was a task that they played a significant role in during and before the Heresy, so it would only make sense that they would return to that duty now.

[Getting a bit off-topic here]

The "hating the Imperial Cult" thing is pretty simple: The Sisterhood swore their oaths of loyalty to the Emperor and his dream alone, and the Imperial Cult and shape of the post-Heresy Imperium no longer resembled what they had vowed themselves to. They do not see Him as divine. These are the women who looked upon the Emperor on the Golden Throne and saw that "... the enthroned Emperor was just a man in pain, His suffering etched plain, His mouth open in a silent scream." They had no reason to blindly serve those who claimed to champion his vision and dream while twisting it to suit their own.

"We do not recognise the simulacrum that has replaced the Emperor's dream" - Knight Obsidian Drevina, Watchers in Death.

Sororitas Chorus Member

Mv 6 WS 4+ BS 3+ S 3 T 3 W 1 At 1 Ld 7 Sv -

Sororitas choirmaster

Mv 6 WS 4+ BS 3+ S 3 T 3 W 1 At 2 Ld 8 Sv -

Bolters, Bolt Pistols and tunics (no servo)

The Sororitas choirmaster can exchange her bolter for a close combat weapon from the armory or the bolt pistol for other pistol. 

Imperium, Adeptus ministorum, Adepta Sororitas, <Order>

Infantry, Unique,

Acts of faith, Shield of faith

- Beacon of faith: (Like Celestine)

- Gospels over the heresy: All deny the witch attemps made by Adepta Sororitas Units up to 6" roll one additional die. The Sororitas chorus cant be targeted by psychics powers.

- Hearts filled with faith: All Imperium units up to 6" can use the they shall know no fear rule. And the Sororitas Chorus can perform a free act of faith each turn.

I think Hearts Filled with Faith might be better as just "The Sororitas Chorus may perform a single Act of Faith each turn" rather than giving And They Shall Know No Fear to everything within 6".

Also perhaps reword 'Beacon of Faith' to the famous:

My Armour Is Contempt - all Shield of Faith saves are increased by 1 to 5+ for <Order> Units within 6" of a Sororitas Chorus model.

That way My Armour Is Contempt stacks with Celestine's Beacon of Faith to potentially give Sororitas units a 4++ so long as they are within 6" of both the Chorus and Celestine!

I like Gospels Over the Heresy as a rule, but perhaps rename it to Light of the God-Emperor?

Celestian Ability: My Sword is Hatred - when fighting units with <Chaos> (?) keyword, all to hit rolls of 6+ immediately generate another attack. These attacks cannot generate further attacks themselves.

Celestian Ability: My Sword is Hatred - when fighting units with <Chaos> (?) keyword, all to hit rolls of 6+ immediately generate another attack. These attacks cannot generate further attacks themselves.

Rules like this are always...unpleasant. "Ah yes, on tuesdays in february if it's raining, you're wearing one red shoe, and you had tacos for lunch; you get +1 strength on the charge."